Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Makeover Monday - ONLY post any bugs/issues/questions you find here

TK

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Last few days, whenever I enter a thread that has "posted tweets" it seems like the screen rolls down like a "Space Invaders" game.  It won't stop and it makes it difficult to post or read.

I'm having the same problem. You get to the bottom, and it will start scrolling back up on it's own.

It seems like the threads with a lot of embedded tweets and video clips get all screwy with a desktop. :) 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:40 AM, pjfootballer said:

Last few days, whenever I enter a thread that has "posted tweets" it seems like the screen rolls down like a "Space Invaders" game.  It won't stop and it makes it difficult to post or read.

I'm having this problem as well.  A "Loading" message appears at the bottom, but the page never stops scrolling. 

29 minutes ago, Go_deep_Moss said:

I pm'd a administrator and they haven't even replyed. is that normal ?

All i wanted to kno if i could change my user name . do anyone kno ?

Sorry, I don't live on here 24/7. Though I do try to respond within 24 hours give or take the prioritized nature of individual issues. It's been 16 hours since you sent your PM. Name changes will always be at the bottom of the list simply because they have zero to do with enjoyment or functionality of the site. That said, when requesting a user name change, it greatly helps to speed things up if you include what you want the user name changed to. 

40 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'm having this problem as well.  A "Loading" message appears at the bottom, but the page never stops scrolling. 

Addressed a page back

Can we possibly get something done about the "feature" where, if I get quoted by more than one person in a thread, then it takes the notification that I've been quoted, and "combines: it with a previous notification of a quote? 

I wind up with a single notification, telling me that "Tom, Dick, and Harry quoted you in <thread>".  (And, if I click on it, it takes me to Tom's post.) 

Even though Tom quoted me 14 hours ago, Dick quoted a different post of mine, 7 hours ago, and Harry quoted a third post, five minutes ago. 

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Can we possibly get something done about the "feature" where, if I get quoted by more than one person in a thread, then it takes the notification that I've been quoted, and "combines: it with a previous notification of a quote? 

I wind up with a single notification, telling me that "Tom, Dick, and Harry quoted you in <thread>".  (And, if I click on it, it takes me to Tom's post.) 

Even though Tom quoted me 14 hours ago, Dick quoted a different post of mine, 7 hours ago, and Harry quoted a third post, five minutes ago. 

Unfortunately at this time there is no option to do this, but it is a change Invision is considering implementing in a future version.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, TK said:

Addressed a page back

Any chance until it gets fixed we can change the rules on quoting Tweets and stuff?  I feel like that would help a good bit.  Threads like the Election Thread are almost unbearable after more than a few posts to the page.  Just a thought.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Any chance until it gets fixed we can change the rules on quoting Tweets and stuff?  I feel like that would help a good bit.  Threads like the Election Thread are almost unbearable after more than a few posts to the page.  Just a thought.  Thanks.

Well instead of quoting it, you can try linking back to it, like this:

Though you may need to simply remove the formatting & display it as a link instead 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

But that won't change the way the page loads when other people are posting and quoting tweets correct?

Removing the formatting instead should eliminate the issue. 

On 10/18/2016 at 10:08 PM, zskins said:

I am not able to update my sig. Getting following error:  Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for http://redskinsplayers.info/images/joshnorman.jpg please try another image

Any ideas? I am stumped? Also I hate these so low image sizes as well as it makes the resolution of the pictures less and more grainy. I like the old system better with just size limit only. 

I'm currently having this problem as well.  Any way around it?  The new image i am trying to include is well within the limits.  And actually even if I DON'T change my signature at all, (keep it the same but hit save)  I still get the same message

2 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

I'm currently having this problem as well.  Any way around it?  The new image i am trying to include is well within the limits.  And actually even if I DON'T change my signature at all, (keep it the same but hit save)  I still get the same message

PM me the url you're wanting to use

Archived