Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: Study: Men with beards are more attractive

China

Study: Men with beards are more attractive

A new study shows men who have full beards are more attractive than men who are clean-shaven.

The study was published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology.

Researched asked more than 8,500 women to rate men on their attractiveness as a long-term romantic partner, Yahoo News reported.

Here’s how the facial hair rated:

1. Heavy stubble (10 days)
  2. Full beards
  3. Light stubble
  4. Clean-shaven

“Beards may be more attractive to women when considering long‐term than short‐term relationships as they indicate a male’s ability to successfully compete socially with other males for resources,” the study concluded.

Beards, the researchers said, are associated with a man’s age and masculine social dominance.

Click on the link for the full article

The Commander Riker paradigm.

Both Riker and Star Trek: The Next Generation become way more awesome when he grows the beard.

Side note: my friend and I coined a phrase that means the opposite of "jumps the shark" that I'm trying to spread into general usage.  A show "grows the beard" when it makes the jump from being pretty good to being transcendent.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Forever alone. :(

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Well **** I can't grow a beard :(

Eat some more p**** and get back to us.

522899_1.jpg.0289f9356e5073b00c5d3816af4ed70e.jpg

There is definitely a stubble threshold, 10 days is pushing it for me unless I'm cleaning the neck area.  That can be the difference between a woman thinking you already got somebody pregnant and hoping you dont ask her for money.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Side note: my friend and I coined a phrase that means the opposite of "jumps the shark" that I'm trying to spread into general usage.  A show "grows the beard" when it makes the jump from being pretty good to being transcendent.

That's a pretty regular phrase amongst Star Trek folk.

15 minutes ago, twa said:

My wife hates mine, but it might grow on her in time.

It's only been 16 yrs or so since she threatened to cut me off if I didn't shave it. 

Do that, get some...then you can ramble on here again. ?

Hubby had an "accident" last week with his goatee, will work with my plan...?

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Commander Riker paradigm.

Both Riker and Star Trek: The Next Generation become way more awesome when he grows the beard.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GrowingTheBeard

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There is definitely a stubble threshold, 10 days is pushing it for me unless I'm cleaning the neck area.  That can be the difference between a woman thinking you already got somebody pregnant and hoping you dont ask her for money.

I guess the 10 days thing really depends on the guy and how fast his beard grows. Mine grows at a pretty medium rate but I've known guys who, after 10 days, would practically have a full beard and guys who would just have a few wisps. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I guess the 10 days thing really depends on the guy and how fast his beard grows. Mine grows at a pretty medium rate but I've known guys who, after 10 days, would practically have a full beard and guys who would just have a few wisps. 

Ya, I'm half Italian, so after 10 days I can look like a damn near different person if i dont groom properly.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, I'm half Italian, so after 10 days I can look like a damn near different person if i dont groom properly.

Funny. I dont know what I'm mixed with but at 7 days I barely have anything (if I shave it all the way off it may never come back so I'm not risking it) 

By day 14 people are asking me if I'm ok. My peak is like 5 days long and then its mountain man, I hope he doesn't look this way, territory. 

When I used to get a haircut every week I couldn't go anywhere without bringing a towel with me. I would drown otherwise. 

27 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Funny. I dont know what I'm mixed with but at 7 days I barely have anything (if I shave it all the way off it may never come back so I'm not risking it) 

Ya, it's gotten worse for me as I've gotten older and shaved more regularly to have clean face around my goatee.  Before my goatee fully connected, my sideburns came all the way to my beard, could keep them clean and grow them back in less then a week easy. 

I have to shave my face every day to maintain the clean around the goatee look, my understanding is shaving regularly makes it grow faster, but genetics plays bigger part I'd say, and the hair on top of my head ain't much better.  After two weeks I have trouble brushing it forward and making it look neat, and I cut my hair with a 2.

Archived