Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins checklist thread

Tsailand

How about this:

Is the team a **** show on and off the field with me as the QB?

[] yes

[] no

If no you can stay around.

End thread

I don't wake up every Sunday scared to check Twitter to see what new leaked info is currently distracting the team. I don't feel embarrassed to root for this team anymore.

So he's already won with me lol.

I think what I need to do is keep track of all the ES members who believe I'm being condescending when I type "lol" and from this point on respond to them with nothing but condescending posts--completely devoid of any "lol"--so they'll be able to tell the difference between when I'm actually being condescending and when I'm just laughing due to being in a good mood or just because it's' what I tend to do in real life. Should be fun.

As for dynamic offense, it would be an offense that can score a lot of points with a certain regularity and an offense that can score quickly. Not an offense that "has" scored a lot of points before or "has" scored quickly before lol...but one that does. If anyhone says "Well, when Jackson is healthy you'll see a dynamic offense", all that tells me is that it's Jackson who makes the offense dynamic, not Cousins.

As for carrying the team, I'm not talking about doing it once. The original check list in the OP is filled with "one-time" items...damn near every QB in the league can do something at least once lol...I'm also not talking about just when one aspect of the team isn't performing up to snuff--like the running game--but when nothing is going right. That's when a team needs playmakers to get out of the funk it's currently in, and we really don't have any. Cousins is not a QB who has proven time and again that he can get you the win even under the worst circumstances. Doesn't mean he won't ever, or that he can't become that qB, but he hasn't done it nearly enough yet.

As for making players better, we've all seen QBs who have made lemon aid out of lemons..we usually ended up signing those lemons, actually lol...investing in fools gold because their last QB made them look better than they really are. Guys who look great, at least stat-wise, but vanish when playing for another QB or another team. I'll give Cousins the credit for the OLine looking good in pass pro, or at least looking better than they probably are. I won't give him ctredit for Reed, as Reed was looking like this in his rookie season in 2013.

And like I said, him not reaching these goals yet doesn't mean I don't see him as a realistic starter. But those are things I want/hope to see from him eventually and don't believe we've seen yet.

Now I gotta go attend to a ridiculously beautiful young lady who is in need of my services...I've made her wait far too long as it is.

And yes, I meant that to sound dirty lol...

I don't think I have ever seen a QB disrespected like him in spite of what he is accomplishing.  You still got national media guys saying he's just a back up.  A Buffalo reporter on 980 said on air this week, he thinks the Redskins should move on and look for someone better.

You got on Monday Night football, people talking up Eli having a career year as for completion rate and at that time he was at 62%, and many keep saying how Eli by a mile is the best QB in the division while Kirk in his first year as a starter has a 69% completion rate.  And no its not because Kirk is just throwing short passes -- he's ranked in the middle of the league in YPA.

He's been the player of the week in the NFC twice.  Lead 4 big time comebacks.   Over 300 yards 5 times.  He leads the league in completion %.   He has had an over 100 QB rating for many weeks in a row.  He's done this against many of the better defenses in the league, without his playmakers for part of the year, with a young offensive line, and almost no running game.  

And with all of that, he's still a punchline to some media types and even some of our own fans.  It's one of the craziest things I've witnessed as a fan of this team.

lol right?... for real...been like that ALL year...its like they aren't even watching the games..just going off of last years notes...surprised they dont still think we are running the read option...13 games in a row with a td too...

__ Defeat Isis

__ Reverse climate change

__ Defeat the Black Widow in hot dog eating contest

__ Build a working light saber

__ Walk on water

__ Turn water into wine

Here's my own list:

☐ Make the players around him better

☐ Carry the team to a victory when nothing else is working

Even though he's only checked off 4 of the 8 things I have on my list I do take him seriously as a starter right now.

I think he is making those around him better (e.g..OLine) and, besides Kirk, what else has been working for our O?

and as far as being sensitive..

“Sensitive people either love deeply or they regret deeply. There really is no middle ground because they live in passionate extremes.” 

― Shannon L. Alder

Here comes the LOL conversation again. Let me summarize where this is going, he doesn't mean it in an offensive way even though he always says it right after correcting or disagreeing with someone. And even though numerous people have told him how insulting it is and how it comes off as "what you're saying is so stupid that it makes me laugh" he's going to keep doing it in every post because it's everybody else's problem.

I think the misunderstanding is that he really doesn't mean it to be taken disrespectful... I truly believe it's almost a chuckle to himself..kind of a mirthful Gandalf-ish amusement... not a sardonic Truman Capote-ish snicker...

