Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

16 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

"Months of investigations" lol.  By my count we are at day 45 of Trump's presidency.  Comey just refuted Trump's claims.  His first NSA has resigned and his AG has recused himself of any investigation into a foreign power interfering in his election.  I wouldn't be so confident he won't be found guilty of anything.

FBI first told the DNC they were hacked by Russia in Sept of 2015 but lets say you throw that out because the DNC is on record as saying the contractor didn't believe it was really the FBI telling them they were hacked, they have been investigating since Nov, thats 4 months.

4 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I don't and neither do you, I think common sense tells us that intelligence is supposed to be secret, not leaked on MSNBC every 10 minutes.

I know they have tons of data and if there was anything of substance they would move fast to make sure Trump doesn't do anything else stupid.

You can also take Clappers 2 cents into account as he already said there was nothing, but then again we already know he lied about Obama wire tapping Americans so maybe he isn't a good source either.

It gets leaked every 10 minutes through anonymous IC people because Trump actively antagonizes them.  There are thousands of pieces to the Trump puzzle.  Each IC leaker has probably 1 piece.  The FBI as a whole is building the puzzle.

We literally just got intel handed over from EU allies within the past 72 hours.

This. Is. An. Evolving. Story.

And there could be plenty of substance that isn't actively a short term threat to national security.

For example, let's say Russia is colluding with and/or blackmailing Trump on Russian sanctions, with Trump actively working to lift sanctions at the behest of Putin using the threat of Russian divestiture from Trump properties to keep Trump's feet to the fire.

Such a thing would definitely be impeachable.

But is it an immediate national security threat?

Not really.  It's a long term concern, but it's not going to get Americans killed in the short term, probably.

So why rush an investigation and push it through half-baked?  Why not finish the puzzle, connecting the dots, etc.?

31 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

A source said this, a source said that, what an F show this has become.  I think it's clear our intelligence agencies hate Trump but here we are, another day of "sources" giving info and our intelligence agencies who have all the data won't say or corroborate anything.

I put as much blame on our intelligence agencies as I do Trump, they are leaking like a sieve but they have no balls to come out and say anything or provide any real evidence, most likely because they have none.

Its interesting that a man so hated and who has done so much wrong can't be found guilty of anything after months of investigations.

I may be misunderstanding you, but this is my impression.  The leaks began when the IC heard Flynn (with Pence reiterating) saying he had no contact with Russians.  This alarmed them, so they leaked the story.  Then he lied about what was discussed, so the IC leaked the fact that sanctions were indeed discussed.  It went on from there.  

As to why they haven't released direct evidence, I would assume they're having to get warrants and then comb through bunches of data/calls.  The Steele document was concerning, but it seems that it didn't get serious until they started noticing more and more parts of the dossier were corroborated.  

As to why why these guys aren't sharing these things openly (as opposed to anonymously), pretty sure it's a crime to do so, let alone a fireable offense.  

I might be completely talking around you, sorry if that's the case. :)

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

I may be misunderstanding you, but this is my impression.  The leaks began when the IC heard Flynn (with Pence reiterating) saying he had no contact with Russians.  This alarmed them, so they leaked the story.  Then he lied about what was discussed, so the IC leaked the fact that sanctions were indeed discussed.  It went on from there.  

As to why they haven't released direct evidence, I would assume they're having to get warrants and then comb through bunches of data/calls.  The Steele document was concerning, but it seems that it didn't get serious until they started noticing more and more parts of the dossier were corroborated.  

As to why why these guys aren't sharing these things openly (as opposed to anonymously), pretty sure it's a crime to do so, let alone a fireable offense.  

I might be completely talking around you, sorry if that's the case. :)

The leaks began shortly after Trump won the election and our intelligence agencies said Russia tried to sway our election, that was somewhere around Dec 9th and the intel was from the CIA, supposedly.

48 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

FBI first told the DNC they were hacked by Russia in Sept of 2015 but lets say you throw that out because the DNC is on record as saying the contractor didn't believe it was really the FBI telling them they were hacked, they have been investigating since Nov, thats 4 months.

How long between Hillary server allegations and Comey's presser?  And a sitting president is even more sensitive. 

24 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Can you post this story, I can't find it anywhere?

I may have gotten a wire crossed on who sent what info to whom, but this one a big one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/politics/obama-trump-russia-election-hacking.html

American allies, including the British and the Dutch, had provided information describing meetings in European cities between Russian officials — and others close to Russia’s president, Vladimir V. Putin — and associates of President-elect Trump, according to three former American officials who requested anonymity in discussing classified intelligence.

Separately, American intelligence agencies had intercepted communications of Russian officials, some of them within the Kremlin, discussing contacts with Trump associates.

I might have gotten this confused with this:

I can't find the exact tweet I remember, which I think implied new tapes came from abroad, twitter moves too fast to retrieve it reasonably.  But either way, new stuff is coming in, and even when it's not "new" new, new information that corroborates old information is still important.  The Steele Dossier was a bombshell, but it didn't have corroborating sources.  Those are trickling in, which makes the Steele Dossier appear more and more accurate.

And the more things that get corroborated in the Steele dossier, the more people feel compelled to investigate other parts of the dossier, which leads to MORE corroboration and thus more investigation.  It's basically a self-reinforcing cycle.

2 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

A source said this, a source said that, what an F show this has become.  I think it's clear our intelligence agencies hate Trump...

Let's just put it out there... Nothing you argue is based on any guiding principle other than GOP = good, Democrat = bad.

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Let's just put it out there... Nothing you argue is based on any guiding principle other than GOP = good, Democrat = bad.

All you had to do was search my posts and you would have found a thread by Brandymac titled "The political thread that helps us understand each other" and you would have known what my beliefs are, you can't just make stuff up about people without having some data to back it up.

I would have replied earlier but that handsome dog in my avatar tore his ACL on my tile floor so we had to make a trip to the emergency vet.

Please Read, then slap yourself in the head.

45 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

"The political thread that helps us understand each other"

Bah... who wants to understand each other? I guess I'll take a look tomorrow if I get everything else done. I've got a high-maintenance bird and so I promised my fish, who was feeling like it wasn't getting enough of my attention, that I would spend some time with it. So... I'll try but you never know. We'll see I guess.

Sorry about your dog. Hope he's doing ok.

Heck there are some strong enablers in this thread, so imagine you average dumb ass gop'er..... He is doing golden in their eyes by trying to stop dem illegals. He could be funneling money to boost his businesses but no one gives a ****. The president will be an actual billionaire by the time he is done with his ****ty presidency. 

Archived