Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins checklist thread

Tsailand

So what else worked then? Outside of Morris's 50 yard carry, the running game was stale again. Defense gave up 452 yards & 25 points.  Kirk carried us today. 

Did Cousins keep the Bills scoreless in the first half? Because if nothing else was working the Bills would have had more than zero points at halftime.

If one mistake by special teams means special teams "wasn't working" today, then even Cousins wasn't working today, regardless of stats and the win. Not to mention the defense bailed out the special teams gaffe, not Cousins.

Remember how special teams played against the Chiefs in 2013? THAT is "nothing working". This was a total team win. I don't know how anyone can see it otherwise.

I get that. The D played ok overall. But still gave up a lot of big plays and was getting gashed quite often. Not just in the 4th quarter.

What? lol...The Bills had 83 net yards in the first half. They didn't start "gashing" the Skins defense until the Redskins were up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter.

Did Cousins keep the Bills scoreless in the first half? Because if nothing else was working the Bills would have had more than zero points at halftime.

If one mistake by special teams means special teams "wasn't working" today, then even Cousins wasn't working today, regardless of stats and the win. Not to mention the defense bailed out the special teams gaffe, not Cousins.

Remember how special teams played against the Chiefs in 2013? THAT is "nothing working". This was a total team win. I don't know how anyone can see it otherwise.

If that's your definition of "nothing else working" then Cousins will never attain it.  The fact of the matter is, when the defense starting falling apart in the second half, Cousins continued driving us down the field for points to keep the game out of reach. 

Ah **** it.....I should know better than to argue with you.

I get that. The D played ok overall. But still gave up a lot of big plays and was getting gashed quite often. Not just in the 4th quarter.

You obviously haven't seen them shut the Bills in the First, including an impressive Goal Line stop for 0. Besides two huge plays, their O was non existent. Our D made the job until we were up by 25. Then they went to rest, just like the SB.

Stop complaining.

To be honest, to have the category 'Carry the team when nothing else is working' is a flawed unreachable goal for ANY player period in any game ever on any team ever.

There can always be an argument for a lineman helping a RB or QB, unless the defense fails to stop any drive at all the games would end up in the 80's for each team. Fact is, Cousins has done a lot more than any other QB on this team in quite awhile.

If you don't like him, that's fine, but to put up a flawed goal then defend it is doing nothing but looking for an argument. It just doesn't make sense.

You obviously haven't seen them shut the Bills in the First, including an impressive Goal Line stop for 0. Besides two huge plays, their O was non existent. Our D made the job until we were up by 25. Then they went to rest, just like the SB.

Stop complaining.

Read my posts again brother.  I'm not complaining. I'm making a case that Kirk carried us today. 

Try again.

If that's your definition of "nothing else working" then Cousins will never attain it.  The fact of the matter is, when the defense starting falling apart in the second half, Cousins continued driving us down the field for points to keep the game out of reach. 

Ah **** it.....I should know better than to argue with you.

Remember the Bucs game? That's "nothing is working". Remember the Pats game? That's nothing else is working". One he put the team on his back and got a win. The other he did not.

There is no way Cousins had to overcome failures across the team today.

Remember the Bucs game? That's "nothing is working". Remember the Pats game? That's nothing else is working". One he put the team on his back and got a win. The other he did not.

Then check your box and lets call it a day. :)

To be honest, to have the category 'Carry the team when nothing else is working' is a flawed unreachable goal for ANY player period in any game ever on any team ever.

Nope. He already did it against the Bucs.

The problem, though, is that too many on this thread are trying to define ANY mistake as proof that "nothing is working"...which means that their definition of something "working" is zero mistakes. That'll never happen, either. I think I'm a LOT more realistic in my definition of "nothing working".

Yes I remember his receivers dropping over 150 yards of offense on the day. You can't make players catch balls, I don't care if you're Montana. Flawed argument.

Yawn. 4 TDs and a rush TD. I've seen better. 6 300 yard games? That's just because Gruden changes the plays when he's out there. Oh and garbage time. And game manager

When he throws 6 TDs and 400 yards in a game for 16 consecutive games I will be convinced. Now excuse me while I go pleasure myself to 2012 read option highlights.

Yawn. 4 TDs and a rush TD. I've seen better. 6 300 yard games? That's just because Gruden changes the plays when he's out there. Oh and garbage time. And game manager

When he throws 6 TDs and 400 yards in a game for 16 consecutive games I will be convinced. Now excuse me while I go pleasure myself to 2012 read option highlights.

I'm getting you an intern named Tony to get you some coffee so you're not so grumpy. ;)

What? lol...The Bills had 83 net yards in the first half. They didn't start "gashing" the Skins defense until the Redskins were up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah but good D's should keep it that way into the 4th

Archived