Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, “Misdirection” said:

What’s on people’s wishlist of guys already FAs or possible cap casualties in later waves after the draft? 

Current FA possibilities:

CB Xavien Howard

CB Stephon Gilmore

S Justin Simmons

WR Tyler Boyd

WR Michael Thomas

WR Michael Gallup

WR DJ Chark

OG Dalton Risner

OT Josh Jones

Possible future cap cuts?

OT Cam Robinson

CB Mike Hilton

Also?

TE Logan Thomas 

OT Charles Leno (if he recovers from hip surgery)

• Like 2

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

CB Xavien Howard

CB Stephon Gilmore

S Justin Simmons

WR Tyler Boyd

WR Michael Thomas

WR Michael Gallup

WR DJ Chark

OG Dalton Risner

OT Josh Jones

OT Cam Robinson

CB Mike Hilton

Also?

TE Logan Thomas 

I’d only have interest in top three. Unless someone else pops up via cuts. Otherwise… Let it ride unto the draft!

5 minutes ago, MrJL said:
  •  

It why so few players are traded

The low return means we shouldn't trade him not we should accept less

Exactly.  I was talking from the perspective of someone trying to acquire Terry.

If I'm Peters, I don't take less than like...42, or wherever I think a guy of Terry's caliber will get picked.

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think we are pretty much done in FA. Sure we could sign another player or two, especially if a player is cut in a position of need (i.e, OT)

Thinking we will pick up a couple of guys after the draft.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

It's not just that he's a bad player (he is), it gets worse:

A source told Pauline that Becton “taps out a lot: he taps out of plays, taps out of games, and does not work very hard.” 

Even the ever-optimistic Robert Saleh sent a subtle shot across the sizeable Becton bow by stating in a news conference “The amount of investment that you put into your body is the amount that it’ll give back. So that’s part of the learning progression of young men. They’ve got to learn how to take care of their bodies, they’ve got to eat right, workout right, rest right, regenerate right.”

He has regressed from his rookie season in every measurable stat. He is also questioned by the coaching staff for his desire and toughness.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2023/12/6/23985084/what-do-the-new-york-jets-do-with-mekhi-becton

Thank you, I don't know much about him and it is always good practice to kick the tires on 1st round talents in case you feel your staff could unlock the potential (per Ron Wolf, former packers GM). But sometimes, the juice isn't worth the squeeze

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

No he is not overvalued by rhe fans.

with you maybe…

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

as far as I'm concerned he's worth two firsts

nvm

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Do cap cuts happen before or after the draft? 

Both. There have already been a bunch and there will be another round after the draft. Most happen before though. Gripping up players after the draft ought not to be plan A.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Every time you say “Corn Lucas” you make me think of Corn Elder, and that’s not very nice. I was set to go the rest of my life never acknowledging his existence again.

Good ole Corny LuLu. :ols:

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Every time you say “Corn Lucas” you make me think of Corn Elder, and that’s not very nice. I was set to go the rest of my life never acknowledging his existence again.

Corn Elder....man....Rivera did love him some Carolina practice squad JAGs. 

Edited by Stoox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's 15th in yards over the last 3 years with nobody else to steal catches, only made one probowl and was barely open last year.

I love TMac, but he is drastically over valued by us.

lol

Value is set by the owning org. To our organization, what Terry has done, with the circumstances he has had to deal with, is nothing short of a miracle.

The value he brings to this organization is most certainly more than what a second round is worth.

If any team offers that (or equivalent) or less, we have absolutely no incentive to accept, and it would be absolutely foolish to do so.

• Like 6

Inside Adam Peters’s roster-building strategy with the Commanders

Analysis by Sam Fortier

The benefits of this measured approach are obvious: It creates position flexibility in the draft, where Peters wants to build the roster, and gives Washington motivated players to support those picks, most importantly the quarterback it’s likely to select at No. 2 (or later).

