Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Waffle House Shooting in Nashville

88Comrade2000

The Waffle House shooting suspect thought Taylor Swift was stalking him and showed other signs of delusion

The Man Who Snatched an AR-15 From the Waffle House Shooter Says 'It Was Life or Death'

Pic of the Hero:

ap18112671641694.jpg&w=800&q=85

I eat at the local Waffle House occasion and I have eaten there during the middle of night.  Prayers to the families of the ones who died. Glad this guy was there to prevent even more deaths.

Think the shooter is still on the run.  He's naked; can't be that hard to find him; can it?

Law removes guns from crazy person.

Law gives guns to crazy person's father.

Father gives guns back to crazy person.

Crazy person kills  4 people.

Seems to me "policing current laws" is pointless if the laws and those who police them are so ****ing stupid so as to allow for this.

~Bang

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I eat of the local Waffle House occasion and I have eaten there during the middle of night. 

Think the shooter is still on the run.  He's naked; can't be that hard to find him; can it?

My friend Paul texted "He should have been smothered and covered."

[Waffle House regulars will understand that reference.]

37 minutes ago, Bang said:

Law removes guns from crazy person.

Law gives guns to crazy person's father.

Father gives guns back to crazy person.

Crazy person kills  4 people.

Seems to me "policing current laws" is pointless if the laws and those who police them are so ****ing stupid so as to allow for this.

~Bang

So, does the father find himself charged with being an accessory to murder?

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I hope so. 

I read somewhere that they think he had an apartment nearby, he ran and got some pants on, grabbed a handgun, and took off.

My original question was why wasn't he in federal custody awaiting trial for the White House incident?

16 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I mean, if you aren’t going to make these weapons illegal then you need to hold the people that enable the use of these weapons for murder accountable.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The guy who disarmed him did it without a gun of his own.

Where you at NRA?

#repealthesecondamendment

As the shooter was reloading.

Further evidence that magazine limits, or even banning detachable magazines, would save a lot of lives. 

Random thoughts:

He's is a hero, even if he doesn't thinks so.  The day the monster showed up Mr. Shaw jumped him and took his gun.  Do we have any sort of formal heroic recognition in this country?  Maybe we should.  A nice tax break and a certified heroic act that comes with a medal and appears on background checks would be nice.  We track so much negative stuff, might be nice to do a little of the opposite too. 

Edit:  I love this quote:

"I did that completely out of a selfish act. I was completely doing it just to save myself. Now, me doing that, I did save other people. But I don't want people to think that I was the Terminator, or Superman or anybody like that. It was just, I figured if I was going to die, he was going to have to work for it." - James 'Not Today' Shaw Jr.

The gun jammed or reloading seems to be a common theme in the stories of how people stop mass murderers.  If nothing else reducing capacity of weapons has to be a priority in response to the incidents.  They less time shooting and the more time fiddling with their weapon, the more time people have to escape or confront these killers. 

We all have to die, and there are some horrible ways to go, but I'd really hate to for my end to come at the hands of a naked crazy guy while dining at the Waffle House.  If I got to go violently at least let it be a better class of criminal in a higher class of restaurant. 

Dad definitely needs to be charged. The severity could be as much as accessory or aiding and abetting, or even an accomplice.

I'd like to know if he was ordered to not give the guns back to his kid by the FBI, or what the whole 'return them to his father' was based on.

Were they purchased in dad's name? What was the legality and reasoning of releasing the weapons to his father?

~Bang

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Another day, another shooting. At this point in my life I am numb to it, I'm afraid it will never change in my lifetime. I just pray it never happens to me or my loved ones.

This shooter seems ****ing wacko.

Story this weekend of the dad who randomly got stabbed in neck and died at a decent restaurant while his daughter sat on his lap shook my numbness. 

Eating dinner w fam then some random guy stabs and kills you? wtf ...  

Someone get that hero kid a GoFundMe for something.

Medical bills?  College?  A lifetime's supply of ice cream?  It'll happen.

Dad should be charged unless son stole them, and even then, I'd like to hear how they were secured even if they were stolen.  There is only a very narrow set of circumstances where what the dad did both isn't and/or shouldn't be a crime.

my first instinct is "throw the book at the dad"

but then, i am also sure that it is really hard to fully comprehend that a loved one has truly lost it.   It was sloppy and dangerous for him to return the guns to his son... but i am going to assume (for now, unless i hear otherwise) that it wasn't malicious 

I would rather the firearms be removed from the person deemed unstable and destroyed. Makes zero sense to give them to a family member. Either that, give them to law enforcement, sell them at auction... There has to be a better way than giving them to a family member. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The guy who disarmed him did it without a gun of his own.

Where you at NRA?

#repealthesecondamendment

Right, and the shooter got away. Maybe shooter would be dead instead? Maybe not. Maybe more people would have been hurt. All hypothetical.

that man is hero in my book, his motives matter not to me. Most people would be too cowardly to act at all in such a situation. 

the point is that there is potentially immense, immeasurabe value in people acting in a crisis instead of being paralyzed. 

People need to act. Hiding doesn’t do anyone anyone good, we’ve seen this. 

People also need to put their ideological bull**** to the side and stop pretending everyone is helpless in a crisis. 

13 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I would rather the firearms be removed from the person deemed unstable and destroyed. Makes zero sense to give them to a family member. Either that, give them to law enforcement, sell them at auction... There has to be a better way than giving them to a family member. 

as soon as the official position is that firearms are just the same as any other confiscated property... then what can you do?

(spoiler alert.... guns are not the same as butter)

25 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

my first instinct is "throw the book at the dad"

but then, i am also sure that it is really hard to fully comprehend that a loved one has truly lost it.   It was sloppy and dangerous for him to return the guns to his son... but i am going to assume (for now, unless i hear otherwise) that it wasn't malicious 

I’m assuming the basics are correct here... and I don’t know what the right answer is...  it if the legal system removes guns for reason, and you circumvent the legal system and give the the guns back (or give any guns to them) knowing that, you have some culpability in my book.

at some point you need to be a responsible adult. The father wasn’t. People are now dead because of it. The line was crossed. 

It sucks but you’re either a society that believes in responsibility or you’re not. 

Archived