Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Makeover Monday - ONLY post any bugs/issues/questions you find here

TK

2 hours ago, StuckinIA said:

Is it still an option to click on a thread and be taken to the last post you read?

On mine there is a black circle next to the thread title that takes you to last unread post.  Hope that helps.

Yeah. Sorry. I may be causing problems messing around with the gallery. I'll be leaving everything alone now and not creating any issues. I'm trying to delete those, but have no idea how to. Maybe I exposed an issue, besides myself, of course. Sincere apologies TK.

58 minutes ago, visionary said:

I keep seeing red notification circles pop up over the chat tab.

Not sure what that means.  

That's how many people are in the chat room

These have been added

:1386:   \:815:   :229:  :247:

2 hours ago, lupin_iv said:

So, this is looking pretty sharp so far.  Awesome job getting back some of the old smilies!  Also, I noticed we can now turn on and turn off viewing signatures.  I'm sure I had nothing to do with that, but I'll take credit anyway. :ols:

Also, the mobile site is about 1000% better.  A++

One question I had:  I noticed the theme option at the bottom of the page. Does this mean that in the future there may just be an "Extremeskins classic" theme? You know, with the black background, white text and links in Redskins gold/burgundy? I'd...really like that.

Sorry

Seems to be an issue with the quote feature on mobile. Like if you mean to quote someone, but change your mind. You can't quote anyone else, and if you leave the thread and return, and try to type in the chatbox, the rescinded quote is in there instead of a blank space. Noticed it several times in the tailgate when I got home.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Seems to be an issue with the quote feature on mobile. Like if you mean to quote someone, but change your mind. You can't quote anyone else, and if you leave the thread and return, and try to type in the chatbox, the rescinded quote is in there instead of a blank space. Noticed it several times in the tailgate when I got home.

For now, quick fix is to simply hit the back button on your keyboard to delete the quote sitting there before backing out of that page.

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

Yeah. Sorry. I may be causing problems messing around with the gallery. I'll be leaving everything alone now and not creating any issues. I'm trying to delete those, but have no idea how to. Maybe I exposed an issue, besides myself, of course. Sincere apologies TK.

yeah there's issues with the Gallery right now. Kept trying to upload Spiff's pics from Camp today& am having issues

Is it supposed to be that only about a third of the screen contains actual post content in it?  Seems like a huge waste of screen real estate.

Also, is there a way to go revert to manually typing in BBcodes in your post?  I much prefer being able to just type that stuff out instead of having to use the mouse to click on the formatting/smiley/link/etc.

11 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Is it supposed to be that only about a third of the screen contains actual post content in it?  Seems like a huge waste of screen real estate.

Also, is there a way to go revert to manually typing in BBcodes in your post?  I much prefer being able to just type that stuff out instead of having to use the mouse to click on the formatting/smiley/link/etc.

:ols:

Just type the code as I did above

6 minutes ago, TK said:

:ols:

Just type the code as I did above

so just to test, I can italicize to my heart's content?

What about breaking up a quote?  I tend to split a long quote up into chunks manually, but when I click the quote button, it puts a big ol picture of the quote in my reply box.

1 hour ago, TK said:

yeah there's issues with the Gallery right now. Kept trying to upload Spiff's pics from Camp today& am having issues

If it helps...using Chrome on a laptop, I hit the 'Create' menu>Gallery Image> then dragged and dropped a local file. Breezed through a step or two. Browser froze. Reloaded Chrome, repeated and completed the whole process more thoroughly, including a better name/description and comment. Then Wallah!, two of the same picture appeared on the Gallery node on the main forum page. One with, one without a name/description. 

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

If it helps...using Chrome on a laptop, I hit the 'Create' menu>Gallery Image> then dragged and dropped a local file. Breezed through a step or two. Browser froze. Reloaded Chrome, repeated and completed the whole process more thoroughly, including a better name/description and comment. Then Wallah!, two of the same picture appeared on the Gallery node on the main forum page. One with, one without a name/description. 

Ok I was able to delete one of those for you :cheers:

11 hours ago, lupin_iv said:

So, this is looking pretty sharp so far.  Awesome job getting back some of the old smilies!  Also, I noticed we can now turn on and turn off viewing signatures.  I'm sure I had nothing to do with that, but I'll take credit anyway. :ols:

Well, you could always turn the signatures on and off. That's not a new feature.

I never keep them on. Some folks do make inventive ones, but they clutter up the thread when you just want to read.

For what its worth, I just got a new Galaxy s7 (i know i know mr. big shot over here)

and I'm NOT able to see the icons to the left of the screen that take me to the last unread post.  On the desktop version it works fine but on the mobile site there is nothing there.

I saw someone mention Galaxy issues not sure if this was one you guys were already aware or if this is just me having "extra special" luck

Mobile_Screenshot.jpg 

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Since this didn't get answered before I'll echo it, and is there supposed to be a huge blank grey bar taking up the whole right third of the screen? I haven't found any options to size this format to make it palatable on my monitor.

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Since this didn't get answered before I'll echo it, and is there supposed to be a huge blank grey bar taking up the whole right third of the screen? I haven't found any options to size this format to make it palatable on my monitor.

Scroll up. You'll notice a box on the right that contains the Rules. That's why there's the space open on the right side of the posts. other content can be added there as well. Keep in mind that there are things still being worked on & it will take awhile. I started working on this for everyone about 10am yesterday morning & didn't call it a day until sometime after 5am this morning. So, don't feel ignored, instead understand that the one man show here is simply that effin busy. :)  Now, continue to go back to ****in about hating change & maybe go add in so Orwell/1984 refernces as well. :ols:

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

This is something new, as it wasn't this way yesterday.

Yesterday, the posts covered the whole screen of my monitor. Now, they just cover the left two-thirds, and there is this big gray area to the right. I've gone to the preview screen to adjust it, but the "desktop" option is gone.

Hopefully, this is something they are just working on, and it will return.

TK, it isn't "old man yells at cloud" ****in about change, and I honestly don't expect you to address every question that comes up. Others mentioned the same thing, I figured the herd might have suggestions/answers to reconfigure this.

We appreciate your work on behalf of us here (I know I do) but this is VERY different in multiple ways and places and is going to take some adjustment to get setup in a way similar to how I use it, that's all. We expect growing pains, this ain't our first ro-day-o, but IMO a lot of the work will be in perceptions and familarity with a new system. Me? I kinda need a trail of breadcrumbs to get there, and yes, I will be ****in about it 'til I get there. I'm an OWG, it's my place in the world now.

Archived