Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got Dammit Doctson

normal_gymnasium

3 minutes ago, Flamzam said:

Kirk hustling down the field putting his blood, sweat, and tears on the line and delivering that laser accurate strike... only to have Doctson betray his efforts with a drop. Unforgivable. It is simply unforgivable. I can't recall a more perfect endzone pass from Kirk in all the years we've been watching him. All the criticism he has had to endure about not showing up in big games and shrinking in the spotlight could have been blown away tonight. It SHOULD have been. A win puts the Redskins in the driver's seat of the entire league. That's the kind of game that defines teams, and can even begin dynasties. This kid is going to have to produce in a big way going forward for me to ever sing his praises again.

Exactly where I'm at.  He totally let Kirk down.  Kirk deserved that win.  Cousins is such a nice guy but I know he has to be pretty pissed Doc ruined what would've been am epic moment for him and the 2017 Redskins. 

A win tonight would've excised so many demons for Kirk.  

Got dammit, Doctson.  

That's a super epic catch if he makes it.

i think jumping 3 feet off the ground stretching out with someone draped on you and falling onto the ground is excuse enough to drop the balls. It sucks he did. But the game had other things to be upset about. Like Preston smith and his hiccups, or not running the read option on that third and goal. Or gruden not calling a timeout with 52 seconds left. Etc etc. not really mad at doctson for that one. Dissapointed sure 

I honestly think everyone has gone mad. Ask yourself if that happens on the first drive of a game versus the last how you're responding? On a scale of 1-10, that catch would have been a 10. He's the only WR we've had with the potential to make that play... maybe ever. It wasn't a "drop" or a "bad play," as Keim said it could have been a "great play."

In this thread and the GD thread I've seen "he should have landed on his back," he probably lands out of bounds if he doesn't turn the way he does. I've read the defender "didn't do anything," when he actually clocked Josh in the face mask. It was so close, the booth was wondering if replay was going to have another look... it was very comparible to Dez in GB controversy a few years ago, I don't recall a person in America saying Dez should have controlled it (it was about whether or not it was a catch).

Two weeks ago Josh couldn't get on the field and when he did Kirk wouldn't trust him... now he's getting the ball thrown up for grabs to him with the game on the line and trusted to make a play that maybe 3 WRs in the game can make (Julio Jones, Beckham and Brown)... I'd call that progress.

Bree had four penalties (one phantom) and Smith three (the goal line was BS call). Perine had a huge muff when we were rolling. Kirk was very good, but missed Reed to extend a drive and Grant for a TD. Jay called a terrible timeout and gave the Chiefs almost a minute of clock. Said he thought Kirk would take the check down option but he didn't (what the hell did you discuss during the stupid timeout???). We had more injuries in one game since MNF 1990. We didn't deserve to pull off the upset and almost did... in my mind we're the actually better physically talented/deeper team who let one get away and that is supposed to be the best team in football. I felt the same way against Philly. We deserve 2-2 at this point, but everything indicates we have a higher ceiling than we've had in years... 

I was pissed about the early bye, now I'm thankful... not only do we get healthy but the coaches will spend two weeks breaking down mistakes that cost us this game. I doubt they spend two seconds analyzing this near catch because he didn't do anything wrong... he just didn't finish the highlight reel catch. Note to the crazies, if it is going to be shown on multiple angles on Sportscenters Plays of the Day... it's not  a drop. 

First of all I think the jump was amazing. That part showed his talent and why we took him in round one. 

Personally I feel like he has been out of football for to long. On one pass early in the game (some 12 yard gain on the left side), he was already a little shaken up. Then with this catch he is flying in the air, grabs the ball, extends his left arm (what isn't a bad idea, if he would have used a proper Judo technique to break his fall), then get's his with a arm/hand in his face, then falls on his right arm that is underneed the ball, the other guy rolls over him and the ball just rolls out of his arm. I think its just one of does plays you can't practise...you need to be in top football shape to just crash on the ground, get hit and still make the catch. Your body needs to be used to that type of stuff.

I also had this when playing lacrosse. You needed to get hit a couple of time in real game speed to feel comfortable in getting hit. When you then get comfortable you can just focus on completing the catch because you no longer care about the hit. You know it is comming but you also now it's not a probleme. You can handle it. 

