Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

InfoWars is about receive WH Press credentials: The American Media and the Trump White House

No Excuses

This is worthy of its own thread. Because as of right now, InfoWars has hired noted conspiracy nutbag Jerome Corsi as it's "Washington Correspondent" and he is in the process of receiving credentials to official White House press briefings.

Yes you read that right. InfoWars is on the verge of going mainstream in the White House. I guess this should not be a surprise since Trump faced no backlash for giving a nice 30 minute interview to Alex Jones during the election cycle. But this feels like a punch in the gut. I absolutely cannot believe that we have come to the point where Alex Jones has entered the mainstream press conversation.

This is a complete and utter breakdown of reality.

Dear sane Republicans, please drop your hatred of the left, and do something.

Just now, Llevron said:

Who?

They are there. And there are enough of them that if they vote Democrat for even an election or two, they can seriously swing the conservative movement back to reality.

There is absolutely nothing normal about Alex Jones going mainstream.

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Jesus Christ on a cracker........

For those of you who don't know or just don't care, Corsi was the leading Birther journalist.

When Trump was talking about his investigators in Hawaii, he was talking about WND's employees. And that employee was Corsi.

This is nuts. This is ****ing nuts people. 

Sandy Hook, 9/11 truthers are going mainstream. Wake the **** up. These con artists have recognized just how many gullible and paranoid people in this country there are. And they are taking them all straight down a cliff into complete insanity. 

At this point I am at a loss for words. We've all been conditioned to accept basic things as normal: one of them being that tin-foil nutjobs like Jones have a niche audience of lonely paranoid freaks, who think everyone and the world is out to get them and is to blame for their misery.

The day an InfoWars journalist enters the WH press briefing room with credentials will be one of the worst and most shameful days in this countries history. 

This is actually an important standalone thread. 

You know the WH "froze" CNN out from having admin-employed speakers (kellyanne/spicer; the usual suspects) appear on their network cuz there's"no point sending our people there to present our agenda."

I thought a great response would be if abc, nbc, abc, & msnbc all said "we'll no longer put those people on our air either, then, and we'll just report anyway" ...which i'd personally prefer as i have never beheld in all my political observation so much serial bald faced lying as offerd by trump & co. not even the nixon days.

and i've not seen such a parade of cognitively shaky humans in these positions as the herd of trump surrogates we've become familiar with on tv.

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

This is actually an important standalone thread. 

You know the WH "froze" CNN out from having admin-employed speakers (kellyanne/spicer; the usual suspects) appear on their network cuz there's"no point sending our people there to present our agenda."

I thought a great response would be if abc, nbc, abc, & msnbc all said "we'll no longer put those people on our air either, then, and we'll just report anyway" ...which i'd personally prefer as i have never beheld in all my political observation so much serial bald faced lying as offerd by trump & co. not even the nixon days.

and i've not seen such a parade of cognitively shaky humans in these positions as the herd of trump surrogates we've become familiar with on tv.

I don't think we are far off from that and I think it will be Trump and his people who essentially shun the sane voices in the media.

Besides Fox News, this admin is cultivating several other news sources: LifeZette, OANN, Breitbart as essentially state sponsored propaganda. 

Soon the true believers are all going to be in one massive echo chamber.

This is a nightmare scenario and a complete breakdown of our system. 

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I don't think we are far off from that and I think it will be Trump and his people who essentially shun the sane voices in the media.

Besides Fox News, this admin is cultivating several other news sources: LifeZette, OANN, Breitbart as essentially state sponsored propaganda. 

Soon the true believers are all going to be in one massive echo chamber.

This is a nightmare scenario and a complete breakdown of our system. 

I was thinking this earlier too.  Jesus, it's getting really hard to keep track of all the terrible things being done to this country since Trump came into office.  

Aside from being stupid, this is a move the administration will regret.  People as crazy as infowars can't be anything but what they are.  They can play nice for a time, but eventually we're going to see a question about mind control and Spicer is going to have to answer nicely or risk angering the crazies.  

