Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

Just now, wvuredskinsfan82 said:

I wish I could. I work night shift til 8:30am then take care of a bedridden guy with multiple sclerosis. Once I get him up and ready for the day, I'll finally be able to go home and sleep.

Hang in there. Hopefully we land Pryor tomorrow. Someone made the good point earlier that usually when Snyder's plane is dispatched it usually means we arent letting him leave.

2 minutes ago, Yeen80 said:

Hang in there. Hopefully we land Pryor tomorrow. Someone made the good point earlier that usually when Snyder's plane is dispatched it usually means we arent letting him leave.

That's true. I think if Pryor signs then we should focus on defense the rest of the offseason. Well maybe get a left guard. Shaun was pretty bad last season. Maybe draft a running back. A good rushing attack and defense would be huge for Kirk even if its just for one more season.

For everybody who wants Bennie Logan, Poe or Hankins.

Brandon Williams - 5 years 54 m 27.5 Guaranteed.

Teams who where in the hunt for him Giants (What?!) and Titans. 

I think Poe wants more money then Williams (way more if we can believe the rumors but that teams question his back issues). Hankins probally wants around the same. Logan might think he is worth the same also.  

2 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

For everybody who wants Bennie Logan, Poe or Hankins.

Brandon Williams - 5 years 54 m 27.5 Guaranteed.

Teams who where in the hunt for him Giants (What?!) and Titans. 

I think Poe wants more money then Williams. Hankins probally wants around the same. Logan might think he is worth the same also.  

I'm hoping we sign Logan, 5 years  $45m  $22m guaranteed. 

HTTR 

Think we just need to pay the premium for Pryor and get him. Sounds like there's a bit of a standoff going on in the DL market, I'd go for another one without hesitation.

Intrigued to know the plan at ILB. Sure we'll draft one. Also like Butler from the colts at DB. 

3 hours ago, worldpost said:

I don't believe either player is inferior to Baker....   Baker looked better to us, because the rest of our DL was horrid.

You say that like the Oakland and Dallas defenses were really good. Oakland was equally as bad as ours and while Dallas was excellent against the run, they were worse than us against the pass. 

I like Pryor. He was essentially a rookie WR last year,, the fact he was a QB that was practically out of the league and has transformed his game to give himself a chance speaks volumes about his character and desire. He is focused and motivated.

His hands are HUGE. He is very tall and rangy and has a good eye for the ball. He has good vertical and is strong enough to wrestle catches away from DBs .

Running better routes will come, no doubt. As I said above, he's anything but a one trick pony, I believe his desire means he can learn and excel. Remember how he used to run in college? L O N G strides,, looked like he was running slower while he blew past everyone on the field. Getting him the ball in space can turn into big plays.
This is not an equal comparison, but with those hands, his size, length and leap, he could be a Megatron type player who will command double teams.

@DC9 thanks for the hard work again this year! I sincerely appreciate it. This thread is invaluable for a quick catch up. I am scanning it all day.

~Bang

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

9:45? Really Brother? On the first day of FA? Mother of god remind me not to invite you to my annual New Years eve party!

lol, sorry buddy. Hey you can still invite me to your New Year Bash. I am usually good up to a whopping 10:30. :ols:

31 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Listening to Galdi this morning, doesn't sound like the details of the Garcon contract were really all that bad.  Two year deal with a bunch of options years was how he described it.  Hadn't seen that anywhere.

Yep.  I will also point out Baker's deal was not as expensive as well. We see the guaranteed money, and then assume the worst when really, the details of the deal are a lot more telling. Say what you want about Baker, but I have a hard time thinking we are a better team without him, letting him walk from a position of weakness without even the courtesy of a team friendly offer.

Maybe he got in trouble for calling out Barry's lame duck calls.

5 hours ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

Yes and no. Looks very much like Year 1 was Scot's FA, with last year far more Bruce input. The Kendall Reyes, David Bruton signings seem pure Allen. Reactionary "cheap / value" moves following McCloughan's aggressive and more expensive (failed) acquisitions of Culliver, Paea, Knighton. We can safely say RJF and Vernon Davis were McCloughan signings. Junior Galette, too.

Bruton was the same sort of player Jeron Johnson was, and Reyes should have only bee a minor step back from RJF

54 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Listening to Galdi this morning, doesn't sound like the details of the Garcon contract were really all that bad.  Two year deal with a bunch of options years was how he described it.  Hadn't seen that anywhere.

Yeah. From what I read the total high-end numbers are all theoretical from incentives and achievements. And from what I understand it's easy to get-out after year 2. Which ultimately nullifies the handwringing argument of paying a social securty aged WR so-many-a-lot millions of dollars 

Archived