Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

InfoWars is about receive WH Press credentials: The American Media and the Trump White House

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, s0crates said:

I can understand people being upset that this could somehow legitimize Alex Jones, but I would be opposed to any kind of censorship. People who are wrong have a right to free speech too.

He can can speak freely all he wants. It shouldn't be from the White House Press Room. 

8 hours ago, s0crates said:

I can understand people being upset that this could somehow legitimize Alex Jones, but I would be opposed to any kind of censorship. People who are wrong have a right to free speech too.

This isn't a free speech issue. Brietbart, InfoWars and the KKK are free to write/speak/publish all the racist, conspiracy ladened BS they want...but no where in the First Amendment does it say that access to the White House press corp is a Constitutionally protected right. Come on @s0cratesyou knew that was a goofy argument when you made it right?

Trump/Bannon have discussed kicking CNN et al out of the White House while admitting InfoWars....THIS is a problem and to normalize it is dangerous to a massive degree. This is simply u deniable. 

37 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This isn't a free speech issue. Brietbart, InfoWars and the KKK are free to write/speak/publish all the racisted, conspiracy ladened BS they want...but no where in the First Amendment does it say that access to the White House press corp is a Constitutionally protected right. Come on @s0cratesyou knew that was a goofy argument when you made it right?

Trump/Bannon have discussed kicking CNN et al out of the White House while admitting InfoWars....THIS is a problem and to normalize it is dangerous to a massive degree. This is simply u deniable. 

I didn't really make an argument.

I think you and @Dan T. have both taken a reasonable enough position by saying Alex Jones has every right to say and publish what he wants, but Trump shouldn't legitimize him by making him part of the press corps. 

I only mention my stance on free speech because I've noticed a certain segment of the left has come dangerously close to advocating censorship and silencing dissenting opinions. Consider for example the hysteria about "fake news" or what happened at Berkeley today.

8 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

This isn't surprising, Alex Jones will have a "special report" and within 24 hours Trump tweets something similiar to what Jones said.  I'm not even joking which is the sad part.

I think i hear the creak of your eyelids opening.

Come into the light, Zaz!

~Bang

We need a multi-party system that offers more fluid alliances between mainstream Democrats and Republicans.  Outside of evangelically based social conservatism, they have more in common with each other than those same Republicans do with whatever the **** Trump is.  The two-party intractability is why so many GoPers are stuck married to Trump.  And leaders lead.  Trump will lead them down a dark path.

9 hours ago, s0crates said:

It's actually not that hard to get a one off Press credential to the White House. I got to cover the White House once as a radio reporter during the Obama Administration. I applied for it, told them the story I wanted to work with, who I was affiliated with and 48 hours later I was approved. So, the censorship notion is kind of a con here. 

It was a fluff piece. I got to cover the press conference for the White House Science Fair and then hobnob with the kids and their inventions. Still, I was within thirty feet of the President and have pics of him speaking and pics of me behind the Presidential seal. Having been there, I can tell you that the briefing room where the Spicer speaks is actually pretty small. The seats there are at a premium. I was glad to have gotten my chance to be there and in the White House itself.

Now, the guys who have a standing presence at the White House is a bit of a different story. Those slots are reserved for the heavy hitters, the most important news services. By giving Infowars a permanent seat at the table, you are absolutely putting them on equal footing with the Wash Post, ABC, FOX, CNN etc. In fact, given the current whispers, you are probably putting Infowars above many of those institutions as their place is rising as outlets like CNN, NYTimes, Washpost, etc. are being reviewed and in several instances rescinded.

The White House has a right to do this. They can invite or disinvite anyone they choose. The choice, however, is telling.

11 hours ago, Jumbo said:

hey zazz, amigo...find the notice you got when i did an @ at you a couple days ago and go read the post...and don't get skeered :)

Honesty Jumbo I don't have one from you. The last post i had about politics I got notifications that Redskinsfan44 and Larry quoted my rant about Democrats at the top of their party.

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You think I can get WH press credentials?

Start a 'news' org and see. they give them to newsmax,motherjones, Huffpo. Rare and such.

I'd prefer less press and conferences from the WH since most is just propaganda.

17 minutes ago, twa said:

Start a 'news' org and see. they give them to newsmax,motherjones, Huffpo. Rare and such.

I'd prefer less press and conferences from the WH since most is just propaganda.

Where was the outrage over Huffpo?  Because that's a grade a craptastic news org

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

Where was the outrage over Huffpo?  Because that's a grade a craptastic news org

Has Infowars won a Pulitzer? Are far as ridiculous comparisons go..HuffPo isn't even in the same universe as Breitbart or Infowars. 

HuffPo is a left leaning news organization. blog, and aggregator of news stories. Infowars is a fake news website. 

1 minute ago, USS Redskins said:

Frankly there is no press anymore.. journalism is completely dead after 2016... hell, I can't believe the media can even speak after fellating obama non-stop for 8 years. 

This is a terrible post.  Fox News beat Obama's brains in for 8 full years...while the country was doing quite nicely.  Face it, he's a great speaker, a great guy and family man and was a definite C+/B- president.  Might be time for you to get off the campaign trail, partner...

Archived