Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

13 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

He hasn’t sacrificed squat....Pat Tillman did, unless he puts on a blue uniform for a year than comes out with an unbiased opionion nothing he says or does has any merit imo.

Um....being blackballed in his profession for bringing AWARENESS to a huge problem plaguing minorities here in the states, is actually sacrifice. 

And as it's been stated before, don't politicize Pat Tillman when that 10000% goes against the wishes of his family. 

Last thing I'll say about Tillman...had you taken a little bit of time to read up on the man and his values, you'd know that his stance was most likely a lot different than yours.  You can stick to using his name, posting his pic, etc. to help whatever narrative you're trying to push, but fact of the matter is, it's completely off base. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Um....being blackballed in his profession for bringing AWARENESS to a huge problem plaguing minorities here in the states, is actually sacrifice. 

And as it's been stated before, don't politicize Pat Tillman when that 10000% goes against the wishes of his family. 

Nobody is politicizing anything its making a point Tillman "Sacrificed everything" and Kaep made A SACRIFICE after garnering a 25 million net worth imo he should be thankful for the league and the fans that made it possible for him to make what he made in such a shorty period but thats not whats at play right now. Im a minority and I like i would hope most people would do is just follow cops orders if you are being arrested and are innocent nothing should happen to you just shut up and hire an attorney. I have no remorse for anyone whose running from police and gets shot at that point it would be at the officers discretion and i cant have an opinion on the matter since ive never been an officer of the law. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

This thread probably isnt even created, let alone hit 123 pages without Kap. He wanted to start a discussion, seems like he accomplished that.

Do you mean to discuss kneeling during the national anthem or to discuss police violence?  Because there's this other thread... 

• Haha 1

50 Years Ago!

When they returned to the United States, Carlos and Smith were suspended from the U.S. track team, and they received death threats.

After their track careers, both Smith and Carlos played in the NFL, but their time on the field was short-lived. Smith played three seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, according to the Track and Field Hall of Fame. Carlos played one year with the Philadelphia Eagles and one year in the Canadian Football League.

Smith, who worked at Santa Monica College as a sociology professor and head cross-country and track and field coach, said in an HBO documentary that they were just trying to bring attention to injustice in the United States. “I don’t like the idea of people looking at it as negative,” Smith said. “There was nothing but a raised fist in the air and a bowed head, acknowledging the American flag — not symbolizing a hatred for it.”

Carlos, who worked as a guidance counselor at Palm Springs High School in California, told the Guardian newspaper: “I had a moral obligation to step up. Morality was a far greater force than the rules and regulations they had.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/09/24/they-didnt-takeaknee-the-black-power-protest-salute-that-shook-the-world-in-1968/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.bd5764d3332e

LPDBCA6NEI22JPRVZQEYT6ONIQ.jpg

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I am also a minority and I think the keeling is fine, cops are pigs, minorities shouldn't have to be afraid of dying when talking to a public servant, and no ones life should be at an officer's discretion. 

So I guess we are tied. 

Curious if you think the bolded is true for all police, most police, some police, a small few police, etc?

it was a great day when it (^olmypics protest^) happened and has been one of my favorite moments...having lived as an active, informed, and engaged teenager in the socially (globally) "turbulent" late 60's does offer me helpful perspective on the course of more recent times

mainly as relates to the best og weed strains

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

mainly as relates to the best og weed strains

I'm listening 

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Curious if you think the bolded is true for all police, most police, some police, a small few police, etc?

I think few are outright murderers, some are good people but most are too afraid to stand up for what is really right and take their place in a system that is corrupt and they know it. And imo it makes them all pigs. I dont mean pig in a "kill black people way". I mean pig in the "not going to change the system they know is wrong way". And I know that's not exactly fair and probably more than a bit hypocritical. But that's how I feel. 

I have many cop friends who call me out on this view point. 2 of which I'm extremely close with. But that doesnt change how I feel. If anything, if it wasnt for them, i would think they were all bad. 

The police as an organization is bad, to me. Though they serve a purpose, I just dont like what I see. 

That's about as fair as I think I can be about it if I'm being honest to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Nobody is politicizing anything its making a point Tillman "Sacrificed everything" and Kaep made A SACRIFICE after garnering a 25 million net worth imo he should be thankful for the league and the fans that made it possible for him to make what he made in such a shorty period but thats not whats at play right now. Im a minority and I like i would hope most people would do is just follow cops orders if you are being arrested and are innocent nothing should happen to you just shut up and hire an attorney. I have no remorse for anyone whose running from police and gets shot at that point it would be at the officers discretion and i cant have an opinion on the matter since ive never been an officer of the law. 

Im glad you don’t have a badge or gun. 

• Like 1

nicely said L2

but let's try to keep an eye on the actual effort to really communicate and the complete honesty deal

we have norms

4 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Im glad you don’t have a badge or gun. 

can't hep mysef

we always need guns, however

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I have no remorse for anyone whose running from police and gets shot at that point it would be at the officers discretion and i cant have an opinion on the matter since ive never been an officer of the law. 

