Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Am usually not too bad as for FA signings.  Had Ron's back for most of the tenure.  But when he did nothing in off season #4 which felt like its time to make a move -- he lost me for that among other reasons.

But almost no way I'll be upset with this coming FA crop.  I tend to give rope to new regimes and let their plan play out some before criticizing.

And you too.  I picked the two of you because I thought it would be obvious the two of you would NOT lose your minds.  

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

And you too.  I picked the two of you because I thought it would be obvious the two of you would NOT lose your minds.  

Cmon bruh, everyone in this place is guilty of extremism at some point or another, no one can claim innocence…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

Cmon bruh, everyone in this place is guilty of extremism at some point or another, no one can claim innocence…

Actually, the two posters I singled out, I'd say they are the exceptions to that rule.  

The rest of us?  Yes, we're all guilty of it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Because it hasn't happened yet.  There will be lamenting on every signing when some other team gets a good player.

It happens in the daft also.  Every player the Eagles/Cowboys pick, it's "sky is falling doom."

Dolphins are expected to sign Nik Needham. I am pissed. We totally should have signed him, we would have been playoff bound for certain darn it!  :P

Edited by DWinzit
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stoox said:

Agree. Maye and Howell on the same team, with one backing up the other would be awkward, despite what either of them might say publicly.

If it's my team:

• We draft Drake Maye. Bigger player, stronger arm, moves well in the pocket, has run an offence with similar terminology as Kingsbury's and has a high ceiling at age 21 (vs. Daniels). But has iffy mechanics. So, we redshirt him for a year and sign...

•  ....Ryan Tannehill as a UFA to start for one year, mentor the kid and gradually turn the starting role over to him when ready.

• Sam Howell gets traded for a #4, which is about all we would get - and one round higher than his draft round.

Aaron Rodgers sat for three years, Kirk Cousins sat for nearly three years, Jordan Love sat for 3 years, Tony Romo sat for 2 years, Philip Rivers sat for 2 years, Tom Brady (!!!) sat for a year and a half, Pat Mahomes sat for a year, Drew Brees sat for a year, the list goes on.

Patience....

hell no, if we're drafting a QB at 2 I don't want us wasting money on some high priced "mentor"  Rodgers  and Love sat because they were behind legends.  Kirk and Romo weren't supposed to be starters.  The rest of your list?   Brees was the only one where the team acquired a starter to keep the rookie on the bench

2 hours ago, Stoox said:

Agree. Maye and Howell on the same team, with one backing up the other would be awkward, despite what either of them might say publicly.

If it's my team:

• We draft Drake Maye. Bigger player, stronger arm, moves well in the pocket, has run an offence with similar terminology as Kingsbury's and has a high ceiling at age 21 (vs. Daniels). But has iffy mechanics. So, we redshirt him for a year and sign...

•  ....Ryan Tannehill as a UFA to start for one year, mentor the kid and gradually turn the starting role over to him when ready.

• Sam Howell gets traded for a #4, which is about all we would get - and one round higher than his draft round.

Aaron Rodgers sat for three years, Kirk Cousins sat for nearly three years, Jordan Love sat for 3 years, Tony Romo sat for 2 years, Philip Rivers sat for 2 years, Tom Brady (!!!) sat for a year and a half, Pat Mahomes sat for a year, Drew Brees sat for a year, the list goes on.

Patience....

I've actually thought about Tannehill as well as a stopgap. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

hell no, if we're drafting a QB at 2 I don't want us wasting money on some high priced "mentor"  Rodgers  and Love sat because they were behind legends.  Kirk and Romo weren't supposed to be starters.  The rest of your list?   Brees was the only one where the team acquired a starter to keep the rookie on the bench

Rodgers and Love were drafted in the 1st round *exactly* with the intent of one day succeeding Favre and Rodgers respectively, by learning from the bench first. Some smart succession planning. 

As to the rest of the list, regardless of draft position or perceived expectations, QB is a big, difficult role that takes time to learn. You have to learn to be a professional first of all, then deal with and lead men (not other 20 year olds). Then you have to learn the offense. Then you have to improve technical weaknesses. Then you have to execute. And you need the right support around you (ie - offensive line and receivers)

No QB in the history of football has ever been ruined by spending a year on the bench. But there aren't enough fingers and toes in the DMV to count how many young QBs were ruined by being brought along too quickly - thrown into the fire without the proper support and guidance. A QB brought along too quickly most often fails, and then loses their confidence. Once that's gone, it rarely comes back.

Slow roast the QB. It almost always pays off in the end. We're not trying to be good this year. We're trying to build a year-over-year contender, which takes time. We're also trying to pick the QB that will be better in 3-4 years, before a decision has to be made on the second contract. Not the QB who was better last year, or who may be better in his rookie year.

Also, Tannehill will not cost much on a 2 year deal.

Edited by Stoox

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do hope you realize I picked you because it was a total joke...

ohhhhh!

So you didn’t ignore me! 

:ols:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stoox said:

If it's my team:

Patience....

They are grown ass men. They will deal with it.

