Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

44 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

First Take and Undisputed started their shows talking about the Derrick Henry signing yesterday. Bobby Wagner is just as elite ( probably more so at this point) at his position than Henry. Are they gonna talk about us to start their shows today? I highly doubt it. They hate us.

Just curious; do we really care? I don’t think they hate us; we are not hate-able, we just happen to suck so no one really cares to discuss us at this moment in our junction.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Exactly. Josh Reynolds is a jag, I’d be disappointed if he’s really being targeted.

Isn't he the WR who dropped one or two huge passes in the NFC championship game, one on a key 4th down play vs SF?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

based on this physical press corner

Jourdan Lewis appears to show well on there, who we’ve also been linked with from Dallas.

Also, I wonder what the trade cost is for Sneed….

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

The way AJ Brown totally dominated Forbes with physicality was glaring. It was a man against a boy. 

Forbes plays two-dimensionally.  If he can put on a few pounds, he could actually be seen when he turns sideways.  Will be interesting to see what the many underachievers left on the roster will be able to do with proper coaching and schemes.

• Thumb up 1

Not to take this off the rails but another guy who can bounce back next season is BSJ. He’s always going to be handsy and he doesn’t look back for the ball enough but he impressed me in 22 and did a solid job against a lot of #1 WRs before taking a major step back in 23. He’s going to have a lot to prove this year and he has the size and length DQ looks for in his corners. 

If it were me, I sign a FA like a Yiadom, draft a developmental guy like Khyree Jackson and have BSJ and Forbes compete for the other starting corner spot

• Like 3

From CowboysZone:

going as far back as 2012 we 've done this every year where washington and nyg are going to hand us our butts

last year nyg was supposed to kick our butts and lost combined 89-17

even when they got to the playoffs season before last they got swept by us

the last time theyve beat us was 2020 ....theyve beaten us a grand total of ONE time since 2017

Washington retools/rebuilds every 3 years and we get the same "oh theyre going to beat us and run the division"

its getting old, just as old as Dallas not performing in the playoffs

What could be different this time...it's right on the tip of my tongue...oh I know the answer...something significant happened...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Man, that Wagner signing has me feeling all types of irrational optimism now. That's huge that a guy like that wants to play for us. Even on a one year deal. This could be his retirement tour and he chose us. That's just incredible.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

From CowboysZone:

What could be different this time...it's right on the tip of my tongue...oh I know the answer...something significant happened...

I'd rinse with battery acid if I were you.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PlayAction said:

Rare is not raw.  If you like your steak well done....you don't like steak.  

What is Peters cooking up today?  The remake is happening before our eyes but each free agent signing is becoming a dopamine fix for fans.  

If I can see the DNA moving around in my food...it's raw. "Pittsburgh Rare" is basically still alive. The chef is paid to cook, let'em cook. 

Alright, I'm moving this to the steak thread.

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Man, that Wagner signing has me feeling all types of irrational optimism now. That's huge that a guy like that wants to play for us. Even on a one year deal. This could be his retirement tour and he chose us. That's just incredible.

qhnvhludl95g8wxqm3k1.jpg

dot.com approves this message

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I think some people are just childish, attention seekers.

Yeah I tend to think it's a mix of people who just really get off on trolling people and/or are on the low end of the IQ distribution tail for males. 

• Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, method man said:

Not to take this off the rails but another guy who can bounce back next season is BSJ. He’s always going to be handsy and he doesn’t look back for the ball enough but he impressed me in 22 and did a solid job against a lot of #1 WRs before taking a major step back in 23. He’s going to have a lot to prove this year and he has the size and length DQ looks for in his corners. 

