Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm attracted to women with accents, I can't help it.  There's a younger chick in my school we feelin each other from Nigeria, claims she can cook, so we exchanged numbers.  At least I don't have to worry about her being a prince who I need to wire money to.  We gotta work on this resume though, the box looks like potential, but the pieces are all over the place like the sink and under the couch.  God Bless you Northern Virginia.

14 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I don't think many folks remember this version of Everlast...

lol, not at all.  "What its Like" is my everlasting image of them (no pun intended).  Red Hot Chili Peppers is a group that I don't feel the same about their early work when considering their influences I'd think I'd like more, but I don't.  I'm talking waaaay before Californication, Under the Bridge, etc.  Maybe I need to give their George Clinton running with days another chance, I didn't hear a lot of it, not gonna lie and it was a while ago.

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

Clearly never dated a Nigerian woman before. 

Cooks ? hahaha. I hope you have insurance. 

If the box is broken...do not accept. 

Checking boxes, Kosh, going to DC United game tomorrow to see if maybe I might like soccer more in person.  Uncharted territory...

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Checking boxes, Kosh, going to DC United game tomorrow to see if maybe I might like soccer more in person.  Uncharted territory...

I was going to say something smartass. 

Seriously, congrats on meeting what wil probably be a pretty cool young lady... ( don't mess it up). 

Enjoy the game, Just like baseball, it is much better in person. 

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

lol, not at all.  "What its Like" is my everlasting image of them (no pun intended).  Red Hot Chili Peppers is a group that I don't feel the same about their early work when considering their influences I'd think I'd like more, but I don't.  I'm talking waaaay before Californication, Under the Bridge, etc.  Maybe I need to give their George Clinton running with days another chance, I didn't hear a lot of it, not gonna lie and it was a while ago.

Stop overthinking stuff. You will smile more. Or ...go visit the land of the tree and the home of the crave. 

Anyone on here know anything about outdoor projectors?  We finally got around to having the backyard re-landscaped and the patio replaced with a stone paver one and extended (company we hired are actually working on all that this week).  So much more room.  Eventually, we are putting a fire pit out there and I had talked to the wife about mounting a TV outside.

Only thing is, I don't want to pay a **** ton of money for those TVs made specifically for outside, nor waste my time/money on putting a regular one out there for it to eventually go bad due to the elements/temps.  So I started thinking about getting an outdoor HD projector and a portable screen.   That way we could have movie night outside around the fire pit, or have it on a ball game while grilling out, etc.

Looks like a lot of them have HDMI inputs now, so I'd be able to hook up my Roku and access some sporting events through that, I know NFL Sunday Ticket has an app so I'd be able to watch some NFL games.  

So, back to my original question.  Does anyone have an outside projector or know anyone that does?  What brands are the best/worst?  What to look for as far as viewing in sunlight, etc.?  @Springfield  I seem to recall you getting one for indoor use, but any insight would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

You can rewatch The Wire 5x and it never gets stale or boring. It's just such an incredible work of TV drama. Gold standard.

The Shield set that gold standard, btw. Between that & Vikings, best acting I've ever seen. 

24 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The TVs are cheap, but I don't think I have the space to set-up a box to protect the TV

Inflatable screen.....interesting!

A white inflatable mattress set up sideways would work, I can see that. Hubby's boss uses the side of his outdoor shed...you can barely see the seams, I never thought a second about em, just happy the kids could be entertained while we adults got stupid drunk at the annual Halloween Hullabaloo. ?

7 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

The Shield set that gold standard, btw. Between that & Vikings, best acting I've ever seen. 

A white inflatable mattress set up sideways would work, I can see that. Hubby's boss uses the side of his outdoor shed...you can barely see the seams, I never thought a second about em, just happy the kids could be entertained while we adults got stupid drunk at the annual Halloween Hullabaloo. ?

Yeah, I don't want to drop a ton of $$$ on this if I don't have too.  But, having to get a projector with a built in speaker is probably going to cost more than I want to spend.  Tazette seemed pretty stoked about the idea of watching movies outside and roasting marshmallows over the fire pit. 

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, I don't want to drop a ton of $$$ on this if I don't have too.  But, having to get a projector with a built in speaker is probably going to cost more than I want to spend.  Tazette seemed pretty stoked about the idea of watching movies outside and roasting marshmallows over the fire pit. 

Then try looking for an inflatable that doesn't have the "look" of a mattress (like buttons). Shouldn't cost much, and will still work if not inflated(because The Dude)???

Never mind that, new idea just hit me...just a big piece of white vinyl is cheaper! You can spray clean! 

Archived