Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On 3/3/2018 at 8:38 AM, pjfootballer said:

^^ Because Smith is 34 and at the end of his career? You need to groom the next one. He doesn’t need to play right away. Develop him like the Packers did to Aaron Rodgers.

He's signed for what, 5 years? I'm not sure when we can get out of the contract without a severe cap penalty, but I have to imagine it won't be until after year 3. Drafting a QB to groom this year is pointless. Best case scenario is that it leads to Kirk Cousins situation 2.0, where we can count on the front office to somehow botch it even worse this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2018 at 11:51 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@joeken24 did you just say you were LISTENING to the redskins vs raiders game earlier? not watching, just listening? like, to the radio broadcast? :o I know its the offseason and all, but I don't see how that could be enjoyable. i'd much rather watch a game from this past season or past seasons than just listening to a radio broadcast :rofl89:but, to each their own I guess :P 

I like listening to the Redskins games with Doc Walker and Chris Cooley over the TV analyst. Problem is being able to synch them up. The radio is normally like 10 seconds behind the tv. But I do admit, I was bored as hell at work one day and so......

6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

With the recent trade activity of players for draft picks...I wonder what kind of interest teams would have for Jordan Reed?

I could see our FO being savvy enough to trade Reed & a 2nd for kicker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thank you so much for sharing that bit about the quarterback who came out of jail to win a game over the Cowboys.. that's interesting... that's why I love coming here because I learn stuff I never knew.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:34 PM, CTskin said:

I could see our FO being savvy enough to trade Reed & a 2nd for kicker.

Being a Redskins fan this is very rude and offensive and other Redskins fans should be ashamed of themselves for putting likes on this post and laughing at it..this is a very VERY proud team rich in history and and haha SO VERY TRUE...Ahh so comical but your statement isn't to far off when describing this franchise.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:34 AM, skinsmarydu said:

Our former kickers go on to greatness, Suisam, Gano, etc.

All hail Mark.

Oh and this is so true...giants and panthers recently fighting over Gano.....mark Moseley right.. and that was just off the top of my head no help from Google LOL..nick novack...I believe is his name.. a Redskins hero,2006 no time left on the clock one field goal attempt from beating your long time rival the field goal attempt is a couple yards further from a field goal he just attempted and missed...the kick is up and just drops inside the right goal post..BAM HES MY HERO!!..

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

What about Ryan grant?

I kid lol.

Chuckle..

So I actually DO follow Grant on Instagram, but since he was done dirty by the Ravens, I haven’t unfollowed him  ... yet. Wondering if he might post something interesting....  doubt it.  Not his style.

For knowing, he only has like 4 posts. One for charity.  

He’s a good kid, good teammate and a good 4th WR.  My problem was never with him, it’s always been with the FO and Jay trying to convince me he’s Jerry Rice, and then penciling him in as a starter last year.

What the Ravens did to him is criminal. I hope he files a grievance and I hope he finds a team to pay him the same money.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My problem was never with him, it’s always been with the FO and Jay trying to convince me he’s Jerry Rice, and then penciling him in as a starter last year.

I know that well, but we had so many arguments regarding this, that I couldn't let it go unnoticed :D

Throwback to that time the 'Skins held Barry Sanders to 44 yards on 11 rush attempts in the NFC Championships Game. 

As much as I hate the team's reliance on living in past glories, that '91 team just has layers upon layers of brilliance. They truly are one of the most underrated teams of the Super Bowl era.