Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 UDFA Thread

TK

Interesting we sign a FB, Elijah Wellmanm WVU.  Watching cut-ups on Guice and Fournette from LSU, many successful running plays utilized a fullback.  I wonder if Jay Gruden will run some of those plays during camp to see if a FB on the roster is warranted. 

1 hour ago, UKskins said:

Sean Welsh - OG - IOWA

Nice. Welsh was someone I actually wouldn't have minded in the back half of the draft. 

40 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kurt Benkert signs with Atlanta.  Damn.

Let's trade for my boy Kurt Benkert!

He's like "Well, it worked for Schaub"

31 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

The one link has simmie cobbs to bears.  Any confirm on that one?

I BELIEVE the reason everyone thought he was going to the bears, is because he tweeted about finding a team, and then hashtaged "Chicagolife".  He then tweeted telling people that he was just talking about his growing up there, and that wasnt the team he signed with.

Looks like we filled a lot of holes and should have money to resign our player. My guess is after June 1 cuts we get a bridge left guard and develop some of these (welch) on the practice squad.  As much as I despise g.m. Allen, I have to admit he did a great job this year

9 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Tony Adams NC State guard signed with the Jags. Darn. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/990377213538263040

Welsh may be better. I  wasn't tracking him during the draft but most sites have him ranked higher than Adams and give a 4-6 round grade on him. He has always played guard but is listed as a center (although he was only trained in the position and didn't play there) which is probably why I overlooked him.

Welsh and Parris are two big gets.  LG is like the one hole on our OL.  Welsh I'm less excited for because I just don't think he has NFL strength, but maybe that changes when he gets up here with new strength coaching.  Parris, however, is one of those "tackles in college who probably needs to slide inside to have an NFL career" guys.  I'd tell him he's playing guard, and let him compete for starting LG.  Light a fire under him.

I don't expect much from UDFAs generally, but Parris might actually do something at this level if he's healthy.

Archived