Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Is it a stretch saying Dennis Hopper is to Waterworld what Alan Rickman was to Price of Thieves?  But not quite as effective?  I haven't seen Waterworld in a long time, but Dennis had some quality one liners that were good for a laugh and was an overall memorable bad guy in a bleh action flick.  Rickman dropped laugh-out-loud bombs left and right in PoT

51 minutes ago, Chew said:

Rickman dropped laugh-out-loud bombs left and right in PoT

Rickman kills in that movie.

I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon!

(later is asked) why a spoon cousin, why not an axe?

Because it's dull you twit it'll hurt moar!

--Regarding Hopper in waterworld...he's never been my guy. I remember really liking that movie when i was little because it had bewbs in and an ass in it, jet skis and explosions. Watched it as an adult..ugh. Not nearly as entertaining. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Rickman kills in that movie.

I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon!

(later is asked) why a spoon cousin, why not an axe?

Because it's dull you twit it'll hurt moar!

--Regarding Hopper in waterworld...he's never been my guy. I remember really liking that movie when i was little because it had bewbs in and an ass in it, jet skis and explosions. Watched it as an adult..ugh. Not nearly as entertaining. 

Or when he's trying to bang Maid Marian: "I can't concentrate with all that noise!". 

Rickman should have really been remembered for this movie, and not stupid Die Hard. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Rickman should have really been remembered for this movie, and not stupid Die Hard. 

Let's not get carried away. :P

Rickman is a boss.  I remember hating the first Potter movie but marveling at how effortlessly Rickman could steal a scene/movie.  I miss that guy.

• Sad 1

Antman and The Wasp. Grade B. One of the funniest Marvel movies I've see. Lots of laugh out loud moments. But ultimately, just not enough damn

Wasp! That's pretty much why I went to see the movie, but ultimately she doesn't get enough of an opportunity to strut her stuff. 

• Like 1

Rented A Quiet Place from Redbox last night but the one weeknight in the past year I rented a movie my toddler son decided he didn't want to go to sleep so we had to cut it off like 30 minutes in.  I plan to finish it tonight but so far I like what I've seen.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

I was out on the Jurassic movies after the 2nd one.  So I really wasnt all that interested in the first Jurassic World.  Really wasnt interested in this one either, but I liked it more than the last one.  But I dont need to ever see it again. 

The novelty of seeing realistic dinosaurs went out 25 years ago.  So every movie now is they just find a new person who wants to use the dinosaurs for their greedy, profit making ends.  The dinos escape, mayhem ensues. 

Then there's the T-Rex trope.  Gotta have the roaring T-Rex proving he's in charge.

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

I was out on the Jurassic movies after the 2nd one.  So I really wasnt all that interested in the first Jurassic World.  Really wasnt interested in this one either, but I liked it more than the last one.  But I dont need to ever see it again. 

The novelty of seeing realistic dinosaurs went out 25 years ago.  So every movie now is they just find a new person who wants to use the dinosaurs for their greedy, profit making ends.  The dinos escape, mayhem ensues. 

Then there's the T-Rex trope.  Gotta have the roaring T-Rex proving he's in charge.

Haha they tried to kill that trope with Jurassic Park 3 and it didn't go over well.  (Didn't help that the movie was awful)

A Quiet Place - 8/10 - I really liked the atmosphere in this movie a lot. It was very well done and the acting was great. There was like 1 or 2 stupid things in it that I was like "really?" and didn't expect from a more serious movie like this one and I may have thought higher of it without those parts, but overall it was great. The soundtrack is incredible in this movie, even though so much of it is pretty quiet. I also like how they don't spoonfeed you everything about what is going on and why things are the way they are.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 7:09 AM, purbeast said:

A Quiet Place - 8/10 - I really liked the atmosphere in this movie a lot. It was very well done and the acting was great. There was like 1 or 2 stupid things in it that I was like "really?" and didn't expect from a more serious movie like this one and I may have thought higher of it without those parts, but overall it was great. The soundtrack is incredible in this movie, even though so much of it is pretty quiet. I also like how they don't spoonfeed you everything about what is going on and why things are the way they are.

I enjoyed this movie as well, I just wish they made the monsters not so weird looking. If that makes sense at all. 

• Like 1

Saw Mission Impossible: Fallout today. I really enjoy this franchise (minus the 2nd one) and Fallout didn’t disappoint.  Probably the best action franchise around.  The action sequences always feel fresh and put you right in the car, motorcycle, helicopter, whatever it is.  Cruise apparently got his helicopter license right before they started filming just so he could fly the copter in the one scene.  The guy is nuts, but I appreciate that he puts his body on the line for these movies.  

The story is pretty solid.  This one is different in that the story pulls from some of the past films where the others are more stand alone.  First time they’ve brought a villain back.  Lots of twists, some you see coming, some not.  Overall I give it an A.  

I saw Fallout on Friday.  Most of the action and stunts were great, but some of it was way over the top.... of course this is from the franchise that hosts the IMF plus the original chopper+train+tunnel scene from the original... so.  One nitpick I would have and not sure if it has been like this for awhile but I wish there was more IMF and less Tom Cruise a bit regarding the storyline. 

There was one "open question" that I felt the movie didn't fully explain that I think could be a "twist" for the next Mission Impossible... but opinion on the Internet seem to disagree with my opinion on that.

Spoiler

I would have to re-watch the movie, but I'm not convinced that the CIA guy is the bad guy everyone thinks he is... I mean yes, he's a bad guy -- but people are assuming he was THE bad guy.  That would mean that this really evil guy infiltrated the CIA and became a trusted CIA agent?     

Saw "Teens Titans Go! To The Movies"  on Friday.  Talk about a bad cartoon.  I love my cartoons but this one was horrible.  It had some nice homages to "Back to The Future" and "Batman".    I'll have to give it a D.   I wouldn't even take kids to this one. Just let it come out on DVD.

Watched Tully again.  I dont rewatch movies often, but this one was worth it.  I liked it even better the second time around.  **** a nomination, if Theron doesnt WIN the Oscar for hest actress, om oiing to kick over some trash cans. I love love love McKenzie Davis, such a great actress.  

Tully is the most honest and raw drama about every day life I've seen in a while. I felt this movie long after it went off and it made me thinl about what i want my life and marriage to be.  The third act was phenomenal.  

Tully is must see.  

• Like 2

Saw Miracle Season yesterday. Not an amazing movie, basically your cheesy cliche sports movie, but has some feel good moments. Based on a true story about a HS volleyball team, defending state champs, rallying around the tragic death of their star player in their attempt to repeat. Obviously very predictable story.

Saw Mission Impossible last week. Was great. Probably my favorite MI since the very first one(which admittedly was completely different than the others).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Saw an oldie, Robocop (1987). What a gem from the 1980s. Kurtwood Smith (as Clarence Boddicker), Ronny Cox (as Dick Jones), and Miguel Ferrer (as Bob Morton) are all dynamite in this movie. Why can't they make them like this anymore?

Verhoeven is a genius.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

Just got back from seeing The Meg. It was actually surprisingly good (it is a giant shark movie so my expectations were low - glad to say expectations were vastly exceeded). Even the Mrs. liked it and generally she doesn't go in for those type of movies.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1