Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES has found a few good new mods

zoony

I want to be the keeper of the ban hammer.

I will care for it, clean the blood off it, polish it, oil its sheath, make sure the burgundy handle is maintained sturdy and strong as well as ensure the gold head shines and is free of dents...like a squire to the knight.

:)

I want to be the keeper of the ban hammer.

I will care for it, clean the blood off it, polish it, oil its sheath, make sure the burgundy handle is maintained sturdy and strong as well as ensure the gold head shines and is free of dents...like a squire to the knight.

:)

Is this whole thing a euphemism?

Wait, wait... We don't actually get to hammer, dismember, or use an actual axe on anyone? It was all allegorical?

I revoke my desire.

I mean, RedBeast is offering to polish TK's "banhammer". No one else can compete with that.

The trick is that ES is looking for new moderators, but everyone who suggests himself will be eliminated from the pool. If you're name is on their list of favorites and you didn't post, you're golden.

Having said that, I now submit myself for the moderator job that's always taken by the people who immediately go inactive and are never seen again.

Booyeah, dodged another bullet! :P

Personally, while I'm impressed with the quick and high-grade turnout (seriously), I'm kinda holding out for Robert Royal.

I mean, you spelled my name wrong, but I'd join the hat ring toss.  I also have experience at being IT because I've been terrible at tag my whole life.  That is what you mean, right?

I agree that DC, KDawg, dg, Conn, and thesubmittedone would be great choices.  Anyone but Jumbo.

Also, really like taking an inventory of how many members really do care about this board and contribute a hell of a lot.  It's nice to look back on that and see that through thick and thin (a LOT of thin), we still have fans who provide a tremendous contribution to our team just by being fans.

Hats off to you guys, which is easy mostly because they've all been put in some sort of ring.

I thought about throwing my hat in the ring, but on second thought, nah.  At one time, I might have been interested, but now I've got two small kids, have moved up the ranks in my career to the point where I don't have much free browsing time at work, and my enjoyment here has waned a bit in general over the past year.

Also, I've become more introspective over the past few years, and I wouldn't be good at it.  I'm not bi-polar in real life, but I've realized I'm very bi-polar on this board, alternating between long, informative posts, and then just being annoyed by and/or being a jerk to others if regular life isn't going too well, or I'm just not in the mood for the rampant, insufferable stupidity that occasionally permeates this place.

That being said, there's a whole list of people who I would definitely not support being chosen for various reasons, but there's certainly a few good eggs that I think would do a good job.  God help whoever is picked.

Does the job come with low pay, bad hours and no prestige?

All that and more--you also get to be called "a true piece of crap" and much worse, plus, if you join now, we'll throw in the "E-mail the mod for your complete mental meltdown after your PM and in-thread flame-outs" feature.

Can you apply for modifed moderator status?  After re-reading my earlier post, I don't think I'd be terrible at the job so long as I didn't have the power to ban anyone.  I just don't have the temperament for it.  I'd be willing to help out with other functions, limited time permitting, but I wouldn't want that function.  I'd be afraid I'd turn into an asshole.

Assuming that isn't an option, I think KDawg should be an easy first ballot.

DC9, conn, DG and monk4thahall would all be good choices, in my opinion :)

Thanks KDawg, means a lot. I think you'd make an excellent choice, personally. But (and this is a bit selfish) honestly I'm not sure it would be the best usage of your ES-time (assuming it's limited and you're a busy man), considering the football knowledge you have. That's not to say that our current mods don't contribute greatly to the football talk here, just that it would suck to take away from your football posting at all, period. Simply put, you raise the level of football intelligence here every day and no limit should be put on that.

I'm not bi-polar in real life, but I've realized I'm very bi-polar on this board, alternating between long, informative posts, and then just being annoyed by and/or being a jerk to others if regular life isn't going too well, or I'm just not in the mood for the rampant, insufferable stupidity that occasionally permeates this place.

You've perfectly described the current moderators.  You're hired.

Archived