• Like 6

Yeah, I’m not sure if that’s going to be a big deal or not. On one hand, I could see where it could potentially be awkward but it’s also entirely possible that they are both capable of handling the situation like professionals. It’s not like they haven’t been teammates before with one of them starting and one of them being the back up.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Slow roast the QB. It almost always pays off in the end. We're not trying to be good this year. We're trying to build a year-over-year contender, which takes time. We're also trying to pick the QB that will be better in 3-4 years, before a decision has to be made on the second contract. Not the QB who was better last year, or who may be better in his rookie year.

By this logic, guys like Kyle Trask and Trey Lance should be just about ready. Why not get them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stoox said:

Rodgers and Love were drafted in the 1st round *exactly* with the intent of one day succeeding Favre and Rodgers respectively, by learning from the bench first. Some smart succession planning. 

As to the rest of the list, regardless of draft position or perceived expectations, QB is a big, difficult role that takes time to learn. You have to learn to be a professional first of all, then deal with and lead men (not other 20 year olds). Then you have to learn the offense. Then you have to improve technical weaknesses. Then you have to execute. And you need the right support around you (ie - offensive line and receivers)

No QB in the history of football has ever been ruined by spending a year on the bench. But there aren't enough fingers and toes in the DMV to count how many young QBs were ruined by being brought along too quickly - thrown into the fire without the proper support and guidance. A QB brought along too quickly most often fails, and then loses their confidence. Once that's gone, it rarely comes back.

Also, Tannehill will not cost much on a 2 year deal.

Tannehill.. I’d 100% rather run it back with Howell than waste any money on him. Rookie QBs also get better by getting reps and actual experience. This isn’t a situation like Rodgers, Love, Mahomes who had an established high end starter in front of them. Obviously they didn’t start day one. This rookie, especially if its daniels, is being drafted at #2 to start day one

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You want an experienced veteran in the QB room Monday-Saturday. It makes a big difference. 

You mean like Kliff, Blough, Johnson, Pritchard, Taub and Howell? 

I think we have the "around veteran QB guys" covered without signing a bum back up.

• Like 12
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

You mean like Kliff, Blough, Johnson, Pritchard, Taub and Howell? 

I think we have the "around veteran QB guys" covered without signing a bum back up.

Yeah, I'm not sure what "insert random back-up" can really bring that NONE of those other guys can bring. Like somehow Tyrod Taylor, Marcus Mariota, Drew Lock Teddy Bridgewater, Tyler Huntley or Brian Hoyer have some magic secret sauce that this team is just missing.

• Haha 2

Got a bit of a feeling will make a trade during free agency. I can see us giving up a third for a starter for a bargain deal. 49ers done things like that ( especially with the Williams trade). I am curious if chargers release Mack or bosa  , either one of them  would interest me ( preferably Mack ).

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You want an experienced veteran in the QB room Monday-Saturday. It makes a big difference. 

Brisett I think was perfect for us but seems like he’s going back to NE to start till the rookies ready . As for us I can see an Andy Dalton or something very low key if we talking vets . 

• Thumb up 1

Considering starting qb salaries are averaging between 45-60 million, it’s inevitable that backup qb salaries will be going up.

Sam only has one year experience and got worse as the season went along and also was Ramsied. 

We need a veteran qb backup with more experience.

If Sam remains on the roster; he’ll be 3rd string at best.

Approx 5 year 160m 

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Chris Jones’ 5-year deal should make him the NFL’s highest-paid DT at around $32M per year. The first $95M or so are essentially guaranteed, and the final numbers are still being worked out. But a mammoth deal for a mammoth defender as a result of good-faith negotiations.

41 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

This must be the first time in recent memory that we have absolutely no idea who we are going to sign, especially with it only being about 36 hours until the tampering period starts.

giphy.gif

Any ressemblance to real extremeskins members is purely coincidental.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Stoox said:

If it's my team:

Patience....

I can come up with a list as well of rookie QBs who did not sit a few years and still played great right away.  3 in one draft class alone in Luck, Griff and Wilson, more recently Burrow, Stroud and Herbert.  Then there is Cam Newton and Dak who made Pro Bowls after their rookie seasons.  Deshaun Watson started halfway through his rookie season and was very good, by the next season he was one of the best.  We can go all the way back to Dan Marino and Ben Roethlisberger as well.

The best thing you can have in the NFL is a good QB on a rookie contract, that window is small so teams want to get their rookie on the field as soon as they are ready. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

I want a lot of shinny new toys. Here's a couple I'm pounding the table for

Edge - Bruce Smith

CB - Deion Sanders

S - Adam Archuleta

LB - Jeremiah Trotter

QB - Jeff George

WR - Brandon Lloyd

Seriously, bring in a C, another OL who can play T, an edge, another rotational DL, a LB and at least one DB. They don't need to be stars, they just need to be able to play well, fit the teams schemes and and not be DB's....and that's not Defensive Back. Get the ball rolling before the draft to ease the need burden and not force us to pick for need like the past few years

Edited by DWinzit