Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just had a "Moment" with a squirrel.

Mickalino

Long ago some college friends and I hitchhiked to El Paso and were looking for a place to crash on the campus of UTEP. I found a nice throw rug hanging on a line outside of a dorm and went around the back of the building and went to sleep on my side under my rug. A scratching noise behind me kept waking me up. Twice I turned around but nothing was there. Finally the third time I quickly turned around and was staring face to face with some kind of a rabbit thing, standing on it's hind legs, WITH ANTLERS!

The thing calmly turned and waddled away around the corner, which I figured that it had done the first two times that I had begun to stir. Since then I've seen something called a "jackalope" on post cards but have no clue what I was looking at that night.

And what did it want with me anyway?

:bunny::yikes:

Long ago some college friends and I hitchhiked to El Paso and were looking for a place to crash on the campus of UTEP. I found a nice throw rug hanging on a line outside of a dorm and went around the back of the building and went to sleep on my side under my rug. A scratching noise behind me kept waking me up. Twice I turned around but nothing was there. Finally the third time I quickly turned around and was staring face to face with some kind of a rabbit thing, standing on it's hind legs, WITH ANTLERS!

The thing calmly turned and waddled away around the corner, which I figured that it had done the first two times that I had begun to stir. Since then I've seen something called a "jackalope" on post cards but have no clue what I was looking at that night.

And what did it want with me anyway?

:bunny::yikes:

It wanted your acid :silly:

so many funny stories in this thread. im so glad it got bumped :D

we have a local dog park here that i used to take my dogs to. there are woods on three sides of the park and a bunch of squirrels that live in there. there was this one little guy that loved to torment the dogs by sitting on the top rail of the chain link fence and running back and forth to get the dogs attention. he would also hang out in this one tree that had a branch that extended out into the park. he would go out there and i swear you could hear him "laughing" at all the dogs because they would gather underneath this thing just freaking out at the squirrel. well one morning i dont know if it was him or another squirrel falls out of the tree and must not have been paying attention to his surroundings because my german shepherd/border collie/chow mix sees him and takes off like a bat out of hell for him. i notice her running at him and i just break out running because i dont know what she is going to do if she catches him. right as she is about to get him he sees her and takes off running. she chases him to the fence and he barely makes it through before she gets there and he runs up the tree. after he is out of danger he lets her have it. and i mean lets her have it. it was so funny listening to this squirrel up in the tree chewing out my dog. i dont even think she would have hurt him but she definitely scared the **** out of him lol.

Caught the mouse.

Bought a new trap that had a touchier trigger, and caught him about 9 last night.

Put some anitfreeze on the peanut butter.

Nah, like ASF said, then they die in the walls and stink forever. Plus, it's no good for the dogs should they get into it. (One of mine did last night, in fact,, I heard a snap about 8 and she came running out of the kitchen with her tail tucked up tight. The trap may have nipped her nose.

~Bang

ya know every time i come here i see that thread title...and i just had to finally read it!!! wow dusturbing story indeed....i didnt read the whole thing is the OP still alive? have yall heard from him? is he being held captive by a colonny of evil squirrls wanting to make a stew out of him? either way best thread title of the year!

I had a cat named Franklin who used to catch and eat squirrels. The first time, he ate the whole thing and got sick. I found a few smallish squirrel "parts" when I went to clean it up. At that point I wasn't sure which of our three cats was the killer.

Next time, I came downstairs to make coffee in the morning, and there is Franklin in the dining room munhcing on a freshly killed squirrel. Apparently he figured out what made him sick because from then on, he left the tail, legs, and nose leather and ate the rest.

One time when we took him to the vet, the doctor was giving him his exam, and said "oh, what the heck is this?" Then he got out some forceps and proceeded to pull a squirrel claw out of Franklin's teeth. We had a good laugh over that one.

It wanted your acid :silly:

Although we had travelled to El Paso to "shop" we were not successful. I would be more comfortable with the story if it was drug induced.

