Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

14 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Has anyone heard about Chase Young’s contract with the Saints?!?!

Sorry, I’m just summoning VoiceOfReason. Is he MIA?

Apparently it’s the only thing that gets him to police this thread for off-topic discussions.

I let it slide about how ppl like their steaks cooked… but this is egg stuff is eggregious.

Stop yolking around!  If this will stop scrambling your brain here is Chase's contract. Very cheap. Says something that they did not want to bring him back here for such a small contract in relative terms.   

image.thumb.png.67e35a803f9c135be424a439766b70bb.png

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Have you ever had to ban everyone from this place?

I'm on with IT right now asking if there is some kind of mass ban tool they could build ...

26 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Stop yolking around!  If this will stop scrambling your brain here is Chase's contract. Very cheap. Says something that they did not want to bring him back here for such a small contract in relative terms.   

image.thumb.png.67e35a803f9c135be424a439766b70bb.png

I dont know that I would call $8m per game 'cheap'! But I guess they can get out of it for not very much if they decide he's just worth that at any point between now and the end of the season.

• Haha 1

OK I will cave. Egg related story.

I was at Logan Airport not that long ago and sat in one of the cafe type places for breakfast. The breakfast menu had one option which included 'eggs anyway you like them'. 

"Can I have them poached?" I asked.

Complete look of confusion on the waitresses face. I don't think she had ever heard of poaching an egg as a cooking technique or thought that it was some kind of communist plot. It eventually became clear that what 'any way you like' meant was over easy or sunny side up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

23 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Stopped reading here. That was so 30 minutes ago. I think we’re all over it by now. Was fun while it lasted though. Sorry you were late to the party.

Like to hear what THATNFL CHICK has to say on the matter.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'm on with IT right now asking if there is some kind of mass ban tool they could build ...

I dont know that I would call $8m per game 'cheap'! But I guess they can get out of it for not very much if they decide he's just worth that at any point between now and the end of the season.

Fair enough that "cheap" may have been a bit much. But then again that puts him in the 25th range in terms of edge rushers and I know he is not the stud he was expected to be, I would argue he is an average to slightly above average edge, again, just not nearly the stud he was expected to be. So $8M is not much money fror an average edge. Looks like he has incentives up to $13M which if he meets they are getting a well above average Edge. And as you state, they can get out without much cost if he is not performing at all. Either way, this team has moved on, rightly so. I like who they broguht in but also expect them to look in the draft for someone with a high ceiling to develop. 

That brings to mind that as I think about it, the previus regime either undervalued or was not good at spotting maturity in players. Chase's issues I believe are mostly between his earsa. At his age he should be able to fully recover from his injury. RGIII, the same problem. Darius Guice, same issue. D Jackson was not the most mature. Josh Norman, same thing. There are many more examples. That is something that as I listen to the new players brought in, they just sound more mature (may be a hoax but I don't think so). I expect that to be the same with the guys they draft too. 

I have to admit to not being this excited since after the 2012 season when we thought RGIII was gonig to be something. And it was a long time before that, not even Joe Gibbs 2.0. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MartinC said:

I was going to say we are better than this. But then I remembered ... 🙂

We soooooo aren't 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Stopped reading here. That was so 30 minutes ago. I think we’re all over it by now. Was fun while it lasted though. Sorry you were late to the party.

Didnt know you had an egg timer 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 FA/Trades - TE Ertz; DE (3) Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler; OL (3) Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter; LB (3) Luvu, Wagner, Pittman; Ekeler; K McManus; QB Mariota; LS Ott; S Chinn; CB (3) Iggy, Davis, Pierre; WR Zaccheaus; Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas
11 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Interesting. Looks a lot like Crowder. He can return kicks for us also. He played the last two years with Mariotta (Falcons, Eagles).

UVA product. Speedy with good hands and great YAC ability. Small though

3 hours ago, MartinC said:

OK I will cave. Egg related story.

I was at Logan Airport not that long ago and sat in one of the cafe type places for breakfast. The breakfast menu had one option which included 'eggs anyway you like them'. 

"Can I have them poached?" I asked.

Complete look of confusion on the waitresses face. I don't think she had ever heard of poaching an egg as a cooking technique or thought that it was some kind of communist plot. It eventually became clear that what 'any way you like' meant was over easy or sunny side up.

should’ve asked for soft boiled. Her head would’ve exploded.

18 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Interesting. Looks a lot like Crowder. He can return kicks for us also. He played the last two years with Mariotta (Falcons, Eagles).

He played for DQ in Atlanta.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This guy could bump our buddy Dyami Brown out of a job. Brown better come in and light up camp.

The only way Dyami could light up anything is with a generator.

I said it after I saw his cut ups after the draft… just does nothing well. But I was told he was a legitimate deep threat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

This guy could bump our buddy Dyami Brown out of a job. Brown better come in and light up camp.

Dyami isnt a slot or return guy. This guy plays a different position. This is a loaded slot receiver draft so it makes me think if we do take a receiver, it will be an outside receiver who would bump Dyami out of a job

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

So far this regime has signed Crowder and now Zaccheus over some pretty good names still available. Clearly there's something they value in these two over guys like Tyler Boyd, Mecole Hardman, DJ Chark, Michael Gallup, Hunter Renfrow and others? Tells me they're taking a WR on day 2 and signing veteran compliments to put in the WR room.