For someone who pretends to love American values so much, you sure don't in reality. A police offer cannot kill you for simply running away if you aren't threatening others. You would be an awful awful police officer that much I am confident of.

Also not everyone can afford to hire a good attorney when they are wronged by authority.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

You think he should be thankful to his employer for paying him to do his job instead of striving to make more money? Pfft, commie...

Edited by Berggy9598

7 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

For someone who pretends to love American values so much, you sure don't in reality. A police offer cannot kill you for simply running away if you aren't threatening others. You would be an awful awful police officer that much I am confident of.

Also not everyone can afford to hire a good attorney when they are wronged by authority.

What does this have to do with “American values” are you saying it’s more American to run from a police officer than to obey one?? And im sorry but in a lot of instances someone running from the police could be a threat to the community whether on foot or in a car and just because you can’t afford a good attorney doesn’t mean you should run 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What does this have to do with “American values” are you saying it’s more American to run from a police officer than to obey one?? And im sorry but in a lot of instances someone running from the police could be a threat to the community whether on foot or in a car and just because you can’t afford a good attorney doesn’t mean you should run 

This country was literally founded on the basis of ensuring there were proper checks on authority every which way. Shooting a guy running away from you in the back is homicide in this country just FYI. State supreme courts have even ruled that running from police does not equal guilt because the system is biased against minorities. Anyway, we're going off topic, let's stick to the flag and anthem situation, but the point is you seem to be okay with trigger happy officers and on the side of people who think the police are always honest straight arrows. Corrupt police DEPARTMENTS, not just single officers have been proven at various times and places in this country over and over.

I'm not "anti-police". I'm pro-reality. There are many GREAT officers out there who build relationships with the community, and there are many who use the job to force their power on people. It is what it is.

Back to the topic at hand though, that's last I'll say on that issue.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Llevron said:

"I'm a minority"

I'm an old white guy, a dad, a homeowner, etc., but these days, since I am not willing to ignore/deny/excuse open atrocities happening in front of my face, not just deny them but cheer for them, chant and rant and scream for more, I guess I am a minority as well.

And I am perfectly fine with that.

40685490_10155671207391892_4043166347121

Edited by LD0506
  • Like 2

I'm one of the minorities that are never counted as minorities We should all want better, demand better, and not close our eyes to outrageous abuses. Likewise, we should not ignore the everyday goods. As LD0506 said, it's pretty hard to honestly look at the world and not see stuff that has gone wrong and needs fixing. There is certainly nothing wrong with protesting injustice, abuse of power, and unjustified murder.

• Like 1

This is a well written letter by the FOP.  Everyone wants to talk about CKs right to protest, not what he is actually protesting, and not his actions.  Thats because that is the safe space for CK defenders.  He has a right to protest, and he has.  Not sure why that continues to be the discussion, though I blame the right as much as the left for that one.  Especially the bozo in the white house.

Nobody wants to talk about the actual protest.  Actually, nobody wants to talk about anything, the sjw mob just wants to call everyone racist who isnt getting in line.

Just keep labeling everyone who disagrees with you as racist, or ignorant, I guess.  Keep minimizing the impact of those words.

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm one of the minorities that are never counted as minorities We should all want better, demand better, and not close our eyes to outrageous abuses. Likewise, we should not ignore the everyday goods. As LD0506 said, it's pretty hard to honestly look at the world and not see stuff that has gone wrong and needs fixing. There is certainly nothing wrong with protesting injustice, abuse of power, and unjustified murder.

(Pssssst, here's the funny thing, EVERYBODY is a minority in one way or another, culturally, economically, each and every one of us is outnumbered somewhere. Always make me laugh to see people trying to play King of the Mountain in discussions)

1 minute ago, LD0506 said:

(Pssssst, here's the funny thing, EVERYBODY is a minority in one way or another, culturally, economically, each and every one of us is outnumbered somewhere. Always make me laugh to see people trying to play King of the Mountain in discussions)

I sometimes take a contrary view. Since pretty much all Americans are mutts... We're all part of the majority. That said, there are minorities and there are minorities. Jews represent 3% of the country's population. That's a minority esp. as the right gets more and more Christian crazy.

Still, it's an invisible and, for the most part, unabused minority.

9 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

@CjSuAvE22

“Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.” 

I'm pretty sure the founding fathers would have found death an usual punishment for avoiding being arrested. (not even convicted).

On 9/4/2018 at 6:35 AM, CjSuAvE22 said:

He hasn’t sacrificed squat....Pat Tillman did, unless he puts on a blue uniform for a year than comes out with an unbiased opionion nothing he says or does has any merit imo.

Galdi was trying to push this same idea yesterday, that for some reason, Kap (or anyone else, for that matter) cant have sacrificed unless they were in the military.  Like there's no in between.