Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Makeover Monday - ONLY post any bugs/issues/questions you find here

TK

FYI 

After 8 hours straight on this update/bug hunt/oh we can do THAT now exploration day I just realised I haven't even eaten today, so I'm taking a break for a bit. 

If you find anything that hasn't been mentioned yet, post it here. If you're posting it in the Random Thought thread, it WILL NOT BE SEEN as I'm not checking two different threads anymore.Got enough tabs open as it is. ;)

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I'm starting to like the new system already. Hopefully, some of the old emoticons can be found and returned as well. skins1zq8.gif

One quick request

anyone that has the rest of these smilies giants%20suck_zps4x4zsn3k.gif  will you please post them here so I can get them reinstalled. :) Thanks in advance

Two things:

1. Can we get :cheers: back?

2. Can we get the "like" counter turned on? Theres a spot where you can see total number of received likes on your profile, if it was on. Obviously we all need to be able to compare our like/post ratio 

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Just had an issue on my tablet where I hit the quote button and it wouldn't let me delete the box under after I posted and edited. But then I couldn't delete the post.

Just an FYI.
CTRL-Enter :)

CTRL-Right click on laptop/desktop 

also just noticed with iPad if you hold it up like l you get the mobile display. If you turn sideways like - you get the desktop layout. 

Desktop has the right hand column stuff. On mobile all that stuff is at the very bottom under the forum stuff

18 minutes ago, TK said:

CTRL-Right click on laptop/desktop 

also just noticed with iPad if you hold it up like l you get the mobile display. If you turn sideways like - you get the desktop layout. 

Desktop has the right hand column stuff. On mobile all that stuff is at the very bottom under the forum stuff

Thanks. Hopefully I won't do it again. I'll turn the tablet sideways if it does. Have a android though. 

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Thanks. Hopefully I won't do it again. I'll turn the tablet sideways if it does. Have a android though. 

Well that trick worked on the iPad rotated the iPhone & it stayed with the mobile layout. 

So, this is looking pretty sharp so far.  Awesome job getting back some of the old smilies!  Also, I noticed we can now turn on and turn off viewing signatures.  I'm sure I had nothing to do with that, but I'll take credit anyway. :ols:

Also, the mobile site is about 1000% better.  A++

One question I had:  I noticed the theme option at the bottom of the page. Does this mean that in the future there may just be an "Extremeskins classic" theme? You know, with the black background, white text and links in Redskins gold/burgundy? I'd...really like that.

Im not tech savvy in the least so im sure its something im doing but with the old setup i would automatically be directed to the last place i was in each thread but with this one it always puts me back at the beginning of every thread i go to.

Please tell me this is something I'm doing wrong and not permanent.

9 hours ago, TK said:

Circles - yes

aware & checking on the rest....

Sorry, It doesn't seem to be working on my iPad very well.  

First of all, I get the mobile format, even when holding the iPad's long side horizontally.  That means about 40% of the viewing screen is doing nothing.

Also, the reply function seems to insist on including a comment I wasn't trying to reply to.

i suppose I'll get used to it, but it's disconcerting to see the cursor I'm using to guide my typing slip below my "keyboard" section.  (I have to manually scroll up.)

One plus -- there's a spell check built in now, which should help folks making posts.

Might be stating the obvious here, but I believe the difference between the star and the dot to the left thread is that a star indicates you've posted in that thread, and should take you to your last unread post there. A dot should do the same, but means you haven't posted in the thread. I think you also get live notifications if someone posts in a thread that you have posted in, whether you are in that thread or not. Also, there is an audible bloop sound when you get notifications. I imagine that could attract some attention, say at work, if you have your speakers turned up.

Is the lack of activity today because people are having access problems, because people aren't posting due to the upgrade process still going on, or is there some other reason? 

I'm on Chrome (desktop), so maybe what I noted only is on desktop browsers. I haven't noticed any issues at all, beyond a few lockups. Re-open the page and all looks normal. The blog section looks promising.

Archived