I think the misunderstanding is that he really doesn't mean it to be taken disrespectful... I truly believe it's almost a chuckle to himself..kind of a mirthful Gandalf-ish amusement... not a sardonic Truman Capote-ish snicker...

Probably.

Cali, I have no reason not to believe you when you say you don't mean any ill. Please just understand that any time you put "LOL" after you disagree with someone, it's going to be taken the way that it keeps getting taken.

Probably.

Cali, I have no reason not to believe you when you say you don't mean any ill. Please just understand that any time you put "LOL" after you disagree with someone, it's going to be taken the way that it keeps getting taken.

i would vote for LOL to be banned from anyone who is over 16 and not of the female variety

I could have dealt with just the LOL :)  but when he adds I haven't been following football for long, it comes off as a shot.  Maybe he didn't mean it that way.  It's cool to disagree but when he marries the LOL and I haven't been following football for long -- it comes off to me like he thinks my point is ridiculous.  And I can see disagreeing with my point but suggesting its ridiculous -- that IMO puts the burden of proof on him where its not just I am wrong but that I am so wildly off that he can question how much football I watch -- and apparently that must also apply to all the people that liked my post.    

I get along generally fine with Califan and he has some good posts.  But if he thinks I am that wildly off, its cool, to each their own, but I'd like a bunch of examples versus just saying I must not watch much football.  :)  I am not even saying he's wrong, I am open to the flurry of apples to apples examples to my point about Cousins. 

Nah, I don't believe for a minute any shot was taken at you. Hell, both of you guys know a lot about the ins & outs of this team, and both of you know everyone is on edge and nervous a little at whats going on with this season, the tightness of the division sans dallas.

you know the old saying; opinions are like assholes. Everyone has their view and opinion of this team, and I'd bet that 99% of them are correct to a degree. Califan and you both have given me a different insight on aspects of the game, so no one is right or wrong, just a different opinion.

The 'LOL' to me is childish in a way, but hey , its only my opinion AND I'm guilty of using it as well, so that makes me a hypocrite. I'm fine with that as  long as I get my point across.

Nah, I don't believe for a minute any shot was taken at you. Hell, both of you guys know a lot about the ins & outs of this team, and both of you know everyone is on edge and nervous a little at whats going on with this season, the tightness of the division sans dallas.

That's cool.   As to the specific post he responded to, he didn't really give a counter opinion/points to mine -- his opinion was centered on how off base my opinion is -- unless his counter argument is subtle and I am missing it somewhere.  But overall, I agree with your point, things can get testy as game day approaches.  It's nothing personal.   All in fun to debate football.   :)    Cheers! 

Let's forget about on the field for a second...

It is SO DAMN NICE. Like SOOOOO NICE to watch a football season and only have discussions on wins and losses; not whether or not the QB and coach like each other, not if the the offensive line group likes the QB less than the wide receivers, not if the locker room supports our QB, not if there was a veiled jab at the coach during a press conference ... none of that, just wins and losses. Aka like a competent, professional organization.

Updated lol...

☑ Show consistency in terms of good performances

☑ Show that he can make Gruden's offense dynamic

☑ Overcome turnovers and lead team to wins

☑ Display good leadership

☐ Lead the offense to two 20+ games while not throwing any INTs

☑ Show real improvement in areas that needed improvement

Updated lol...

☑ Show consistency in terms of good performances

☑ Show that he can make Gruden's offense dynamic

☑ Overcome turnovers and lead team to wins

☑ Display good leadership

☐ Lead the offense to two 20+ games while not throwing any INTs

☑ Show real improvement in areas that needed improvement

The run game hasn't worked all year just FYI. He has definitely won when nothing else offensively was working.

The run game hasn't worked all year just FYI. He has definitely won when nothing else offensively was working.

And special teams coughed one up.  So yeah, I would agree that Kirk carried us today.

You guys have wildly different definitions of "nothing else is working" than I do lol...

Stick: I didn't say nothing else "offensively".

Bradboy: I don't define " nothing else is working" as one of the units had one mistake.

You guys have wildly different definitions of "nothing else is working" than I do lol...

Bradboy: I don't define " nothing else is working" as one of the units had one mistake.

So what else worked then? Outside of Morris's 50 yard carry, the running game was stale again. Defense gave up 452 yards & 25 points.  Kirk carried us today. 

He threw for 4 TDs today and ran for one. That's a game good enough to win if the defense craps the bed today. So he's capable of performances that would pick up the rest of the team.

Archived