Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is Snyder going to fill the stands next year?

endzone_dave

I think next season will be a blood-letting for the team's season ticket list.  When hard-core ultra-solid fans happily give up what they could only have dreamed of acquiring ten years ago (that would be having good seats as season tickets in the lower level), it's a sign of armageddon.

I think Snyder has a big, big problem. 

Just that idea in general should be a wake up call to pretty much anyone else running a team. You have folks that spend their whole life wishing that one day they could afford to call themselves a STH. Then you add the "Wait list" on top of that which makes even people who can actually afford it just have the aspiration of being able to call themselves a STH. And your franchise is now at the point where, 15 years into your tenure, those folks want out. People who would've given anything just to be able to be granted access to your teams stadium on a weekly basis, now are so fed up with what you've done with the franchise, that they want no part of something that once meant so much to them. How is that not at least some kind of motivation to change?

I think next season will be a blood-letting for the team's season ticket list.  When hard-core ultra-solid fans happily give up what they could only have dreamed of acquiring ten years ago (that would be having good seats as season tickets in the lower level), it's a sign of armageddon.

I think Snyder has a big, big problem. 

I agree:  I think he has a big, big problem.

Imagine what would happen if he raised the prices!  It will be insulting enough if he keeps the ticket prices as they are.  For all the loyalty we've demonstrated over the years, he owes us a discount, and since we know that won't happen, I expect, as you said, a "blood-letting."

I'm sure that most prices have already been tripled and quadrupled since he bought the team. Not much more he an do when the team is 3-13 every year but he didn't miss his opportunity after 10-6 in 2012. Imagine if the Patriots increased their prices by 25% every time they had a winning season.

I'm sure that most prices have already been tripled and quadrupled since he bought the team. Not much more he an do when the team is 3-13 every year but he didn't miss his opportunity after 10-6 in 2012. Imagine if the Patriots increased their prices by 25% every time they had a winning season.

Think the lowers were $60 when he bought the team........now they are mostly $130.

Uppers have probably been about doubled.

Club seats have likely doubled, although tough to say with all the supposed deals offered.

Parking......ugh!  Was $10 when he bought it, then he pretty much immediately raised it to $25, and its at $40 right now.

That said, even though the losing makes the increases harder to take, I'm sure a lot of prices around the league have been raised substantially in the past 15 years. Remember it always being pretty cheap ($10) to park at Philly, and this year it was $35.

People will buy into whatever offseason 'magic' this team offers this year.  I suspect it will be a shiny new defensive coordinator and some high priced free agent flops. Market all that with a promise of RG3 returning to form and the lemmings will gobble it up hook, line and sinker. 

Free tickets....? I was just offered some for this Saturday's game against the Eagles for fairly cheap...7th-8th row? I'm passing on them..............

From someone that has only attended two games... that's painful to read....

I hope he fills them by being smart - putting a serious organizational structure in place, addressing the lines, hiring a QB coach and new DC, being "frugal" in FA, etc. I'm not holding my breath though.

People will buy into whatever offseason 'magic' this team offers this year.  I suspect it will be a shiny new defensive coordinator and some high priced free agent flops. Market all that with a promise of RG3 returning to form and the lemmings will gobble it up hook, line and sinker. 

I disagree.  This season feels different.  While in recent years we've seen the odd low demand game where tickets dipped below face value, when can you ever remember people routinely unable to GIVE tickets away?  Or NFC East games going for pennies on the dollar?  All this in a stadium that already had its capacity reduced by about 15% over the peak capacity years.  From what I've seen with my own eyes, from discussions with friends who are long-time fans, and from reading comments on various forums, I think the core demand for Redskins tickets has evaporated.

While I'm certain the next time the team is good people will flock back band-wagon style, what on earth would make one believe they're going to be good next year, or the year after, or the year after that?  The RGIII trade set the franchise back five years at least, and even casual fans know that everything about the franchise is now FUBAR'd, from the owner on down.  Overlay that with the name controversy (driving away another 10-20% of the fan base), the enough-is-enough attitude towards Snyder, the high cost of going to games, the continued traffic issues in Raljon, and the fact that you can buy a 55 inch 1080p smart TV for the cost of taking a family of four to a single game, and I struggle to envision what it will take to go back to anything that resembles a waiting list for tickets.  I think Snyder has well and truly slaughtered the golden goose.

I think Snyder has well and truly slaughtered the golden goose.

I have actually been thinking about this.  IMHO, I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet as far as fans supporting the team, purchasing merchandise and going to games.  But, we are closer to that point than at any time during his ownership.

I think there are a lot of people that really don't pay attention and understand how bad an owner Dan is.  They just cheer and hope for a better future, not really paying close enough attention to the fact that the owner needs to go.  An owner that is the common denominator to all the failure and future failure of this team.

perfect, all we need is a win vs the Cowpokes next week and Snyder will have pulled the wool over everyones eyes one more year, the same crap, nothing changed, same crap coaches, crap drafting, useless team. He must be laughing his head off while counting the dollars wondering how he is managing to pull this crap off for 2 decades.

I'm going to make a bold prediction here and tell you that I will most likely be one of those lemmings.  

Can't wait!

HOF44 & I sit in the same section. We have great seats. Mine are even under cover, with easy ingress/egress to & from our tailgate.

My wife & I know that if we give them up, there's no way we we'll get seats that good, ever again. We refuse to be victims, again, of the "they'll turn it around next year" syndrome.

**** it. We're gone. We'll still go to games, but on our terms, not Snyder's.

Felt like there were far more Eagles fans in our lower level section than Skins fans.  There was a massive brawl in Sect 107 in the 4th quarter and a lone officer showed up after 5 minutes of pure mayhem.  Saw another fistfight in the parking lot on the way out with no security or police in sight.  Actually felt relieved when I had my 7 year old back safely in the car. 

Felt like there were far more Eagles fans in our lower level section than Skins fans.  There was a massive brawl in Sect 107 in the 4th quarter and a lone officer showed up after 5 minutes of pure mayhem.  Saw another fistfight in the parking lot on the way out with no security or police in sight.  Actually felt relieved when I had my 7 year old back safely in the car. 

I also sit in the LL, yes, many Eagles fans, shame really that our fans would allow it. Saw one small skirmish and police officers arrived within seconds. Saw no fights in the parking lots this game nor all season.

Yeah, we sit LL too and it was draped with green minus our usual group. Thankfully our section was good as far as fights go. But the parking lot was pretty volatile. It's usually somewhat tense after divisional games. Always very tense after the games against Philly especially for the first 15 or 20 minutes. We stick around and tailgate afterwards now a days just because there's no sense burning gas going absolutely nowhere for hours. But in the two hours we stuck around we saw about four fights. Thing is though, the riff raff has more to do with the record of the team. You tend to lose a lot of the folks who care more about the game than getting loaded and starting some **** when the team plays as bad as it has the past couple years.

perfect, all we need is a win vs the Cowpokes next week and Snyder will have pulled the wool over everyones eyes one more year, the same crap, nothing changed, same crap coaches, crap drafting, useless team. He must be laughing his head off while counting the dollars wondering how he is managing to pull this crap off for 2 decades.

Let. Hope more fans catch on and realize things wont get better for a long time.

Archived