If it were me, I sign a FA like a Yiadom, draft a developmental guy like Khyree Jackson and have BSJ and Forbes compete for the other starting corner spot

Not that I have any clue, but to me a few different things totally screwed BSJ:  1) bouncing between zone, man, back to zone, and then zone match over the past 3 years, 2) losing Harris prior to the latest transition in coverage style (and replacing Harris with a very questionable choice), 3) injuries to Cam and Forrest, as well as the departure of McCain, and 4) the lack of a pass rush this year.  I also have to wonder if the defense as a whole playing historically poorly had an affect on the players.  Not in terms of giving up, but little things like forcing things, not trusting your help, etc.

I definitely wouldn’t assume any of these guys will play well going forward though, in terms of roster decisions, but I could certainly see it happening with better coaching/surrounding talent.  In terms of my level of trust/faith, Forrest and Quan are the only two guys I definitely want to have a path to a starting role… though even for them I think it makes sense to bring in competition.

2 hours ago, Bifflog said:

Had no idea about Yiadom, and whilst he’s been a bit of a league journeyman, it seems like his 2023 season was damn good and his strengths fit the style of play Whitt is after. Will be interesting to see if we reach agreement with him.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Forbes plays two-dimensionally.  If he can put on a few pounds, he could actually be seen when he turns sideways.  Will be interesting to see what the many underachievers left on the roster will be able to do with proper coaching and schemes.

Yeah, but if he stands perpendicular to the QB line of sight, he's invisible.... which is kinda nice 👍

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wagner, Luvu, Jamin, coached by Ken Norton Jr, with Payne and Allen playing in front of them, in a Quinn/Whitt defense… I mean, if that doesn’t get you excited… 

To your point though - having guys want to coach/play for us is such a massive breath of fresh air.  Who knows how it plays out in totality, but it’s sure looking like Quinn was the right pick for the job.

• Like 4

I don’t really see the need for a WR in FA or it being pressing 

Dotson/Mclaurin/Ekeler//Robinson is a lot of veteran support amoung others for a rookie QB

I think shoring up the secondary is more pressing if there are any further FA signings 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skins199021 said:

I don’t really see the need for a WR in FA or it being pressing 

Dotson/Mclaurin/Ekeler//Robinson is a lot of veteran support amoung others for a rookie QB

I think shoring up the secondary is more pressing if there are any further FA signings 

Yeah we don't need to spend big on a WR in FA. I'd like a veteran that knows the system and can be like our #4 guy though. I think we draft someone in round 2 or 3 to fill that #3 role and kick Dyami to the curb after camp.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no sense in trading Forbes. His value is an all time low and it just doesn't make sense. He's still on a rookie contract and has some upside. Lets see if the new coaches can get the most out of him. You don't sell low, you just don't.

Agreed, he may just be a bust, but the problem, in general, back then, was really who he was picked over, where he was picked and why. None of that changes that he was a top 35-60 prospect last year, and one of the best corner prospects in the draft. Give him to coach, let him get coached up in whatever system they roll with, rebuild that confidence. I could be wrong, but what I recall you guys saying was basically:

The first chunk of the year before he was benched: Abomination

Later when he worked his way back onto the field: Below average to occasional average performances.

So the guy is definitely not as bad as he looked early, and maybe with engaged, high caliber coaching, he can get back to where he was viewed in the spring of '23, which was one of the better CB prospects period from the '23 and '24 classes combined (if you combine them). Nothing wrong with that. The fact that there are a billion other stories going on now, should allow attention to stray. We should not deal him now unless the new staff just views him as a bust, after watching him in person. 

31 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

AND we got him at a bargain price.   GM Peters is not playing around....he's awesome at maximizing cap efficiency so far.

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Yeesh. Forbes is worst in the entire league at press coverage and buy a good bit. Hard to chalk that up to just coaching. 

If a player has an obvious weakness and you keep putting him in calls that ask him to do what he's is not good at - that is 100% coaching. 

Coaching is about putting players in situations that fit what they can do, not keep asking them to do things they can't.

Now at some point if a player has too many weaknesses no coach can cover that up. Forbes is best in zone and off man when he can play the ball - if we put him those situations and he still cant perform then its about the player and his skillset versus NFL talent.

• Like 7