Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins checklist thread

Tsailand

I want him to do what the 2005, 2007, and 2012 Redskins couldn't do. I want to see him beat the Seattle Seahawks in the playoffs. One thing that he has going for him that those teams didn't was that the starting QB for his team isn't injured. That is my short-term goal for him. My long-term goal for him is to become a Super Bowl MVP, but I believe he has time to get that done.

Seahawks are on fire and if Tyrods ability to scamper scared you a little bit yesterday, get ready for Wilson. He won't miss the throws Tyrod did.

No matter what happens we can't let a potential showdown with Seattle have any bearing on anything. If we were to beat them, it would be an entire team effort.

Exactly.  QB's get too much blame and too much credit.  However, we can clearly say that QB is not an area of concern anymore.  Anyone who continues to say that there are still boxes to be checked before we make a reasonable, multi-year commitment to Kirk Cousins is someone who C-L-E-A-R-L-Y does not watch QB play for other teams.  There are some God Awful QB's out there and Colleges are not doing the NFL any favors. 

Kirk improves his completion % yesterday. If it ended today, it would be 7th best all time for a single season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_single_season.htm

Again, that's only because Gruden changes the plays for him. Also, just waiting for bad Kirk to show up. Remember the Jets!!!!

Now, let's all hope he sucks ass against Philly and Dallas so I can say I told you so.

Or, maybe I will just pull my passive aggressive routine. Pretend like I'm happy and qualify all praise with "but" while insisting vehemently that I'm really not just a grown ass man with a creepy schoolgirl crush.

Kirk improves his completion % yesterday. If it ended today, it would be 7th best all time for a single season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_single_season.htm

Wow.

It's hard for it to improve much more, given how close we are to the end of the season, but.... IF he can complete about 72.1% of his passes over the last two games, he will leapfrog a certain cowboys QB.

This is a misleading stat. He struggles with accuracy

Don't mean squat. All his passes don't go any farther than 10 yards... :mellow:

Let's just rename the site to "Extreme Sarcasm" now and be done with it.  It is getting too hard to tell who is being serious in these Kirk threads.

Let's just rename the site to "Extreme Sarcasm" now and be done with it.  It is getting too hard to tell who is being serious in these Kirk threads.

We always are serious. It's fine for Brady to throw 10- yards ball, while Kirk should throw 50+ yarders to DJax all day long.

Yawn. 4 TDs and a rush TD. I've seen better. 6 300 yard games? That's just because Gruden changes the plays when he's out there. Oh and garbage time. And game manager

When he throws 6 TDs and 400 yards in a game for 16 consecutive games I will be convinced. Now excuse me while I go pleasure myself to 2012 read option highlights.

This may be the ES post of the year. I cannot give you an award for it (sadly), but at the least your post deserves recognition.

Exactly.  QB's get too much blame and too much credit.  However, we can clearly say that QB is not an area of concern anymore.  Anyone who continues to say that there are still boxes to be checked before we make a reasonable, multi-year commitment to Kirk Cousins is someone who C-L-E-A-R-L-Y does not watch QB play for other teams.  There are some God Awful QB's out there and Colleges are not doing the NFL any favors. 

Just for the record; I agree with you, and I am already sold on Kirk being our franchise QB here, now, and forever more. I just want him (no pun intended) to be that white night that finally slay that damn dragon that has terrorized us and the best teams we have had this past decade. Still a little bitter about how 2005 ended. If Mark Brunell Isn't cheap shotted by the Giants, I felt we had a legitimate shot to win the Super Bowl that season. Seattle already lost to a healthy Mark Brunell earlier that season, so that franchises' playoff defeat by us is a requirement in my book and a long time coming.

Don't mean squat. All his passes don't go any farther than 10 yards... :mellow:

I don't believe there's an actual stat on how far a QB throws the ball vs YAC, but if that were a barometer then joe Montana could be classified a game manager. Many of his TDs were 5-8 yd slants by Rice; he didn't sling it downfield a lot like Rodgers or Stafford.

Its all irrelevant, as long as he keeps doing what he's been doing, we'll be ok.

I don't believe there's an actual stat on how far a QB throws the ball vs YAC, but if that were a barometer then joe Montana could be classified a game manager. Many of his TDs were 5-8 yd slants by Rice; he didn't sling it downfield a lot like Rodgers or Stafford.

Its all irrelevant, as long as he keeps doing what he's been doing, we'll be ok.

I believe if you've actually watched the games that he has thrown the ball consistently way past 10 yds and is increasing his shots down the field by double.  That has to do with DJ being back in the flow and the mismatches it creates for the other WR/TE.  YAC is not a negative statistic in todays game.  Getting 5-10+ YAC means a number of positive things and nothing negative. 

Complaining about INT's and then complaints about dink n dunk taking what's given to you doesn't make sense.  If the point is that KC doesn't have a strong arm, that's absolutely BS.  It's obvious that with a productive run game and an the right matchups, we'll be seeing a lot more deep routes and shots. 

The Phily game is a mixed match of options.  They have banged up CBs and our WR's w/J.Reed are playing at a high level.  Anyone that says KC and the mix of WR/TE he has to distribute to are average or weak is simply garbage.  The fact is that KC is playing better than Bradford and has more weapons in their offensive game plan.  On the reverse side of the ball, Redskins have a strong pass rush and playmakers with good hands in the secondary.  They need to watch out for DHall getting comfortable. He's being underestimated.  DHall can have a breakout game against Bradford and take one to the house as good as anyone. 

Skins are not playing WCO and work off of play action. KC is doing exactly what TBrady does and not what Carson Palmer does.  It's working pretty good at this point. 

☑ Show consistency in terms of good performances

☑ Show that he can make Gruden's offense dynamic

☑ Overcome turnovers and lead team to wins

☑ Make the players around him better

☑ Display good leadership

☑ Carry the team to a victory when nothing else is working

☑ Lead the offense to two 20+ games while not throwing any INTs

☑ Show real improvement in areas that needed improvement

**** it, I'm checking them all off lol...

Archived