Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

From a neutral observer, there's still a lot to be optimistic about. The blown coverages yesterday were big, but fixable. Long season, good platform to build on after the first month. 

There’s nothing to be optimistic about. The Saints have a terrible ****ing defense and we scored like 17 points. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

There’s nothing to be optimistic about. The Saints have a terrible ****ing defense and we scored like 17 points. 

It's the same defense from last year, and was very good.

Man, stadium full bad news, tailgate full of bad news, tempted to just take the week off.  Think everyone just needs a minute, everything is not over and doomed.

5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

From a neutral observer, there's still a lot to be optimistic about. The blown coverages yesterday were big, but fixable. Long season, good platform to build on after the first month. 

There is nothing to be truly optimistic about because this team is an 8-8 to 9-7 ceiling and shows no signs of being able to become a consistent winner. It's systemic and starts at the top and nothing will change until a real general manager replaces Bruce Allen.

We may get a nice W here or there, we may sneak into the playoffs if the entire division blows and then get handled by a real opponent, but the chance of being a consistently good product on the field is as low as it has always been. I guess we're not at the rock bottom we were in the late 2000s after Gibbs left the second time, but that's not saying much.

42 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's the same defense from last year, and was very good.

Man, stadium full bad news, tailgate full of bad news, tempted to just take the week off.  Think everyone just needs a minute, everything is not over and doomed.

The Saints pass defense was ranked 32nd in the NFL and looked like the 2002 Buccaneers last night...

49 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

The Saints pass defense was ranked 32nd in the NFL and looked like the 2002 Buccaneers last night...

No it didn't their pass rush did, theres a difference.  Both our our starting WRs endes up out the game, I'm not going lose sleep over this.  I'm not gonna keep repeating myself asking people to keep stuff in context instead going ballistic, extremeskins or not.  It's day after, time to calm down.  Guess I'll be back after Thursday or something, unless someone else tells me I'm not mad enough or too chill

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

There is nothing to be truly optimistic about because this team is an 8-8 to 9-7 ceiling and shows no signs of being able to become a consistent winner. It's systemic and starts at the top and nothing will change until a real general manager replaces Bruce Allen.

We may get a nice W here or there, we may sneak into the playoffs if the entire division blows and then get handled by a real opponent, but the chance of being a consistently good product on the field is as low as it has always been. I guess we're not at the rock bottom we were in the late 2000s after Gibbs left the second time, but that's not saying much.

This is how i have felt for a long time.  Would just add "and Snyder sells or completely removes himself" to the end of the first paragraph.  

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This is how i have felt for a long time.  Would just add "and Snyder sells or completely removes himself" to the end of the first paragraph.  

And the next owner could change the name. 

NEVER. YOU CAN USE CAPS. 

The only thing I know, for sure, every single day. 

HTTR.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Please no Redskin talk in RTT. Come on guys. This is our refuge away from that dumpster fire.

I was gonna make the post you did, then got emotional ?

And serious, but onward.....

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I forgot "or gets hit by lightning." 

Same result. 

Depose me. ?

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

No it didn't their pass rush did, theres a difference.  Both our our starting WRs endes up out the game, I'm not going lose sleep over this.  I'm not gonna keep repeating myself asking people to keep stuff in context instead going ballistic, extremeskins or not.  It's day after, time to calm down.  Guess I'll be back after Thursday or something, unless someone else tells me I'm not mad enough or too chill

Okay sorry they were 30th giving up almost 10 YPA...point stands.

This organization has not been good or relevant since 1992 and you're acting like it's an overreaction to one game? They haven't won 11 games since 1991. This is not about last night, it's about being 5-21 on MNF since 2000, with an average margin of defeat of 10.4 points, 7 games losing by at least 20. It's about a massive decades-long sample size of embarrassment and irrelevance as a whole . The Kool-Aid drinkers in The Stadium who continue blowing $$$ are part of the problem. Those that have stopped wasting time and money going to games are making the right move.

Anyway, I won't lose sleep either because I stopped expecting anything more years ago. Plus, the Capitals are 2018 Stanley Cup Champions.

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

And the next owner could change the name. 

NEVER. YOU CAN USE CAPS. 

The only thing I know, for sure, every single day. 

HTTR.

I'll take a new name and championships over Redskins and losing. Team name was originally the Braves anyway.

@Sticksboi05 dude, please, there's nothing you can do about the past.  Its weeK 6 now, people want to go to the game, let them, I like it more then watching it on TV, at least they can hear me when I'm mad at them. 

Only thing this team can control is the next game, the green bay prediction thread said board thought wed get slaughtered, then saints production thread had almost 2/3rds picked the skins to win.  I try to limit my emotional swing fests to game time now, you're going off on the last 30 years and were 2-2, chill, dont call me part of the problem because I'm living my life and keeping the Redskins in their place in that.  Waste of damn time wishing snyder will sell the team, ain't gonna happen 

Imagine people are gonna jump ship before the Panthers games then get hype for the cowboys game once we win.  I'm not going to have these discussions if everyone is trying to fix the last 30 years at the same time as what's wrong this year, I'll wait u till yall calm down

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Sticksboi05  I'll wait u till yall calm down

I am calm. If you took that as being angry ... It really doesn't upset me anymore, but people aren't overreacting to one game, that's all I'm saying. And the sample size matters when it's been under the same owner and the issues are systemic. The journey to 57,000 attendees is not because of one game.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on that.

12 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I am calm. If you took that as being angry ... It really doesn't upset me anymore, but people aren't overreacting to one game, that's all I'm saying. And the sample size matters when it's been under the same owner and the issues are systemic. The journey to 57,000 attendees is not because of one game.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on that.

I never said people were overreacting, you said I felt that way and I dont.  I said keep it in perspective, which no one wants to do because they are tired of this crap, understandable.  Still 2-2, that's what I'm gonna focus on for my own reasons (mostly health related)

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That’ll be enough sniveling in the RTT, thanks,

Could use some sunshine right about now

Archived