Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roger Ailes is Dead

Dan T.

Some of y'all are way nicer than I am, good job although I'm not sure how ya do it.

If anything he got off easy, and I'd "celebrate" if there was some appropriate amount of justice served on him before he croaked, like two Saw sequels and then a Fargo woodchipper.. If that makes me a bad guy I can live with that.

3 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

You should add a link.

to the grease-fire in hell?

that would be quite the video feed.. but i am not sure if it would be appropriate for this family friendly environment

(but i actually agree with the "no gloating over people that have just died" standard)

4 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I'm curious at what point a person becomes terrible enough to openly celebrate their death. We celebrated Bin Laden's death, Hitler's death... they are obviously to the extreme far end of the terrible spectrum. I'd say it's fine to celebrate the death of Ailes, but at the very least saying "good riddance" shouldn't be frowned upon. 

This is a really good question.  I am typically not in favor of celebrating death, regardless of how you feel about the person.  

In my 40 years, there has only been 1 person I can think of who's death I "celebrated." And when I say "celebrated," more like, "Yeah, I'm glad that guy's dead" rather than throwing a party.

That guy was Osama bin Ladden. 

I was trying to think of any others. I couldn't.  Ailes, for me, as much as I despised him, doesn't make the list.  For me, it's really Hitler/Stalin level folks.  bin Ladden was definitely at that level.  

Death is weird. We all have our own unique relationship with it so to me there is no right or wrong answer. Outside of something truly abhorrent (think WBC picketing funerals) that affects the living, I'm not judging anyones reaction. 

For me personally, Ailes death changes nothing so whatever. No emotion on his death. Wish he was never born though. 

Just in case any lurkers see this thread and think "oh my God, look at these liberals celebrating Roger Ailes death!!" The reactions you're seeing here aren't because the majority of the posters on this site are democrats. It's because we're all hardcore Redskins fans. It gives you a different perspective on death...

Sweet, sweet death.

He was formative at CNBC and MSNBC as well... 

"Ailes eventually made his way back to television, this time focusing on cable news. In 1993, he became president of CNBC and later created the "America's Talking" channel, which would eventually become MSNBC.[21]"

Upon hearing the news the other day, I broke out my favorite whisky and enjoyed some of it straight up. The red label Crown Royal XR isn't made anymore so I only drink it on the most special occasions these days. The last time I had some was when Alito kicked the bucket. If things keep going at this rate though, I might be out of it before too long. It would be a nice problem to have.

Archived