Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roger Ailes is Dead

Dan T.

3 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

See, I am one that believes that there is a time and place for everything. 

This is neither. 

That is just pitiful. 

Disagree

I reject the hypocrisy of faux concern for someone who spent their life being a POS and making others miserable. We see it every time, as soon as someone croaks the tears flow "Oh, its so sad, before their time" yadda yadda yadda...........

The most I can give him is the promise I won't go piss on his grave ( I hate standing in long lines)

18 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Disagree

I reject the hypocrisy of faux concern for someone who spent their life being a POS and making others miserable. We see it every time, as soon as someone croaks the tears flow "Oh, its so sad, before their time" yadda yadda yadda...........

haha. Sir, I am am not a hypocrite, nor do I even care about this loss of life. 

I am simply of the feeling that death is not a celebratory thing, even for our enemies. 

I do agree about the last sentence though, I shed no tears or had no issue, when this or that person passed away. 

I'm curious at what point a person becomes terrible enough to openly celebrate their death. We celebrated Bin Laden's death, Hitler's death... they are obviously to the extreme far end of the terrible spectrum. I'd say it's fine to celebrate the death of Ailes, but at the very least saying "good riddance" shouldn't be frowned upon. 

You are perhaps correct sir. " Good riddance" is a fair statement. 

I think there are a ton of folks that need to go... I suppose I would be nonchalant about most circumstances. 

I simply don't think I would be doing cartwheels about anyone passing away, or celebrating. 

56 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I'm curious at what point a person becomes terrible enough to openly celebrate their death. We celebrated Bin Laden's death, Hitler's death... they are obviously to the extreme far end of the terrible spectrum. I'd say it's fine to celebrate the death of Ailes, but at the very least saying "good riddance" shouldn't be frowned upon. 

Good question.  In addition to Ailes, another interesting example would be Aaron Hernandez... where on a "1 to 10" spectrum do you place him, where 1 is a week of national mourning and 10 is spontaneous street celebrations?  Between Ailes and Hernandez, who rates higher on that scale? And does cause of death factor in?

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I am happy he died in disgrace. A net positive for the world to be rid of him.

Agreed. I'm glad he was exposed before he died and spent his last days in disgrace. That's justice. It's better to have honest contempt than dishonest appreciation. The eventual fluff pieces that will go on and on about what a great man Ailes was won't cover up what a piece of **** he really was.

Hernandez was a serial killer - way worse than Ailes.

In a sense, you could equate Ailes with somebody like Carl Jung (the Johnny Depp character in Blow), who provided a lucrative harmful product to a public hungry for it. As No Excuses said, the gratifying touch is that he died in disgrace.

This sort of dynamic with the demise of such a public figure is not a new thing. What's appropriate? What isn't?

What level of sensitivity should be accorded to any death, the deceased's friends and family, as a principle, regardless of one's personal opinion of the character of the deceased, when making comments about them at the time of their passing?

Giving this matter serious weight, after careful consideration, I can say that my position is his demise should have been slower, showered with even more (far more) disgrace, and more physically painful. 

(i am semi-retired as a healer--more into infecting now)

14 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Hernandez was a serial killer - way worse than Ailes.

In a sense, you could equate Ailes with somebody like Carl Jung (the Johnny Depp character in Blow), who provided a lucrative harmful product to a public hungry for it. As No Excuses said, the gratifying touch is that he died in disgrace.

I could write a looonnnngggg argument about Ailes being a worse person than Hernandez. I'm not going to, but I could.

17 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I could write a looonnnngggg argument about Ailes being a worse person than Hernandez. I'm not going to, but I could.

One could certainly make the argument that Ailes had a far more pervasive and insidious effect on society as a whole, and I would agree, since those affected by Hernandez's murders are rather limited in scope.

Archived