Basically, Peters wants to build a bridge roster for 2024. He’s investing enough to compete but not so much to limit his options in the long term, turning the page on Rivera quickly but not cementing his own cornerstones until the draft. Most of his free agents probably will be gone in the next year or two, with the possible exceptions of defensive end Dorance Armstrong, linebacker Frankie Luvu and center Tyler Biadasz.

Of the 20 signings, just four — safety Jeremy Reaves, receiver/returner Jamison Crowder, swing tackle Cornelius Lucas and defensive end Efe Obada — played for Washington last year. It has been easy over the past week to wonder if Peters preferred to bring back as few of Rivera’s players as possible to reset the culture of the locker room. But one team official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, insisted that wasn’t the case, saying Peters is just trying to build the best team possible.

...But then a glut of veteran safeties flooded the market and weakened the demand for Curl. He ended up signing a two-year deal worth a base value of $9 million and a maximum of $13 million with the Los Angeles Rams. The low figure surprised at least a few league executives and prompted questions about why the Commanders hadn’t re-signed him for that price. In the end, it turns out, Washington never made a formal offer to Curl, according to two people with knowledge of the negotiations.

Ultimately, the team official said, Washington didn’t offer a deal to Curl because it believed veteran Jeremy Chinn would be a “better fit” at box safety for its new defensive scheme. (Chinn, 26, signed a one-year deal worth a base value of $4.1 million.) The official declined to elaborate on the specifics of the new scheme or why Chinn was a better fit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/03/20/commanders-roster-rebuild/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

CB Xavien Howard

CB Stephon Gilmore

S Justin Simmons

WR Tyler Boyd

WR Michael Thomas

WR Michael Gallup

WR DJ Chark

OG Dalton Risner

OT Josh Jones

OT Cam Robinson

CB Mike Hilton

Also?

TE Logan Thomas 

I think Gilmore fancies a return to NE. Plus he was on 10mil PY at Dallas.

DB - Simmons, I would pay big money, CB specific I still like Ahkello Witherspoon.

WR - Need for me. Assuming we stay at #2 I would be in on a trade Higgins, Aiyuk, Diggs etc

However, is it Reynolds from DET we were linked with ?

After that, not much left to do. 

2 hours ago, MrJL said:
  •  

No he is not overvalued by rhe fans.we just have a subset with a warped view that if you're not in the top 10% of the league you're nothing special.

TMac is a guy we'd put the franchise tag on if we had to.  So as far as I'm concerned he's worth two firsts

It why so few players are traded

The low return means we shouldn't trade him not we should accept less

You seem clueless. Not only is he overvalued by the fans... but he was overvalued (and overpaid) by the previous FO.... understandably so since no-one else wanted to play for the sh!tshow of the previous regime.

He is currently the 9th highest paid WR in the NFL https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver

I can find at least 5 Wrs making less that I would take over him in a heartbeat. He is a great lockeroom guy, class act and a great 1B, but we need a 1A to help a rookie QB succeed 

Edited by oraphus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb down 3

22 minutes ago, oraphus said:

You seem clueless. Not only is he overvalued by the fans... but he was overvalued (and overpaid) by the previous FO.... understandably so since no-one else wanted to play for the sh!tshow of the previous regime.

He is currently the 9th highest paid WR in the NFL https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver

I can find at least 5 Wrs making less that I would take over him in a heartbeat. He is a great lockeroom guy, class act and a great 1B, but we need a 1A to help a rookie QB succeed 

Would be curious to hear which second-contract WRs making less than Terry you'd prefer to have.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Would be curious to hear which second-contract WRs making less than Terry you'd prefer to have.

In general I would rate terry as 20-25 best WR in the NFL

2nd + contract

Keenan Allen

Davante Adams

Mike Evans

Amari Cooper

Deandre Hopkins

Jacoby Meyers.. maybe

Edited by oraphus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Is it just me or are we going for the oldest aged roster in 2024 or maybe some cheep name recognition signings scheme to sell tickets. All these guys we have signed seem to have already reached their ceiling.

It’s just you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3