Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Schefter and PFT: Skins planning to cut Cobra Kai

Dissident2

This team has issues that are well documented and one of those issues is not being able to fundamentally kick balls out of the end zone.  Being able to perform this basic requirement takes tremendous pressure off of our suspect return team. 

Other teams are probably better covering kicks so they can take a flyer on Kai but we can't afford to let him handle KO duties due to his deficiencies in that area.

OT...now being reported that Culliver being suspended one game!  Make it stop!

HTTR!

26th in the league in FG% made in the last 2+ seasons, sucks bad at kickoffs at a time where an average kickers gets you a touchback like 80% of the time. The real crime was cutting Hocker, a drafted kicker, last year in favor of Kai.

Your FG% made stat is wrong, Kai would be 3rd best active at 87% if he had 100 attemps.  He does suck at KOs. 

When is the last time the team announced a roster move without leaking it to the press first? 

How many players in the last several years have heard they are cut or traded via the press instead of our GM? This is the type of stuff I was hoping would end with Scott. Just feels the same...

Who says it's a leak on the team?

Maybe Forbath's agent (or someone close to him) informed Schefter.

Or maybe Forbath is the "leaker", and that's why he is getting cut. ;)

Cut Kobra Kai for one miss kick but won't cut Kirk for 2 picks.

Forbath wasn't cut for missing a FG. The FG made no difference. The Redskins just would've lost 17-13 instead.

Forbath was cut, evidently, because the lack of leg strength. The kickoff coverage teams are, to put it diplomatically, a "work in progress".

Until that changes, the Redskins need someone who is going to put it out of the endzone regularly.

The Redskins have to face the Rams next. The Rams with Tayvon Austin. One of the more dangerous kick returners.

One of the ways you neutralize someone like Austin is to keep kicking the ball out of the endzone for touchbacks. That way, he has no chance to hurt you.

A kicker with a strong leg can carry out that assignment. Forbath wasn't it, apparently.

Im sorry, perhaps Im mistaken but I thought I saw us stop both kickoff returns pretty well...

They did, but the Dolphins don't have a great ST unit, from what has been said about them.

The Rams do. The Redskins evidently feel this is something that needs to be done.

I'm fine with this as long as whoever they replace him with is good. Seems simple enough right?

Color me disappointed. We have sooo many sucky players all over the team, so to fix it, we cut the most accurate kicker in team history. #logic

Oh, yeah. And along with Kai, we also cut Houston Bates for Frank Kearse. That was a fast. GG, Washington, GG. Dustin better be a quality player.

I was surprised Hocker didn't beat him last year, and that he hasn't gotten more love around the league.

But if Kai was good enough to not have any real competition thru training camp, then I don't get why he's gone today.

He was 4/4 yesterday with the Saints. We cut him for Kai who just got cut, brilliant.

We should never of let the guy who's name escapes me go who we had when Kai was injured. Dude with the power leg. Keep him exclusively for kick offs. 

If we can carry 3 QB's we don't need we could carry 2 kickers. 

Hail. 

John Potter. Was 3/4 and otherwise seemed pretty solid. Definitely we could have just cut Bates like we did today and not bothered resigning Frank Kearse since he's apparently not valued very highly.

Please tell me you didn't by a ****ing kicker's jersey. Please.

Until today, he was the one good player who we could expect to not be dumped on the turn of a dime.

Your FG% made stat is wrong, Kai would be 3rd best active at 87% if he had 100 attemps.  He does suck at KOs. 

This 87% FGs stat is BS.  He has only attempted 4 kicks over 50 yards, and is 50% on them.  He has only ever made 2 FG's at 50 yards, and they were both exactly 50 yards.  He is 0% over 50 yards.

So in 3 years only 4 attempts at or over 50???   87% is meaningless!!! 

Coaches know better, so he doesn't get a shot.  This is a bigger problem than KO's to me, and KO's are a huge problem.

Archived