Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is Snyder going to fill the stands next year?

endzone_dave

Mr. Genius Marketer will undoubtedly go with splashy coaching and FA moves, just like he always does. It's what he knows.

It only has to work long enough to get people to buy/renew season tickets and sponsorships in the offseason. Once Snyder has the money in hand, the rest is inconsequential.

Yet the sell out streak and waiting list will remain intact. They'll send out propaganda to remind us.

Oddly enough, I have not heard them mention the so called consecutive sell out "streak" in several years.  That seemed to a staple of pregame, but I can't remember the last time I heard them say it.

BTW, as I have said before, the streak was broken in 1987.  The NFL Film "War Path"  (Redskins 1987 highlights) even said so.

...can't imagine a video being released today with War Path in the title.

I split my 4 tickets with 2 other guys - I am 50/50 on next year, but if either of them wants out, I won't renew all 4.

Pump in the noise.  Done.

....bring on the giant tarps like they do in Jacksonville and/or remove more seats (...and start with the obstructed view seats this time......)

Oddly enough, I have not heard them mention the so called consecutive sell out "streak" in several years.  

Look no further than November 17th, 2014

Somehow the Redskins found 25 positive stats and info to put in the game notes their PR staff compiles for media after every game. The last bullet tells me all I need to know about this organization — “the Redskins extended their NFL-best sellout streak to 390 games, including postseason play.”

- See more at: http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player-team-news-features/washington-redskins-dont-care-about-winning-football-games/#sthash.formzcPI.dpuf

Oddly enough, I have not heard them mention the so called consecutive sell out "streak" in several years.  That seemed to a staple of pregame, but I can't remember the last time I heard them say it.

BTW, as I have said before, the streak was broken in 1987.  The NFL Film "War Path"  (Redskins 1987 highlights) even said so.

I tend to agree about the streak being broken during the strike of 1987. I attended the St. Louis Cards game, and there were many no shows in RFK that day. Something I hadn't seen before, and would never see again. I've always wondered how they gauged a sell out back then, considering single game tickets weren't advertised for public purchase.

We have been terrible for the most part of 2 decades and the Redskins are still the 9th most valuable franchise in the world. If people haven't stopped giving money yet I don't see it happening now. Sure a couple folks will turn their tickets in but new people will come and take those seats.

Have to agree.  Hard to believe that there are actually some years when the Skins don't make major splashes and yet fans still show up.

That said, back-to-back 3-13 seasons might really take a hit on the patience of the fanbase.  It would be interesting to know the team has fared in replacing STHs, particularly in the timeframe since the last of the UL seats were yanked.

I was thinking about the whole "free club level upgrade" thing they are doing in the upper deck and it might actually have the opposite effect of getting UL fans to stay in their seats (presuming they are STHs). As in, they'll sit in the club, then call the business card for the price, and think "Wow, people have to pay $250 per game down here......my UL seat at $75 is a bargain."

Partially accurate. We don't have them because we can't afford them due to Haynesworth's front-loaded contract (and a little of D.Hall).

Those types of splashes are major contributors to why we're not winning.

Their contracts aren't on our books any more though. We could have went big this offseason and gone after Byrd or Revis, but we stuck to some small signings. This upcoming offseason will be interesting to see if we stick with that. Honestly I wouldn't mind a high priced o lineman.

A halftime escape stunt where Snyder climbs into a box at midfield that EXPLODES!

Only, someone double locks the latch on his escape tunnel... Yeah, I said it. That would fill the stands.  :ph34r:

Picture the Flint Tropics marketing machine. Either the escape stunt or free corndogs.

Weeks 1 to ?, where ? is the week where we truly show ourselves to be poor (if we are indeed poor) will have filled stands because people are hopeful, year to year.

This year week ? was the week of the Bucs game, week 11, game 10, when we went from 3-6 (with grandiose plans of a 2012-like run) to 3-7.

If Haslett gets fired, we hire a big name GM after moving Allen to Pres., maybe swap out QB coaches, maybe even toss McVeigh for someone more well known, get some OL in the offseason, etc., I can imagine people will feel pretty good about the team, especially if there's some positive press about RGIII getting tossed in there.

But if the year goes south, the stands will empty.

Generally, I think the point the stands empty is when we're eliminated from playoff contention.  We take that 7th loss while having only a couple wins, and people bail, which is understandable.

He is going to continue to take seats out of the stadium like he has the last couple of years.  So its sort of a fill the seats by subtraction. Because this franchise has pretty much failed at everything they attempted in the last 20 years whether it was build through free agency or build through the draft, or draft a franchise quarterback, I think it might be at the point the they will have to earn back the respect of the fans on the field.  They have no credibility that anything they do is going to change anything unless they prove it on the field.  And i think alot of fans are at the point of saying Im pretty much done until you prove it on the field.  The off the field splashes, just not going to do it anymore.  

People bought into Vinny+Zorn, Shamahan+Allen, then bought into Allen+Gruden, I don't see why alot of the lemmings don't buy in when they sign Suh or Revis + a couple random contract year OLmen and whoever the best safety is then draft the best player at a position that we don't really need:

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

He will have my seats to fill next year.  I'm done being a season ticket holder.  I'll go when I want, with tix from the secondary market.  I just finally came to the realization the problem is Snyder.  Until he is gone we will suck barring a unexpected and infrequent lucky playoff spot.

Bob thank you for finally realizing this!  You will save a lot of money

Oh wow, you're right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GKVhxX2qB_Y#t=785

I always assumed they called those games sellouts because the tickets were bought up well before the season started (as part of season tickets)

I think next season will be a blood-letting for the team's season ticket list.  When hard-core ultra-solid fans happily give up what they could only have dreamed of acquiring ten years ago (that would be having good seats as season tickets in the lower level), it's a sign of armageddon.

I think Snyder has a big, big problem. 

Archived