Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

So far this regime has signed Crowder and now Zaccheus over some pretty good names still available. Clearly there's something they value in these two over guys like Tyler Boyd, Mecole Hardman, DJ Chark, Michael Gallup, Hunter Renfrow and others? Tells me they're taking a WR on day 2 and signing veteran compliments to put in the WR room. 

It’s that they are cheap veteran depth and they understand you generally shouldn’t overpay for slot receivers

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, method man said:

It’s that they are cheap veteran depth and they understand you generally shouldn’t overpay for slot receivers

Yeah plus Crowder and Zaccheaus can battle out with Kazmeir for returner the teams returner.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You need camp bodies at WR now more than ever with the new kickoff rule favoring returners again.

True, but 4-13 teams likely have plenty of camp bodies, we need guys who will produce. I like how this staff is signing vets to help out the rookie QB, especially Ertz, who knows the offense and is great at getting open. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

So far this regime has signed Crowder and now Zaccheus over some pretty good names still available. Clearly there's something they value in these two over guys like Tyler Boyd, Mecole Hardman, DJ Chark, Michael Gallup, Hunter Renfrow and others? Tells me they're taking a WR on day 2 and signing veteran compliments to put in the WR room. 

Seems likely they trust the current group going into the season and will do just as you suggest and grab at least one pass catcher in the draft. Pretty exciting draft for WR, lots of guys in the 2nd and 3rd round who would come off the board earlier in most years.

19 hours ago, goskins10 said:

here is Chase's contract. Very cheap.

You had “very cheep” RIGHT THERE and you passed. 

That tells me it’s finally over. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 4

Profootball talk thinks LSU coach Brian Kelly revealed yesterday Washington's plan to take QB Jayden Daniels.

He said, " Daniels is going to get the ball out to the playmakers and make plays.  For Washington."

He also said "Daniels is committed to taking care of himself so that you are not going to have to worry about size or if he doesn't weigh

enough.  Lamar has done a pretty good job with his size.  Mahomes, I wouldn't consider him a giant. "

13 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

After all the posts about beans & eggs for breakfast I made a refried black bean, hot sauce, egg & sausage burrito this morning. Outstanding way to start the day...Carry on

Meaningless, lies, exaggerations and viscious , rumors, absent photographic evidence!

Old man Rye must see pictures of these delectable food stuffs to attain a state of maximum vicarious pleasure...drool

Pics please...gulp

EDIT:

Ohhh, and we need specifics. Can't just say "hot sauce" and be done with it.

Here are Old man Rye's hot sauces just for today's eatings...

20240329_104558.thumb.jpg.d69e919e41301c78ae5d0a38e7dbfebc.jpg

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

After all the posts about beans & eggs for breakfast I made a refried black bean, hot sauce, egg & sausage burrito this morning. Outstanding way to start the day...Carry on

That's generally second breakfast for me. First is chia amaranth pudding and granola I make.

58 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Profootball talk thinks LSU coach Brian Kelly revealed yesterday Washington's plan to take QB Jayden Daniels.

He said, " Daniels is going to get the ball out to the playmakers and make plays.  For Washington."

He also said "Daniels is committed to taking care of himself so that you are not going to have to worry about size or if he doesn't weigh

enough.  Lamar has done a pretty good job with his size.  Mahomes, I wouldn't consider him a giant. "

So you think that Kelly has inside info and not talking his QB up to the top spot he could go?

It's got to be one of those and considering nobody has a clue what Wash is going to do, I'm going to guess it's the later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

That's cool that Jayden would do that for us, but I question his work ethic if he's only going to get the ball out to the playmakers for our team alone. If a different team drafts him, he should consider getting the ball to their playmakers instead.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's generally second breakfast for me. First is chia amaranth pudding and granola I make.

So you think that Kelly has inside info and not talking his QB up to the top spot he could go?

It's got to be one of those and considering nobody has a clue what Wash is going to do, I'm going to guess it's the later.

Nice avatar KB. I was just wondering last night if you were going to keep the Mickey-pez that CITR awarded you, or if you were going back to your old George Michael one. This DQ avatar is sweet! 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That's cool that Jayden would do that for us, but I question his work ethic if he's only going to get the ball out to the playmakers for our team alone. If a different team drafts him, he should consider getting the ball to their playmakers instead.

I'm perfectly fine if another team drafts him and when they play us, he throws to our playmakers on defense.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

I'm perfectly fine if another team drafts him and when they play us, he throws to our playmakers on defense.

While that's true, what if he gets drafted by us, we don't appreciate his ability to get the ball to our playmakers enough, and we trade him? He'd probably be losing a lot of value anyway, but admitting that he wouldn't even try for the other teams could make it really hard to move him.

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

If you haven't ever heard it, look up the song "Beans for Breakfast Once Again" by Johnny Cash. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, mudhog said:

Nice avatar KB. I was just wondering last night if you were going to keep the Mickey-pez that CITR awarded you, or if you were going back to your old George Michael one. This DQ avatar is sweet! 

I'm just happy he used it for a week, which is 7 days longer than I expected when I gave it to him. lol

For those unaware, merchant ship captain and master chef@Koolblue13 is quite the man. 

Though he has, in some Caribbean  ports, a well earned reputation as a bloody good for nothing scoundrel with a substantial bounty  on his head...

To me he'll always be an officer, a gentleman, and someone I'd trust to man the helm of any vessel, in fair weather or foul, even despite the recent minor mishap he had steering his container ship past the Key Bridge, while at the same time inspecting the tonsils of his buxom new first mate, with his tongue, a few days ago.

Some people just can't multi-task.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Haasan Reddick traded for just a 3rd round pick ( although it possibly could turn into a 2nd )

A 2026 one at that. 

• Like 1