Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm sitting on my back patio, and a snake slithers by, literally 2 feet away from my feet, and just stops there.

What's a person to do ?

Die? 

How did you survive?  Snakes are one of those creatures that have no business existing, I don't give a **** how many mice they keep out of my house. 

6 minutes ago, Chew said:

Die? 

How did you survive?  Snakes are one of those creatures that have no business existing, I don't give a **** how many mice they keep out of my house. 

Fortunately, when it saw me, it went on the defensive, rather than the offensive.

But hey, not only do snakes keep the mice out, but don't cats keep the snakes out, and didn't you say that you hate cats, in the Unpopular Opinion thread ? lol

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Fortunately, when it saw me, it went on the defensive, rather than the offensive.

But hey, not only do snakes keep the mice out, but don't cats keep the snakes out, and didn't you say that you hate cats, in the Unpopular Opinion thread ? lol

My old cats would bushido one of them garden snakes. Wasn't uncommon to find some sliced up (and/or headless) near the drain at the outside basement steps.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Please. Theres a reason almost every martial arts movie and Wu Tang song makes some sort of reference to striking like a cobra or some ****.

Make one move.... Your eyes even blink damn near, and it's going straight for the nutsack in a flash of fangs, scales, and exploding balls. ?

This was actually my 2nd close-up experience with a snake, in about a month.

And believe it or not, the last one was even more intimate, and not in a good way.

It was the night before Hurricane Florence was to strike our city with a direct hit. I opened my front door at about 930pm, and there was a large snake facing my front door, like within an inch of it. He then makes a move or a surge, but not towards me, but an attempt to lunge inside.

This may sound stupid in hindsight, but it was just a knee-jerk reaction (figurately and literally) as I kicked toward the snake to brush him away from the front door, so I could slam it shut. My sub-conscious was just thinking, "no way in **** am I allowing a snake to sneak inside my home".

Fortunately I accomplished this successfully and safely.

Don't know a whole lot about snakes, but I assume they can sense the pressure from a hurricane, and then seek cover.

Maybe something to keep in mind for anyone hanging around an impending hurricane.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Probably somewhere between calamari and a hot dog...

"Desert White Fish" is what I keep seeing online, I'm down.

OT, I have a very unusual admiration for fired calamari.  If I go to a good restaurant, and I end up with a bulb head and tentacles, my eyes light up like some anime character. Dad says I got it from him, though he never got that for me as a kid.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Moving to Texas invoked snake paranoia in me. So far, I haven't seen one snake. Huge ****roaches are another thing, I am not scared of them and Dancer likes to chase the ones that happen to make it into the house. 

What about Scorpions and Vinegaroons?

Archived