Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have.

It was an abomination of stupidity.

What can I say.  I enjoy factual, balanced, thoughtful, well researched intelligent analysis.  I don't enjoy emotional, uneducated, self-serving, moronic tough-guy talk.  

Haha. I would love to hear Galdi break down the trenches. Hes too much on the nerdy analytics side for me, but he’s often in my rotation if I get to a lot of listening hours in a week. I appreciate how prepared and professional he is. 

Get ready for a lot of tough guy talk from DQ; it's about to become the staple of the franchise moving forward.

Football is emotional, filled with self-serving individuals, and plenty of tough guy talk. If you were in a locker room, your head would likely explode. Haha

Edited by wit33

All joking aside about Howell… it was pretty clear where I was on him at the end of the season:

I think he still has a good career but he was cooked here regardless of regime change and needed new scenery if he had any chance to flip it around.

Not a fun story that he was Snydervera’d, but him moving on, to literally the opposite coast, is the best thing for him. 

• Like 12
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Not a fun story that he was Snydervera’d, but him moving on, to literally the opposite coast, is the best thing for him. 

It probably didn't matter how far away his new team is though, lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

It probably didn't matter how far away his new team is though, lol. 

Oh it does. Snyder’s yacht is probably more Atlantic than Pacific. The bad man can’t hurt him anymore.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

All joking aside about Howell… it was pretty clear where I was on him at the end of the season:

I think he still has a good career but he was cooked here regardless of regime change and needed new scenery if he had any chance to flip it around.

He will long be remembered.

It's brutal to say but the truth is without him, Ron, and EB working together to produce an atrocious second half last season we wouldn't be in position to secure a franchise q.b.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You know what I never understood?  Why people refer to other people "a (insert name)"  I think Mel Kiper might have started it, and it's caught on.

"To pass up a Trent Dilfer when all you have is Jim Harbaugh. Gimme a break.  That's why the Colts are picking second in the draft every year." To which Bill Tobin responded, "who in the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?" And the modern draft was born.  (As an aside, Mel's just about never right on QBs.  He wasn't really right about Dilfer. Who, yeah, got a SB with the Ravens, but just about anybody could have played QB and won with that team. 

But now all the draftniks are like, "You have a Drake Maye sitting there, you have to take him."  Or "If a Caleb Williams falls into your lap, you'd be crazy not to take him." 

It's an unnecessary word to make yourself sound more intelligent and theatrical.

Just remove the word.  "To pass up Trent Dilfer when all you have is Jim Harbaugh."  That's all you need. You don't need the "a."  Drop it. 

I don't know if it started before Mel or not, but I think it's his speech pattern and it's trickled through society.  And it drives me ****ing bananas.  

Funny what is triggering lol. I think Kiper was wrong about Dilfer, but right about what the Colts needed, and the value of the draft capital and what it should be used on positionally, and Dilfer ended up better than Trev Alberts anyway. Kiper was actually right, even if he was wrong about his evaluation of Dilfer. 

Not sure when it started either, but I imagine it was earlier than that, I started watching the NFL Draft the first year it was on after we got cable for the first time (summer '87). Not sure when it started but would guess it was early nineties, you could be right, just not sure, I imagine NBA fans were talking about, "When you have a Michael Jordan sitting there, and you take Sam Bowie instead, wtf are you doing?" Wouldn't shock me if that was said lol. 

• Like 1

OK, lets all settle down about Mr. Howell III. He is a great kid who performed admirably under extraordinary circumstances. This is good for him and us moving forward. Everything Snyder and RR needs to be purged. Besides can anyone name one player in the last 5 years to leave this team and become a pro bowler. I enjoyed his time here; it made the season easier to watch.

• Like 1

If you've got a rookie starter, you absolutely cannot have last year's starter hanging around the sideline holding a clipboard. The Commanders had to make this move, and the return isn't bad.

Besides the possibilities in the third round, could this be part of an attempt to build the assets to move up to #1?

• Thanks 2

I really do wish Howell the best.  First 10 weeks of last season were kinda magical tbh.  Had a guy putting up top 10 numbers as a 5th round QB, it's the dream.  It didn't last but he's a good kid.

• Like 1

The gift that keeps on giving.

Looks like Jerruh might have been more than a little offended by the social media revolt that occurred after we signed Bobby Wagner and they signed Eric Kendricks...

You can't make this **** up. lol

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 17