Just now, Destino said:

Aside from being stupid, this is a move the administration will regret.  People as crazy as infowars can't be anything but what they are.  They can play nice for a time, but eventually we're going to see a question about mind control and Spicer is going to have to answer nicely or risk angering the crazies.  

Yup, this

No wonder Trump and Bannon are getting so much done. They must be on the ultimate supplement, Brain Force Plus

"Top scientists and researchers agree: we are being hit by toxic weapons in the food and water supply that are making us fat, sick, and stupid. 

It's time to fight back with Brain Force PLUS, the next generation of advanced neural activation. This all-new enhanced formulation not only contains 20% more capsules per bottle, but has been enhanced for maximum potency and even contains a brand new ingredient called Black Pepper Fruit Extract for an added kick.

“Brain Force has been an absolute favorite among thousands of listeners, with hundreds of 5-star reviews coming in from certified third party review sites. Now, with Brain Force PLUS, we have gone the extra level. This is what I take before a hard-hitting show. I absolutely love it, and the crew does too. This stuff is over the top powerful!” - Alex Jones"

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Bingo. While certainly Infowars and a few other like sites got some more notoriety during the election,it's not a leap to say many,many Americans out there still aren't familiar with Jones and his tin foil wearing lemmings. While a bit concerning,I think this could actually introduce many Americans to the crazy that these folks represent and could link the Administration to them permanently. Not a great result. 

system's a long way yet from being in "complete breakdown" and remember, he campaigned and got elected basically on "imma rip it all up "

side note--i do wish the gop side would quit using the phrases like "voters made their choice" and "americans spoke and he's the winner" ect as though half (or more) the nation isn't always on the other side...just say, we don't really care about the other side if that's the way it is lol...wish using untrue phrasing wasn't such the norm in politics...i have more respect for the trumpet who says "we won the prize no matter how you slice it so tough ****" because that's how many folks seem to feel about or treat the other side after their wins...some leaders do unify more than others, and that's to their everlasting credit as rare as it is...and to be sure, it's a herculean feat to actually move that unify needle in this long-standing partisan landscape

22 minutes ago, Destino said:

For what it's worth, InfoWars has been going through essentially a makeover. If you go on their website today, you will not recognize it from what it used to be several years ago.

These days Alex Jones isn't ranting about tap water turning frogs gay. 

He's moved onto pushing conspiracies that are essentially more mainstream in extreme right wing circles. He's also turned into a huge anti-immigration and anti-Islam nut.

He had jumped head first into the fake Pizzagate scandal, even saying that he wants his supporters to go "check out" what's going on at Comet. Well, when one dude showed up their with a gun, Jones decided to scrub all mentions of Pizzagate from his website.

For outside observers, it's pretty obvious that Jones doesn't really believe the nonsense he spews. He's basically keeping the conspiracy/nutjob angle, but attracting the Breitbart/WND audience. 

Gone are the days of gay frogs, chemtrails and human/fish hybrids. He's now warning people about the risks of vaccines and flouridated water.

Guys...guys you're all over-reacting. Give him a chance. He was fairly elected, we don't know what he's going to do yet. 

Calm down. He's going to move to the center after the innauguration. He will be a unifier not a divider. He's a smart man, this country needs to be run like a business. He's your President, so he deserves your respect and support. Wanting him to fail is wishing for the nation to fail. 

28 minutes ago, Destino said:

My only hope is that certain Republicans like Ryan realize that while they are on top of the hill for the next 4 years (dems will not take control of house or senate in 2018, too many open D spots and not enough R openings) .. if they go nuclear and drastically change precedent, Dems for the next 100 years will use the Trump admin as their own precedent to ram the D agenda down the Rs throats. 

Like Obama said, this will be a brown nation. In 10-20 years, it will be Dem controlled with no looking back. in 10-20 years Texas may be a Dem state. 

Ive heard some Rs say that they know that eventually Dems will be back in control and they have to be careful to not allow this 4 year window completely throw the check and balances out the window. 

Archived