Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

To Gortiz:

1. You didn't make clear what part of TD Riggo's post you were talking about when you claimed "the exact same thing could have been said...". 

lots here ... probably PM you just so we don't bog down the thread, good stuff though Z. 

He means we seek a big TE, I think.  

I think we do need a big TE with some Basketball experience.

OK, i was figuring that, anybody specific he's referencing? 

He means we seek a big TE, I think.  

I think we do need a big TE with some Basketball experience.

Last name must begin with "G" too.

Graham

Gates

Gronk

OR first name must begin with "J"

Jimmy

Julius

Jason

So basically, a big ex-basketball player whose initials are J.G., and we're pretty much guaranteed an all-pro for a decade.

John Keim @john_keim 34m34 minutes ago

Brian Baker out as Redskins assistant: Outside linebackers coach Brian Baker won't return to the Was... http://es.pn/1Gx5ytJ  #Redskins

NFL Network @nflnetwork 35m35 minutes ago

NFL Replay: 2014 Pro Bowl. Team Rice vs. Team Sanders: http://at.nfl.com/LQDDMuy 

B759a4vIYAAFoXg.jpg

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 48m48 minutes ago

Say this for Barry: He's a social guy. Always talking to someone here. After our interview got a big hug from one of his old Tampa players

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 51m51 minutes ago

Berry didn't speak on specific players, saying it would be tough to do without film study. Kerrigan is a player he's excited to work with.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 54m54 minutes ago

Joe Barry did say he learned a lot from his struggles in Detroit. Never doubted he would get another chance to be a coordinator again.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 56m56 minutes ago

Caught up w/ new #Redskins defensive coordinator Joe Barry here in Mobile. No word on other defensive assistant changes. Up to Gruden to say

T @TMM75 4m4 minutes ago

I'm keeping an eye on Chad Grimm as the defensive coaching staff shapes up

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 4m4 minutes ago

@TMM75 Great click bait headline possibilities there!

The crazy thing (to me) about the Barry hire is that NO ONE can say one good thing about him coaching-wise....only positive things you hear is about his energy and enthusiasm...which is great, but damn...SOOOOOOO many red flags. 

Whatever...2-14 next year...clean house and start from scratch. 

The exact same thing could have been said about Fangio when we hired Haz. 

Fangio was a terrible DC before winning the talent lottery with the Niners.  

Terrible. 

As a DC, didn't say LB coach. 

That's why in that post you quoted, I said:

Not because "we lost" Fangino, because I don't think his resume is all that hot, although he's been successful with talent the last 3-4 years.

Whatever...2-14 next year...

You think we'll be that good?

So, let me get this straight:

1) We went from Haslett to a guy whose last DC performance was an NFL record 0-16 (and 2-14?).

2) We're getting rid of Baker whose unit was one of the only high spots on the defense last year and KEEPING Raheem whose units have consistently been the worst unit on our defense for the last few years.

Yep. TOTALLY makes sense!

Day Ummm.. We're so screwed!

So, let me get this straight:

1) We went from Haslett to a guy whose last DC performance was an NFL record 0-16 (and 2-14?).

2) We're getting rid of Baker whose unit was one of the only high spots on the defense last year and KEEPING Raheem whose units have consistently been the worst unit on our defense for the last few years.

Yep. TOTALLY makes sense!

Day Ummm.. We're so screwed!

He is a friend of morris, gruden, and allen. Cant fire your buddies......

I've a read a few of these from people who have been posting regularly in these threads and my question is how can they possibly have missed all the "insider" (and others) talk in this thread and others that raheem not only stays but is actually likely to be promoted (to asst DC and still DB coach) if barry's the hire?

i actually wondered earlier if it's just a trolling set-up (def not accusing you vriel--just illustrating the degree of my "wtf"?) for jay haters to then "go wild" when it's announced (if it happens).

I read the insider, however with Raheem going to interview elsewhere I assumed the team was going to let the new DC pick his staff. We don't even know if anyone on the defensive side is staying. I guess I was also wrong in assuming Raheem was only interviewing to fill the Rooney Rule. 

Regarding trolling? no I don't spend my life on the message boards 24/7. When there is important, or exciting news I come here because .....it gets posted rather fast here. I'm not a fan of some other team coming into a Redskins board trying to stir crap. To me thats trolling. I think if you look at how long I've been a member and my post count you will see I've been a member for a while and don't have a ton of posts so I'm not the trolling type. I also usually do not comment but just read other ideas and thought process. I don't see how that should be a problem. 

I will apologize for my talking about the QB situation in this thread as it was not the proper thread. I noticed the faint warning about banning people who can't stay on topic so I did my best to stop talking about the QB position for which I am passionate about.  

So we seemingly have two actual good positional coaches on Defense....Olivadotti and Baker.

And we get rid of one. Nice.

I feel the same way about Baker, really liked him.

HOWEVER... after thinking about it.  Kerrigan has been pretty good out there, getting better year after year.  What was Rak on pace for this season?  1 sack or something like that?

I believe that Kerrigan is a coachable player and I've had my suspicions about Rak since we got him, though, so we'll see.

I definitely wanted Baker to stay though.  As you mentioned, he and Coach O could've filled in at DC and I wouldn't have blinked.

Heard Fangio wanted to bring Donatell to Redskins, but they wanted to keep Raheem Morris... hence Chicago.

Just saw this. Why is Raheem Morris some kind of god-like figure in this organization? Why? I don't really care anymore about not getting Fangio, but this is just STUPID if true.

S M H. I really hope that's just rumor cause god forbid that be the case and the fans find out about it. 

That's the ESPN Bears reporter's tweet, so he's not some random insider.  Chris Russell on air right now suggesting its accurate.   But you never know.   I don't see how it can be proved or disproved.  

Archived