Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

11 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Oops, meant to quote Renegade. Sry bout that skinfan

@Renegade7

Yeah, it's up to date and desktop. was thinking it had something to do with the https initiative maybe.

Try clearing your cache.  Seeing that wall street journal thing repeatedly, something stupid might be happening.  Everything, all time. Can't test from here, at waffle house, but can tell you chrome on my phone looks fine.  You aren't using the broken https version of extremeskins are you?

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Try clearing your cache.  Seeing that wall street journal thing repeatedly, something stupid might be happening.  Everything, all time. Can't test from here, at waffle house, but can tell you chrome on my phone looks fine.  You aren't using the broken https version of extremeskins are you?

I'm just looking on es.redskins.com. Should have mentioned it's happening on my work PC too. I cleared my cache (everything, ever) and it's still happening. Oh well, been meaning to actually check out Edge and start fresh with bookmarks, etc. No biggie. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed it. I suddenly want to go to Waffle House.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

My man!

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

. I suddenly want to go to Waffle House.

Its hilarious, I was with one my youngest cousins who is vegetarian.  Hadn't seen him since he could barely walk been in a Wisconsin.  I brought up waffle house and he was like "God Yes" because nearest one to him is St. Louis.

As a carnivore, i didn't expect that answer and moved him up my favorite cousin list immediately ?

HeftyPoliticalAnt-small.gif

3 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Anybody using Chrome, and having tweets in these threads displayed kind of garbled? I can see some text of the tweet, usually with a hyperlink, with the bottom line half cut off. The actual tweet is not displayed. If I click any hyperlinks that the tweets are "truncated" into, all the text disappears, or I occasionally get a small Wall Street Journal stock market ticker graphic. I know I don't have malware or any weird extensions in Chrome. Doesn't happen in Edge. Just curious if anyone else has noticed.

Yup. Had the same problem with chrome mobile the past few days.

So just looking at some of the tweets I have trouble seeing on different devices and browsers, I think it's specific to Chrome, and when people are posting "Quote tweets" (I don't even know if that's the real term, but where a tweet is sort of embedded into another tweet), and when tweets are replies. I think it might also be specific to what device/app/browser the person actually tweeting is using, because other quote-tweets and replies appear perfectly normal. I think there might be other factors, but I'm concluding my research project at this point because why am I doing this, and why do I care?

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

"My jaw hurts."

"Ya, well my face smells like you right now, so I guess we're even."

"Touche'."

Omg, that reminds me of the brother of a friend who got busted that way! ? What a jackass! 

I've got the same tweet issue, some come through, some don't...mobile.  I no longer have a desktop. ?

Archived