Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 UDFA Thread

TK

9 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Meh. Nice tape but he can't separate. Never big at all on WR that can't separate.  

Hail. 

Though his 3 cone may lead one to believe there could be something more in him. 

15 hours ago, carex said:

do we actually have enough roster room to sign all these guys without cutting someone, which we would have to do first

I did a head count using the Roster listed on Redskins.com.  We have 73 signed players, 7 unsigned drafted players, and using @clskinsfan list of 15 players takes us to 97; seven over and seven draft picks.  That means for each signed draft pick, we have to drop a FA

Of the 97 95 that includes signed and unsigned players, there are:

Offense (49)

12 Wide Receivers

8 Running Backs

1 Fullback

6 Tight Ends

3 Quarterbacks

5 Tackles

5 Guards

2 Centers

7 Offensive Lineman

Defense (42)

8 Cornerbacks

2 Defensive Backs

6 Safeties

14 Linebackers

14 12 Defensive Linemen

Specialty (4)

1 Kicker

1 Long Snapper

2 Punters

Edit: McClain and Francis cut 4/30

10 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

That's harder to switch from RG to LG than LG to RG in my opinion...

But who knows.

It was something like 30 rounds in the early beginning of it.. When there was just 12 or 16 pro teams...

He played LG his first two seasons. So he has experience on both sides. 

I also cant wait to see what Timon Paris has out of Stony Brook. I watched some of his tape. But it is soooo hard to evaluate guys when their competition is lacking. They had a great season but got waxed by Madison to end the season. 

I graduated from CSU Pueblo, so I’ll be interested to see how Ty McCulley does. Can’t find any video of him, but he seems like fodder. CSU Pueblo has been one of the top teams in Division II for the past seven or eight years, and won a championship in 2014. So they have some talent. I guess we’ll see. 

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

good lord football players have strange names. Ranthony? His parents basically added an R to Anthony. completely made up name :rofl89:

Haha exactly what I thought... one of those names that immediately reminded me of:

8 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Haha exactly what I thought... one of those names that immediately reminded me of:

*Well, to be FAIR...

ALL Names were CREATED by Someone.

NOTHING WRONG with being 'UNIQUE'...

But, SOME of these names are: ????????!?!

18 hours ago, Cskin said:

I've seen this on twitter all day today.  Dillon Salva, 6'6" 260lb TE out of Merrimack, will be joining Redskins for Minicamp.  Big time in-line blocker with some nice hands.  Also a basketball player as well.    

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/dillon-salva/

*TE DILLON SALVA #85, Merrimack College: This Guy has NEVER Met a 'BLOCK' which He DIDN'T 'LIKE'!!! 

'NASTY' Blocker. 'GOOD' Hands.

expect to make an impact in 2018

S Quin Blanding, Washington Redskins | PFF Big Board Rank: No. 82

Former Virginia safety Quin Blanding, a five-star recruit coming out of high school, has great size (6-foot-2, 207 pounds) for the position and can develop into an impact defender against the run at the next level.

Blanding earned 82.3-plus run-defense grades in three of his four years with the Cavaliers. He also led all draft-eligible safeties in total run stops (29) this past season, proving himself to be a force as an in-the-box safety.

While Blanding’s coverage grades haven’t followed suit throughout his career, he still has shown enough in terms of his ability to break on routes and make plays on the ball to have a role in this league. And with Su’a Cravens now off the roster, Blanding has a strong chance of working his way into a depth role with the Washington Redskins.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-10-impactful-udfa-for-2018?utm_content=buffer69769&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Archived