Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cardinals Prediction Thread: MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY!

skins island connection

When: Sunday December 17th 1:00 p.m.

Where: Crappy ol' FedEx Field

The first thing that crossed my mind before typing this was the robot on Lost In Space, flinging its arms saying 'warning warning', as impeding danger was ahead. Ah, the shows of an era gone by, no hints of today's technology such as the internet, cell phones, etc.

Well my fellow Redskin fans, this season, and the overall feelings of it, are spiraling down in a rapid speed. ESers are getting more feisty, snippy, and in some cases downright arrogant. How the sweet milk of love of the Redskins has turned into the smelly provolone of disaster. Players getting hurt, dropping like flies, feelings of incompetent coaching and front office management, and a team anchored in the gridlock of ineptness. My how things change.

This Sunday, the Redskins welcome the Arizona Cardinals, a team not really going anywhere either, sitting at 6-7, but 1 game better than the Redskins.

The Cards are 2-4 on the road, and a one-time division foe, and will be looking to make things even bleaker for the Redskins this Sunday. They are 2-3 in their last 5 games, but do have wins against the Jaguars and Titans, who are not bad teams.

The Redskins are a bad team.

No way to sugar coat it, the Redskins are in disarray; Swearinger blasted coaching about having 'blah' practices, so there is frustration in the locker room, especially after having a lackluster performance against the San D, I mean Los Angeles Chargers [ whew ] in a game where they were actually in the game, until the opening kick-off happened, then it was all downhill. Cousins struggled to get the ball to WRs, and when he did manage, they dropped it, Gruden stuck with running on 1st downs to the degree that everyone in the stands knew what was coming, so you know the Chargers did.

The defense just looked flat, not so much interested, out of sorts, and this negativity carried throughout the entire team. Phillip Rivers had all the time in the world, kicking back in the pocket, then flinging the football to WRs who made their catches, and sometimes those WRs were actually tackled!

Yes, the chips are down, there's a lot of animosity coming from not only players but fans as well, and rightfully so. The frustration level is reaching critical, and another loss will officially put the Redskins in the losing category for the entire season. Myself, like many, are wanting change, but have doubts if any will happen. It starts in the front office and trickles down to the field, and players who had hopes of being on a winning team will look elsewhere. It won't be a pretty sight.

The game?

Well, it is on Sunday. 1:00 p.m.. Neither team has anything to play for except pride, and the Cardinals contest they have pride regardless of their record. Larry Fitzgerald passed Randy Moss in receiving yards, and is a class act player, couldn't be a nicer guy.

The Redskins will try to figure out their issues and put the best squad on the field. Will it be enough? Only time will tell.

Look for this game to be competitive, in ways. The Cardinals running game does excel, so will the Redskins d-line be able to stifle it? If so, will the secondary play inspired football? Will Cousins remain upright in the game? I actually think this game will be a close one, just not sure of the winner. I'm sure the field will look pretty bad come 2nd qtr, and that may give the Redskins a little advantage.

When the dust settles and the feathers fly,

the Redskins manage to pull off an upset, barely.

Redskins 20

Cardinals 18

* First correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap or beanies [ or I could just mail you a new box of Kleenex ]

Good luck !

Neil Lomax finds Roy Green for a score.  Stump Mitchell rips us for over 100 yards and a score and Vai Sikahema returns a punt for a score.  However, Joey T. finds Art Monk and Doc Walker for TDs, Riggo rushes for 120 and 2 short scores and Moseley boots a couple. 

Redskins - 34

Cardinals - 24

Shhhh...don't wake me.

Archived