Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Makeover Monday - ONLY post any bugs/issues/questions you find here

TK

Just a couple hiccups I'm still running into:  I can't post in the Election thread.  The screen hangs up & keeps moving upward (toward the last post, and sometimes I can't even read the whole thing).  Even with the "down bar" & arrow on the right side of the screen, it kind of "burps" and won't let me scroll down.

(OK, we have hiccups and burps.  A true Redskins forum...):)

And the  "e-mail" for a notification on threads I follow...I came home to about 30 e-mails last night...any way we can move that to the plain old "notifications"?

30 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And the  "e-mail" for a notification on threads I follow...I came home to about 30 e-mails last night...any way we can move that to the plain old "notifications"?

Click on your name at the top of the board. When the sub-board comes up, click on "Account Settings".

From there, on the right side of the page, you should see a link for "Notification Settings". Click that, and it should take you where you need to go to adjust your settings. :)

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Just a couple hiccups I'm still running into:  I can't post in the Election thread.  The screen hangs up & keeps moving upward (toward the last post, and sometimes I can't even read the whole thing).  Even with the "down bar" & arrow on the right side of the screen, it kind of "burps" and won't let me scroll down.

Background Processes

Rebuilding posts

27.96%

Rebuilding post images

27.98%

These processes are performed in the background in batches and may take a long time to complete. 

On 8/10/2016 at 3:18 PM, Kilmer17 said:

Having issues using the site in any capacity with IE.  It works fine in Chrome and on my phone, but IE is really screwed up.  The overall look is off and I cant type in reply.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Just making sure my issue didnt get lost in the shuffle.  

Do I need to do anything on my end to make the site work with IE?

Can you post a screen shot?  

What version of IE & Windows are you using?

Im using Windows 7 Professional and IE 11.

I cant upload a screen shot on chrome either.  weird.

Invision can't replicate your issue. KDawg was having the either the same or similar issue with his phone. we couldn't get it to replicate either. Seemed something was blocking part of the CSS. He ended up clearing cookies & that seemed to fix it. So you may want to try that & see it that fixes it. His issue looked like this

DCA357C2-8D35-4BDF-A85D-9B66D4934C3D_zps

Im using Windows 7 Professional and IE 11.

I cant upload a screen shot on chrome either.  weird.

Also make sure you're not running in Compatibility Mode. Thinking there's an icon in the address bar if you are that you can click to change it.

9 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

Yo @TK - is there a plan for it to combine posts like before when someone makes posts back to back in a short amount of time?

Yeah, aware of that, but it hasn't made it to the top of the priority list yet. 

2 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

Yo @TK - is there a plan for it to combine posts like before when someone makes posts back to back in a short amount of time?

Done. 5 minute limit between posts unless someone posts in between the two. I think thats the same time limit as before.

On 8/8/2016 at 6:01 PM, TK said:

One quick request

anyone that has the rest of these smilies giants%20suck_zps4x4zsn3k.gif  will you please post them here so I can get them reinstalled. :) Thanks in advance

Here are some... I will see if I can dig some more up. Are we going to get post number back so you can tell someone to go check out post # whatever. Thx!

rofl89.gif

smileys.gif

hug-kiss.gif

kiss-smileys.gif

Just now, zskins said:

Here are some... I will see if I can dig some more up. Are we going to get post number back so you can tell someone to go check out post # whatever. Thx!

rofl89.gif

smileys.gif

hug-kiss.gif

kiss-smileys.gif

Top right of any post there's thingie that kinda looks like < .Click that & you get a direct link to that post.

And smilies are installed :) 

Thank you

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

I saw that. But no more post numbers huh. At least at the top of the thread it shows you how many posts in a thread though. 

Yeah they're becoming a thing of the past. Here's Invision's official answer from their front end developer:

The reason decided to remove this is because the post numbers aren't the same for everyone - if you see unapproved posts as a moderator, or you are a member who has a post awaiting moderation (in IPS4 you can see you own unapproved posts), the numbers won't be the same as someone who doesn't. Or, if a post is deleted, then all posts after it end up with a different number. I'm not sure there's a easy way around that unfortunately.

A better way of referencing posts is to click the little share icon at the top-right of a post and share the permalink to it instead; that way, those who can access it jump right to the post, but nothing happens for those that can't.

Also, by using the share link if a post is ever deleted or a topic is merged the reference is still valid.

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

^I guess that makes sense. 

Tried to reply to your post above and it kept on putting the reply from my previous post instead. Also how do you center your sig image. The option to center is no longer there on the menu bar. 

reply_stuck.jpg

Center is in the editor bar, third group back from the right

To dump a quote on desktop, hover the mouse over it, hit CTRL & right click - one option is to resize a quoted pic like above

When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

5 minutes ago, TK said:

Center is in the editor bar, third group back from the right

To dump a quote on desktop, hover the mouse over it, hit CTRL & right click - one option is to resize a quoted pic like above

When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

The 3rd group from the right doesn't show up on the sig screen which is what I was looking for and couldn't find it. 

sig center.jpgSee below. 

19 minutes ago, zskins said:

The 3rd group from the right doesn't show up on the sig screen which is what I was looking for and couldn't find it. 

See below. 

Ok so it seems on mobile there's not a full editor when go to sigs in your settings. However it is there if you're on desktop so I went in & centered it for you as I'm taking it that's what you wanted - end result wise? :)

19 minutes ago, TK said:

Ok so it seems on mobile there's not a full editor when go to sigs in your settings. However it is there if you're on desktop so I went in & centered it for you as I'm taking it that's what you wanted - end result wise? :)

Except I was on my desktop using Chrome. 

Thanks for centering it though... but it really didn't. :cheers:

Archived