Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Please we didn’t go near 20mil on Smith. Not interested in that.

Maybe we trade for someone. I like Josh Jones as a remaininf FA but he’s not exactly considered day 1 starter material. Might be looking at a trade up from round 2. Chances are a few tackles become available post draft too. I’m sure we’ve options lined up.

Really want Simmons. Plus a vet CB. And I’d also like a WR. Until Aiyuk or Higgins agree contracts I’ll stay on those.

6 hours ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I think you, me, and maybe @Est.1974 are the only people on here that actually believe this

I asked the question earlier, why did the Bears, and only the Bears send a huge contigent of staff to go to Bo Nix's pro day? Eberflus was the only head coach in attendance. This is adding to the speculation that something is up with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I asked the question earlier, why did the Bears, and only the Bears send a huge contigent of staff to go to Bo Nix's pro day? Eberflus was the only head coach in attendance. This is adding to the speculation that something is up with them.

Maybe they're interested in other Oregon players such as Jackson Powers-Johnson.

Fishy ?

giphy.gif

Edited by FrFan

9 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

The more I think about it, I don’t think paying the high end guys is the plan, nor should it be. There should be some responsibility from the coaching staff to “coach em up.”  

Players should be developed and groomed into the “all-pro” players we covet.  We’ve brought in culture builders, tone setters, that the younger guys should aspire to.  Peters is doing his job as GM, Quinn and his staff have to do the other half, player development.  

Think I’ll go to training camp this summer, should be some chirping and helmets popping!

Love this post...

Bobby ****ing Wagner talking about coming here, because of London Fletcher was awesome. 

I can't believe we signed him. Wagner, Luvu and Davis, with Chinn crashing down? That's just unreal amount of pressure we can bring from the second level. 

And he's a field general and coach. What a huge addition.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Redwolves92 said:

you know everyone is so sure about this but anything is possible. the bears do seem to value fields more than the rest of the nfl. we shall see

I want to be clear: Absolutely anything could happen. I don’t pretend to know what other people are thinking. 

It’s entirely possible that the Bears trade the pick. 

But the odds are tremendously low. 

I think Fields is better than people give him credit for. Surrounding cast matters and his hasn’t been great. They now have a good cast surrounding the quarterback and it would be a great time to add a, say, MHJ and Bowers to the offense. 

But, the odds aren’t in favor of that happening. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

Well, if Keim said it then he'd be in the know.  Josh Jones maybe. I really don't know but we will sign a LT vet, I would think.  We may wait for another cut to occur too.  Slim but possible.  One thing we do know is Peters and Co. know what they are doing.  I'm happy to ride. :)  

I heard it but Keim came off neutral to me, like he didn't know one way or another.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think Fields is better than people give him credit for. Surrounding cast matters and his hasn’t been great. They now have a good cast surrounding the quarterback and it would be a great time to add a, say, MHJ and Bowers to the offense. 

Agreed. Bears just don’t have a strong hand in terms of trading him. 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

This from a Patriots reporter

Isn’t Trent Brown a nutcase

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I heard it but Keim came off neutral to me, like he didn't know one way or another.

Yeah, I wasn't saying that as an absolute but something he did mention.

I will say, hearing from all the local reporters, Peter's and group are very tight lipped and aren't leaking stuff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

While the 9th will garner them some more picks I still think Poles has pulled the biggest acting job around w/this entire Fields trade stuff / Caleb Williams #1…. if the Steelers don’t trade for Fields here in the next few days (and I don’t know their draft pick situation) Poles is dealing that #1 and stock piling picks for this yr and next and keeping fields and more then likely drafting a QB like Rattler or someone like that in the later rounds…. I think Fields is their guy…. 

If it went down that way it would be quite the act from Poles that if it backfires would have IMO leapfrog Bruce Allen and Cerrato as one of the most clownish GMs in history.

A.  Be one of the rare teams picking #1 to skip on the Qb party and skip on Stroud. 

B.  then actually do it AGAIN.  wow.

C. Dangle Fields around the league and get a collective yawn that he's a back up

D.  Laugh at the league that they are wrong about both Caleb and Fields and run the script that its the Bears against the world.  Fields is much better than the league thinks.  And Caleb isn't the dude the most think.  You are running both of those scripts at the same time. 

The dude would either come off as a legendary outside the box genius or one of the biggest clown GMs in history.

I've heard the reverse things about Poles that he's no clown and he doesn't want to risk his job so I doubt any of this happens.  I don't see him skipping Caleb period.  But if he did, I think he would need Caleb to help him do it by leaking he won't play for them.   I think that's the one chance.  I like Maye and Daniels more than some here.  But I don't think they are Caleb.  So I doubt the Bears privately think Caleb is the #2 best QB. 

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yeah, I wasn't saying that as an absolute but something he did mention.

I will say, hearing from all the local reporters, Peter's and group are very tight lipped and aren't leaking stuff.

Yeah with Keim he's been somewhat direct where he says he gets this impression or doesn't have any impression at all one way or another.  Talking about players returning, he didn't think Curl and most of them would.  Lucas he seemed unsure. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Totally agree, so many ppl chiming in on fields and yet they still haven’t dealt him… hmm why? It’s highly reported the Eagles asked before dealing for Pickett…. Remember the Bears only have 5 total picks at this time, they’re trading out of the #1 and getting a boat load for it… put it in the books… unless someone with a way over the top deal for Fields comes along before or during the draft he’s a Bear in 2024….

Let me say this about the Bears. I think they did more over the last 72 hours to address their puny offense at the receiver position than ever before in this FA.  IMO Fields is underappreciated. 