Frustrating he couldnt hold on, does his helmet get tucked before he hits the ground? We lost one tough game (prob would have anyway the way our D was gassed) but I think we have seen we could actually have a WR1 on the roster because Pryor isn't one.

Small margins but I'd much more excited long term about a WR who almost made that amazing catch over the one got away with blatant offensive PI  for his touchdown 

lets not beat ourselves over this one play.  Doctson simply has not played in a competitive game consistently now for over a year.  That why the drop.  He had it with both hand secure, brings it in with one, the defender doesn't even touch it and when he hits the ground it shakes loose.  That was an amazing pass by KC btw and also Doctson was being held at the 10 yard line by the CB, should have been holding on that play.  I am more pissed at Pryor and his alligator arms when going across the middle, and Perine inability to catch a simple toss.  

Doesn't matter however, I feel great about our team.  With all the injuries on the D side, with all the stupid penalties (I am sure that place was hell last night, its the best home crowd right up there with Seattle), we still were just one play away from winning it.  This team is going to win the NFC East if we can get healthy again, no other team in this division is playing at this level.

6 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

No guarantee we win the game even if he catches it.. It took em what 10 seconds to get to our 35 yardline after the fact?? 47 seconds and 2 timeouts is a LIFETIME in the NFL..

No guarantee, but they would have had the added advantage of them still needing a TD.  

That was a tough play..  love to see him hold on, but i won't hold it against him. he went up so high to get it.. Kirk made a nice throw, but the fact he threw it so high means he knows how high up Doc can got to get it. The way down with a defender yanking on him while trying to hold on and stay in bounds,, that's a different set of problems.

I was much more aggravated by Pryor short arming a slant that could have given us a first down.

~Bang

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

No guarantee, but they would have had the added advantage of them still needing a TD.  

Not a guarantee but close.  you defend way different if you opponent has 45 seconds and needing a TD than just a field goal to win.  Essentially you goal line is the 25-35 for a FG. I would have liked our chances, even with our injuries.

Honestly, that jump was so ridiculous that I would have been surprised to see him come down with it. I assumed he would drop the ball, not because I'm a negative person, but because that's a long way up while being tangled up with a defender. It's a tough catch that would have been remarkable in that context.

I think Doctson will learn from this and improve. 

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Kirk had two similar options on that play, because Pryor was probably more open with one on one on the other side.  Pick your poison on which one was gonna drop the ball.

Pryor drops the ball when no great effort is required

Give me doctson with the (attempted) spectacular catch every day of the week.

35 minutes ago, tshile said:

Pryor drops the ball when no great effort is required

Give me doctson with the (attempted) spectacular catch every day of the week.

Pryor so far I don't trust.  Doctson has shown flashes of making spectacular catches.  That would have been a great catch if he held onto it IMO.  I get in the throes of losing its frustrating so its been reframed as an easy catch but IMO that's insane.  I was actually encouraged by it.   Watching Jay's presser he seemed to give that same vibe.

7 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I actually thought he did. It was a weird way to lose the ball. He caught it, brought it into his body and came down with it and somehow lost it. Imo it was worth challenging since we had 2 TO and weren't gonna use them. Was worth a shot.

cant challenge that. and, when the ball squirts out when you hit the ground, its not a catch. 

4 hours ago, SamoaSkinz said:

I think some of you guys are too hard on Doctson. Sure I'm disappointed but I'm not putting this loss on him. He will be a great Wr for us going forward.

It's really ridiculous that some are down on the guy. My view is give him  more chances  and he will produce for us. This two or three targets a game needs to stop.

32 minutes ago, grego said:

cant challenge that. and, when the ball squirts out when you hit the ground, its not a catch. 

Not only that but it was under 2 minutes so the review has to come from the booth.

I think what's so frustrating about the play is that it embodied all that we know about Doctson thus far, fairly or unfairly.

Unbelievable athletic play to go up and get the ball, but rather than get two hands on it, he used one hand to soften the blow to the ground.  All the potential in the world but not quite there in regards to putting it all on the line.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Honestly, that jump was so ridiculous that I would have been surprised to see him come down with it. I assumed he would drop the ball, not because I'm a negative person, but because that's a long way up while being tangled up with a defender. It's a tough catch that would have been remarkable in that context.

I think Doctson will learn from this and improve. 

True.  That DB didnt have a chance.  Doctson got up there.  He's a 6'2" guy that plays like he's 6'5" when he goes after a ball.

Archived