Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

I would rather burn these things in a selfish display to gain a few pieces of social media validation from strangers.

Meanwhile some family could use those shoes and are getting by on the donations people makev to organizations like Purple Heart, which helps veteran's families and more.

But yeah. Burn them, you great big hunk of patriotic meat, you. That'll show 'em.

Oh yeah, why not scream how much you support the troops while you do it.

That'll be awesome.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I disagree.  The more this becomes an "anti kaep" issue, the harder it is to discuss and fix.  

It’s been an anti-Kaep issue for many cause they never wanted to learn what the protests were about. This only makes it worse for people that don’t have interest in understanding the issue. 

For the record, I don't have much respect for Kaep cause he didn’t bother to vote. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

It’s been an anti-Kaep issue for many cause they never wanted to learn what the protests were about. This only makes it worse for people that don’t have interest in understanding the issue. 

For the record, I don't have much respect for Kaep cause he didn’t bother to vote. 

So again I ask how does this action by Nike make it better and not worse?

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So again I ask how does this action by Nike make it better and not worse?

Why is it Nike's responsibility to improve an issue that it didn't start? Nike's only obligation is to stakeholders and this campaign is probably being done after plenty of research validating that it'll be profitable. Now, I would agree that Nike shouldn't do anything that it believes would ignite an issue violently, but I don't think anyone who's being honest or reasonable would suggest that this will incite any type of violence. 

Also - not directed at @Kilmer17 but easier to just add to this post - just because the ad says he sacrificed doesn't mean he's equating it to those who died at war. People sacrifice at various levels each and every day. I haven't been CK's biggest fan at all, but I have absolutely no issue with anything that's come out over the past 24 hours on this. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Why does it have to be either one or the other? It’s an ad campaign. 

Not talking about their intent.  I'm asking if their actions help or hurt?  Nike is certainly allowed to make as much money as they want or can to benefit their shareholders.

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

He hasn’t sacrificed squat....Pat Tillman did, unless he puts on a blue uniform for a year than comes out with an unbiased opionion nothing he says or does has any merit imo.

Pat Tillman? Pat Tillman would have supported Kaepernick and called you a racist. Don’t evoke his name when you knew nothing about the man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

The openly racist POTUS has to go. Nothing starts to gets better until that happens. Next is civil war monuments, the confederate flag. Those should both go too. 

While those issues get taken care of, meaningful prison reform and continued  dialogue between law enforcement and black communities. 

Lastly, this country could use a whole lot of personal reflection on our thoughts and actions. 

You ain't getting any of that except for Trump leaving though. And even that will take at least 2 more years. 

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Pat Tillman? Pat Tillman would have supported Kaepernick and called you a racist. Don’t evoke his name when you knew nothing about the man.

With all due respect too, why does one man heroically risking his life over a decade ago play into this discussion at all? What Pat Tillman did was brave and extremely gallant. But it really has nothing to do with this situation or the current political landscape. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Not talking about their intent.  I'm asking if their actions help or hurt?  Nike is certainly allowed to make as much money as they want or can to benefit their shareholders.

It neither helps nor hurts

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

With all due respect too, why does one man heroically risking his life over a decade ago play into this discussion at all? What Pat Tillman did was brave and extremely gallant. But it really has nothing to do with this situation or the current political landscape. 

I agree

That guy heard it on right wing media and brought it up to shame.

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

You're being purposefully obtuse.  Or maybe you really cant understand how anyone that doesnt agree with your views thinks.

And you can't understand how ugly it is to try and bully black people into an obedient silence about protesting a ****ing fundamental insecurity they have about their safety an ability to receive justice when they interact with our unfair criminal justice system.

• Like 3