On another "trip" though back in the day, a friend and I had consumed something or other and decided (too late) to drive from my house to his house before the show started. Heading towards McLean from Falls Church on Westmoreland, we took a right on Kirby Rd. towards his house. Fred was driving and it was dark. Off in the woods to the right I saw some movement. Sure enough it was a herd of elephants crashing through the woods towards the road. I was frozen in silence. Without a word Fred slowed down the car to a stop. The elephants crossed the road right in front of us and disapeared into the woods on the other side.

Still stopped we had not spoken a word to each other since the elephants had appeared. I looked at Fred and asked him why did he stop the car? He calmly replied that he had to let the elephants go by.

Truedat.

wow... you are describing my neighborhood! someone got rid of the herd of elephants, though. Must've happened when cleared out all the woods and old farmhouses on Kirby Road :(

Nowadays you are lucky to see a single rougue elephant in McLean.

• 2 weeks later...
I shot a squirrel a few years back with a BB gun. I was 18 maybe. Was probably about 25 feet away, pumped the gun maybe 20 times, took one shot BAAM! right in the jugular, no lie. I walk up to him and this poor 2 llb. harmless animal has this gushing bulliet wound and is gasping air. I still have this image in my head. He's laying on his back on the top of this cement wall covered with own blood. Eyes fixed right on me, ( i'm maybe a foot away). I'll never forget this. Anyways, I literally sprint to the garage, looking for anything to put this poor **** out of his misery, I come back with an ax ( the big ones) and finish him off. I still feel terrrible, to this day.

I have a very sad and similar story. I was about 12 and my friend and I naturally get a hold of my older brother's air rifle and take it on a hike into the woods behind my house. I grew up on a signal mountain in Tennessee so we were basically surronded by forrests creeks and nature once we got a half mile or so outside the neighborhood. So we're shooting tin cans and glass bottles when I see a squirrel in a tree maybe 15 feet away and pow, lead pellet right into the poor thing's back. He falls out of the tree and survives only to be paralized from the waist down. Of course we try to end it with a head shot but we don't pump the gun enough so he gets about 4 more pellets into the heart and head before we realize it's not going to be enough firepower to finish the poor ****. We had to get the biggest rock we could find and crush his head in. We both went home and didn't speak a word about it for years. To this day, 15 years lated I've never been, and will never go hunting. I've had nightmares about it and still feel pretty guilty. Poor guy wAs just gathering nuts for his family and got put down painfully for no reason. Dammit. 12 year olds should not have access to firearms.

• 6 months later...

Woman shocked to find squirrel in toilet

EDMOND, OK: Lurking in the leaves is a nutty little intruder.

The owner of an Edmond, Oklahoma home discovered a squirrel swimming in the toilet.

It was one of the most bizarre requests for help these 9-1-1 dispatchers have ever heard.

DISPATCHER: What's going on there ma'am?

CALLER: I have some kind of animal in the toilet in my bathroom.

DISPATCHER: Like, what's it look like?

CALLER: Well, it's gray. That's all I can tell you. I didn't look real good because it scared me to death. I'm sorry.

DISPATCHER: But it's not like one of your animals like a cat or something?

CALLER: No. My cat is in my office, behaving herself.

DISPATCHER: Okay ma'am. Well, I will get a police officer over there to see if they can help you figure out what's going on for you okay?

CALLER: Okay. Thank you. I appreciate it.

Officer Derek Kennedy was the first to respond.

"As soon as I saw the squirrel I knew I needed back up immediately," joked Kennedy.

Cell phone camera rolling, Kennedy and his partner would spend the next several minutes trying to corral this intimidating creature.

"We wrangled up some snake tongs, a dog kennel. After a 5-minute chase, and him chasing us, we caught him," said Kennedy.

The Edmond police then released him in the park across the street.

It's a mystery how the squirrel got inside in the first place.

Police speculate it may have crawled through the sewer drain.

Animal control officers say these cases are extremely rare.

But if you're worried about a squirrel jumping out of your toilet, you might want to look before you leak.

• 1 month later...

Archived