Personally, and I know I am in the minority, the Bears should keep Fields, trade down and build their roster.  DJ Moore coming out a couple of months ago and saying Fields is the one to keep, he just needs more weapons, is being proven right now in FA.  I had to watch Justin Fields a lot last year visiting a family member who moved into the area who is a diehard Bears fan. 

If you are just looking at stats or him trying to make something happen because of a limited offense last year, again Moore was the only true reliable, well I have to say he is undervalued. 

Albright is fairly connected.  Fields and Wilson with the Steelers would be interesting.

I liked (not loved) Fields before the draft.  I do think as a pure passer he's as bad as his reputation it seems to be in the league.  Not accurate. Slow processor.  Very up and down. 

But as dude, super nice guy, classy.  And he's one of the best runners as a QB. 

I think almost zero chance the Bears don't take a QB high in this draft and rest their future on Justin.

Just now, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Would be funny to resign Leno after all this

Keim wasn't sure post surgery if he ever played again.  Will see.

I think now that Smith has signed the market will loosen up. I’m sure a lot of guys wanted to see what he’d get. Pretty cheap contract actually, boils down to 1 year, 6.5 mil. The rest of the 20 mil is based on playing time incentives.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

Well, if Keim said it then he'd be in the know.  Josh Jones maybe. I really don't know but we will sign a LT vet, I would think.  We may wait for another cut to occur too.  Slim but possible. 

Well, there's only really 4 pure starting LT options available and Leno is one of them. I mean, there's bodies out there, but most of them are RT or backup swing tackle types, like Cornelius Lucas, who is out there too. 

Now, as you mentioned, there could be a cut.  We got Leno a few years back in May after the draft, I think.  But you're not really aiming high when you're waiting around for somebody.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whiskeypeet said:

Well, we see it the same way.  I don't hate the FO's efforts to improve the team, but I'm skeptical the additions will actually mean anything in the long term and very concerned we haven't staged the rook for success.  For what its worth, can't understand why we shouldn't overpay for Smith to protect the rook.  The draft capital is there to maybe get some guys, but why risk it?  Even if we can get the LT/RT latent in the second, let them sit or play them when Smith gets hurt.  Make him an offer he cant refuse, we have the cap.

The tackle position is completely bare right now. I expect Peter’s already knows this. I’m sure there’s a plan.

Smith should have been considered an option. But at this point in his career, he isn’t THE all-in option.

Its likely his last season. He just signed a 1-year contract with the Jets.

The news out of Dallas was the Smith wasn’t practicing all week… and had a personal training regimen to get him ready for Sundays…. and he’s still going to miss almost half the/a season.

Its entirely possible he misses even more time, or his play falls off a cliff because of age or new system.

With that kind of risk, I don’t want to spend the type of money that’s reserved for top players in their prime.

At least with the way things are with the cap at the moment. 😂

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Let me say this about the Bears. I think they did more over the last 72 hours to address their puny offense at the receiver position than ever before in this FA.  IMO Fields is underappreciated. 

Personally, and I know I am in the minority, the Bears should keep Fields, trade down and build their roster.  DJ Moore coming out a couple of months ago and saying Fields is the one to keep, he just needs more weapons, is being proven right now in FA.  I had to watch Justin Fields a lot last year visiting a family member who moved into the area who is a diehard Bears fan. 

If you are just looking at stats or him trying to make something happen because of a limited offense last year, again Moore was the only true reliable, well I have to say he is undervalued. 

There were a lot of teams going into the offseason in bad need of a starting QB. If Fields was considered a good option they would have made the move.  That says a lot to me, they know more than we do and nobody is convinced he can be a starting QB who is good enough.  

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

There were a lot of teams going into the offseason in bad need of a starting QB. If Fields was considered a good option they would have made the move.  That says a lot to me, they know more than we do and nobody is convinced he can be a starting QB who is good enough.  

How much did you watch the Bears personally last year?  I do not know what the Bears are doing. I sure don't. But if you look at their roster and what they have done in this FA, they should have done that for Fields. That is my main point. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bobby ****ing Wagner talking about coming here, because of London Fletcher was awesome. 

I can't believe we signed him. Wagner, Luvu and Davis, with Chinn crashing down? That's just unreal amount of pressure we can bring from the second level. 

And he's a field general and coach. What a huge addition.  

Forrest can bring the wood too. Imagine Snead with this group? Thumpers.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RWJ said:

Extremely bare, HigSkin.  I know that Peters and Co. have a plan.  What it is we don't know yet but with little available LTs on the FA market maybe they are trying to drive their price up, but the draft has some good ones and it seems like that's the route we will take.  Still, I'd like to see us get a vet.  We don't know what a rook will do.  Leno on a lesser deal might be the best we can do at this time.  We shall see but here is what Spotrac has listed:

image.png.b6fcd2e3f3fde474bc892cf3922972b1.png

might be time to look at people who can play LT but weren't there last year

10 hours ago, Redwolves92 said:

Can they get mhj though?

what's better?  Having Caleb Williams throwing to Allen and Moore or having Fields throwing to Allen, Moore and MHJ?

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Agreed. Bears just don’t have a strong hand in terms of trading him. 

Isn’t Trent Brown a nutcase

some of his comments about the Pats suggested he was a little paranoid.  Then again it was a Belicheat team so who knows

I'm really interested to see if Braeden Daniels packed on muscle weight this past year while on IR.  297 won't cut it as an NFL lineman but I'd be intrigued if he got up to 315-325.

• Thumb up 1