Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the ref?

Burgold

Just stop it.

Are you complaining about the phantom holding call that helped our winning drive? How about the non-PI call on us that ended Philly's last drive and gave us the ball so we could win it? 

The way this board gets filled every week with "the refs screwed us" posts is just ridiculous.

When the refs stop reffing us we will stop.

There's a reason why they are uniformed in prison stripes, Rufus. Think about it.

Well, that's when you know they're not making terrible calls, but that something malicious is going on. :paranoid:

I can also accept the logic of PCS' version of :paranoid:

Hah. I don't buy the conspiracy stuff.

I just think that crew is awful.

I can recall plenty of times over the years where I've considered a penalty a gift for us. It happens. It's just when you suck those shaky penalties come at the worst time and kill any chance you had at winning. So it seems worse.

Blaming the refs is a losers tactic. It just is. But we won, and I can still say those refs were terrible.

By the way, did they incorrectly take a timeout from us? Inside two minutes I get an injury costs a time out, but I thought it was only if the clock was running?

edit: ok, no i'm wrong. you're charged a timeout either way.

I heard during the charges game that through the first 3 weeks there has been the most accepted penalties in league history. It's just bull****. It's everywhere league wide. The issue is when your team is mediocre at best most years penalties can and will lose games for you because your team needs everything to go right to squeek out wins.

I thought it was pretty bad.  Nothing is worse than seeing refs dictate the game.  That is a huge reason I hate the NBA.

I almost turned it off after the Robinson PF.  I did turn it off after the Reed fumble and wished I hadn't.

I don't necessarily believe its against the Redskins all the time as much as the league is trying to place too many rules for its success.  Personally I think politics is going to ruin the game for me before the refs do.

Reed's knee was not down. 

But yeah there were some real questionable ones. Are these refs getting too old and needs new pair of eyes? Something needs to be done. 

I don't think there's a conspiracy, really... but I do think there's something psychological with the way refs handle our games. 

It's like they go into it thinking "the Redskins suck, if they're doing something right it must be because we're not catching them on penalties, so we have to make sure we see everything they do. We don't want to look bad."

I know that might sound crazy, but I swear it's there. I mean, they see EVERYTHING we do. EVERYTHING. Even if it's just barely there, or not really a penalty but kind of looks like one, their flag flies so fast you'd think they should be QBs themselves.

The other team, on the other hand, has to do something completely obvious and egregious to get called. Otherwise, they get the benefit of the doubt.

There's no way this doesn't exist in my mind.  

Ever since the Hall and the ref incident couple of years ago we have been penalized more. That is the only thing that makes sense to me and thus my conspiracy. 

My friends an Eagle's fan. Texted me that Gruden shoulda taken a delay of game before punt in 2nd half that was touch back. I replied 'Refs wouldn't have called it'. 

They were terrible and definitely had more favorable calls to Philly.

Look, it's not just against us. But anyone who thinks that the 'Skins didn't get boned HARD with 15 yarders didn't see the replays.

I'm not saying Philly didn't get bad calls against them, too, because they did. But the two against Robinson were atrocious. 

Reed's knee wasn't down, that was a fumble, too. But the timing of the Robinson penalties was about to drive me nuts.

My friends an Eagle's fan. Texted me that Gruden shoulda taken a delay of game before punt in 2nd half that was touch back. I replied 'Refs wouldn't have called it'. 

They were terrible and definitely had more favorable calls to Philly.

I know it's not the point, but I'm never OK with taking a penalty there. If you do, you lose a chance to get a break and have your drive extended by the other team committing a penalty on the punt (offsides, running into the kicker, etc.). 

When Garcon was DIVING???

My word.

He was in the air making the catch. He was hit in the head while still in the act of making the catch. The rule states that a receiver has to be allowed to establish himself as a runner and that blows tothe head and neck are illegal. So yeah.

The officiating was awful and it was on both sides.  Not sure who if anyone if favored.  And not only were alot of the penalties called bad but there were plenty that were missed also.  I thought twenty or whatever it was in this game was bad but then I read on line that there were 28 penalties called in the Jets/Packers game.  That is just ridiculous.  Who in the heck wants to watch a football game where the refs are going to call 28 penalties.  You knew it was going to be the case in the Redskins game when the flags started flying on the first play for some bull**** reiiever didnt line up correctly call or whatever that stupid rule is.  

The refs owe Trenton Robinson an apology. They called to PFs on him that were simply BS.

I just hope the kid doesn't get fined. A person like himself not making allot of cash will effect him allot. This in turn, might make him hesitate and could actually do more injury them preventive measures.

I hate the refs and they DO cost teams games. They've affected the outcomes of too many games directly. When people say, "Well, it wouldn't have cost them the game if they'd taken advantage of blah blah blah" well they WERE taking advantage of their opportunity when it was blown by a ref.

Honestly. I may start keeping statistics as to how many games are decided by the refs and how. The game was not evenly called and that goes across the league at this point.

I just finished watching the Cowboys vs Saints and the refs gave the Cowboys several calls on their way to their final TD to tie up the game. It was ridiculous how uneven it was. The Cowboy's receiver catches the ball as he's falling to the ground and the ball clearly moves when he hits the ground. I think Peyton called a TO afterwards because it looked like the refs hadn't even checked the replay (like they're supposed to after every score). The Cowboys lined up for the FG about 10 seconds after the score.

Refs ruin games.

The league needs a complete overhaul of its officiating. Hire some young blood, or something. How can these 70 year old geriatrics keep up with the speed of the game?

That and loosen up on what gets called. There is just too much ticky tack non sense being called that had no impact on a particular play at all. It just slows the pace of the game. We don't come out to watch Ed Hoculi flex his guns.

The NFL likes the vagueness in the rules, because then you can steer games in the direction you want.  I dont buy the excuse of the referee's are just terrible, any sport where you cant criticize the refs must have a grave concern about their competency.  Heck, look at what Tim Donaghy was able to do in the NBA for so long.

He was in the air making the catch. He was hit in the head while still in the act of making the catch. The rule states that a receiver has to be allowed to establish himself as a runner and that blows tothe head and neck are illegal. So yeah.

If you think there was supposed to be a penalty for a hit while the receiver was diving towards him, then you should really stop talking about this now.

If you think there was supposed to be a penalty for a hit while the receiver was diving towards him, then you should really stop talking about this now.

I gotta agree with Section106. Looked like a shot to the head.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQf6sNhWEAAAd6Q.mp4

Trenton Robinson was flagged for much less earlier in the game.

Earlier in the game, the Redskins were flagged for a fifteen yard penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver (ironically, it was the one on Trenton Robinson where not only was the receiver not struck into the head, but the safety never even initiated contact, but was run into.) Are you saying that Garcon was able to defend himself or that wasn't a blow to the head?

Really, there is nothing wrong with pointing out inconsistencies or bad reffing. 

Archived