Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com Giants' LB Keenan Robinson: Believe reports of Redskins dysfunction, because I've lived it

Boss_Hogg

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/09/giants_lb_believe_the_reports_of_redskins_dysfunct.html?platform=hootsuite

When it comes to dysfunction in Washington, he's been there, done that. 

Once they get down, they start pointing fingers. And that's true. That's what happens."

Some harsh words from Robinson in the rest of the article. But unfortunately most of it sounds true. 

The Giants implode during their losing streaks, they become drama city.  OK the Giants are 2-0 and all is right with the world.  And the Redskins are 0-2 so life is miserable.  If the records were reversed it would have been a 180.

I think the most offensive part of his comments was suggesting the Redskins didn't really earn their way into the playoffs.  I was making comments along these lines in the prediction thread but this is par for the course, no team in the NFC East from what I've observed looks more down on the Redskins than the Giants.   Their players talk smack and the media that covers them does the same on their behalf.   I recall reading that D. Hall posted in the locker room last season all the degrading comments from the NY papers and used it as a motivational tool.       

Reason # 23049230423904234 added as to why I hate the giants so, so, much. 

The level of empowerment giants players seem to have to talk down to our franchise (and many others) in their weird Mara-led facade of "professionalism" and "class" regarding themselves is beyond aggravating.  

This isn't the case of the headline exaggerating him or taking him out of context either.  

"Last year, we went to the playoffs, but it was only because Romo didn't play, and because the Giants lost a couple of close games," Robinson said. "We really shouldn't have been a playoff team, but we we were a playoff team because of what happened in our division. We got lucky and won a few games at the end, but we really weren't that good of a team as people thought we were."

**** off, kissing the ass of your current team regarding their season, LAST year. 

The giants are the only team I seriously don't like in the NFL at this point, and it's **** like this.  Antrel Rolle, Antonio Pierce, Eli, Cruz, this guy, and so on.  They have never lost a game against us they shouldn't have won 99/100 times, and ex redskins only ever "see the light" enough to bring it up once they join the giants.  Don't remember anyone going to the Cowboys or Eagles saying **** like this. Or anywhere else for that matter.  

It's low hanging fruit, and sour grapes by Keenan.

I personally am a huge Pierre Garçon fan, he is just passionate about winning, and in a contract year.  He needs Cousins to play better in order to get a bigger deal.  I'd be pissed if I was in his shoes also.

You got 2 Giants players trashing Norman a week ago, now Keenan Robinson joining in including saying they didn't deserve to be a playoff team.   Ironically, the string of wins to take the division coincided with Keenan's benching.   I am sure to him it was a fluke since he played little to no part in the success.

You got Dan Graziano who covered the Giants for ESPN saying last off season that the loss to the Redskins bothered that team the most since they considered the Redskins a team they should beat.

You had the NY papers crowning the Giants before the 2nd matchup last season saying stuff including the Redskins are so bad they play as if they just met each other 5 minutes before the game.

And with some of our fans, the Giants are the white knights of our rivals, that's the team which we don't need to hate.  I don't get that.  For years running its always the Giants who are taking the shots.   Sometimes we get our revenge.  I recall the Antre Rolle comment after losing to the Redskins saying we'd beat them 99 times out of 100.   Then the Redskins beat them again.  

Hopefully, it happens this Sunday again.

Archived