Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Schefter and PFT: Skins planning to cut Cobra Kai

Dissident2

Don't think his kicking accuracy has ever been the issue, just the fact he can't consistently put the ball in the endzone from kick offs. That puts us at a disadvantage compared to pretty much every other team in the league. I understand the move tbh. Had an awful training camp accuracy wise also supposedly. 

The snap on that miss also looked poor to me. I thought at the time that had to be a factor in the miss. 

What a bizarre decision. The inability to kick out of the end zone is the only thing I can think of that would make him cut-worthy at this point, especially considering the stench of our ST coverage unit. 

I don't really get the move, but I am not going to lose sleep over who the FG kicker is on a 4-6 win team. If this new guy is younger with more upside, sure why not.

However, there is a much bigger issue. 

Another leak. Another ****ing leak. Can we for once get news via a press conference or press release like a professional organization???? Why does everything get leaked.

Reporters have texted Kai and have all said he has responded in surprise. He has not heard anything and has no idea what is going on. Come on, can we do this **** professionally for once?

I don't really get the move, but I am not going to lose sleep over who the FG kicker is on a 4-6 win team. If this new guy is younger with more upside, sure why not.

However, there is a much bigger issue.

Another leak. Another ****ing leak. Can we for once get news via a press conference or press release like a professional organization???? Why does everything get leaked.

Reporters have texted Kai and have all said he has responded in surprise. He has not heard anything and has no idea what is going on. Come on, can we do this **** professionally for once?

Maybe Scotty was in need of some more under the desk loving and slipped?

Can Hopkins kick it out of the endzone on kickoffs?  I truly hate cutting a guy whos been one of our best for a while now, but when they moved the kickoff up it was almost a job requirement to be able to make most of the kick off returns non returnable.... just not the case with Kai.  Good luck Kai, thanks for the good memories!

So this might not happen?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7362/kai-forbath

Redskins released K Kai Forbath.
The leash could not have been much shorter for Forbath, who is released after missing a 46-yard kick Week 1 against the Dolphins. Forbath made 87 percent of his kicks for the Redskins over the last four seasons including an 88.9 percent mark last year. He will find a new home soon. Sep 14 - 11:48 AM

September 14th, 2015 at 11:14am CST by Zach Links

Washington plans to release kicker Kai Forbath and sign former Saints and Bills kicker Dustin Hopkins, a source tells Adam Schefter of ESPN.com (on Twitter).

Forbath missed a 46-yard field goal against the Dolphins on Sunday and while that’s hardly considered to be a chip shot, one has to imagine that played a role in his release today. Heading into the season, Forbath owned a solid 88% completion percentage on field goals for his career. The 28-year-old inked a new deal to remain with Washington this offseason, but as we all know, kickers typically don’t have the best job security.

Hopkins inked a three-year futures deal with the Saints back in January and while the deal could have kept him there through 2017, his stay ended on September 5th when the team made their cuts to get down to a 53-man roster.

Two news places reporting it. I hope it's wrong. Its moves like this that you can point to why the Redskins can't have nice things

The rule changes in recent years is making the balancing test on a kicker difficult. The kickoff rule basically creates a huge disadvantage for any team whose kicker can't find the endzone.

I used to know the formula, but every extra yard of starting field position averages out to a certain percentage of points for the other. So, it's likely that kicker (like Kai) who doesn't get touchbacks costs as many points as he makes up by being an accurate kicker.

Archived