Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cardinals Prediction Thread: MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY!

skins island connection

23 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

A win is never meaningless...I've never understood that..I hope to god we win out and drop down further in the first round..upper teens lower twenties is where ya wanna be picking..

You don't have players of Allen's character and talent falling through every year.

There is an elite in the NFL, there is an elite tier in the draft.

Sometimes players rise up from the lower rounds to become elite, but only after some time. Even day 2 picks are rarely immediately awe inspiring, if at all. It's those top-tier talents that you want more than anything.

Remember that meaningless win vs the Giants W15 in 2011 that started the arms race for the #2 pick (Robert Griffin)?
How about that one OT win in Jacksonville in 2010? That huge win gave the Redskins the right to pick at 10 (where they should have picked the freak 3-4 DE), when the Redskins would have been picking 5-7 with Arizona and Cleveland (traded). Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones and Aldon Smith were selected with those picks. Tyron Smith could have been the selection. 

You want to start talking about meaningless wins screwing you over just a little bit, and this is what happens. Fans need to abandon the bravado at some point and accept that there is a time to suck, for a short time and this is  that time. Suck hard. 

If Gruden facilitates losing out and getting lots of game tape on the youth/roster fodder you give him an extension. The Cowboys and Eagles have elite young talent at skill positions. The Redskins have suddenly fallen behind. 

2 hours ago, Silvernon said:

You don't have players of Allen's character and talent falling through every year.

There is an elite in the NFL, there is an elite tier in the draft.

Sometimes players rise up from the lower rounds to become elite, but only after some time. Even day 2 picks are rarely immediately awe inspiring, if at all. It's those top-tier talents that you want more than anything.

Remember that meaningless win vs the Giants W15 in 2011 that started the arms race for the #2 pick (Robert Griffin)?
How about that one OT win in Jacksonville in 2010? That huge win gave the Redskins the right to pick at 10 (where they should have picked the freak 3-4 DE), when the Redskins would have been picking 5-7 with Arizona and Cleveland (traded). Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones and Aldon Smith were selected with those picks. Tyron Smith could have been the selection. 

You want to start talking about meaningless wins screwing you over just a little bit, and this is what happens. Fans need to abandon the bravado at some point and accept that there is a time to suck, for a short time and this is  that time. Suck hard. 

If Gruden facilitates losing out and getting lots of game tape on the youth/roster fodder you give him an extension. The Cowboys and Eagles have elite young talent at skill positions. The Redskins have suddenly fallen behind. 

All good points n all but if the redskins are playing I'm rooting for them to win..draft position has never panned out for us..****ing eh god's we've been drafting in the top ten..fifteen for twenty years now...I'm sure ya can give me a list of players who have panned out but that will never matter as long as Snyder is running this ship..so for the fans who quit maybe sit back and look at the bright picture AND ROOT ON THE SKINS!!

2 hours ago, RonBurgandy said:

I don't know what's more disappointing, this team or the new Star Wars movie? ??

At least I have anchor man one and two..

Let's be honest for a second.  The Redskins are going to win out, dropping our first rounder to the mid or late teens.  Bruce and Snyder allow Kirk to walk, and then offer the Browns our first and second this year and next to land their number 1 overall pick, so we can move up to draft Mayfield.

So having said that skins 2 cards 0

Well, a win is a win is a win.

Naturally no one got the score prediction, I was hoping someone would get within a point, but a few got relatively close.

Why do I not feel all perky and cheerful inside? Oh, that's right, its a day late and a dollar short; probably would have been better to lose the game and maintain the draft spot, but didn't happen that way.

Lets face it, this was not a pretty game; the defense did a pretty good job of keeping Cardinals out of the endzone, but when the defense bends but doesn't break for weak opposing offenses, its not something to be overly excited about, because a good offense would have put this game out of reach in the 2nd.

But as I said, a win is a win is a win...

Archived