Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

A Chicken Wing from Churches Chicken.

No sauce

I’m listening 

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Two popsicles and an old bird cage

Only serious offers please. Churches Chicken is pretty tasty. If you can beat that, piss off.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

That too.  Allen SHOULD be happy with us now, since he's got so many new weapons and has huge opportunities to just go crazy this year.  He's got a fat contract that we appear happy to stick to and with the talent now around him he's got the chance to really boost his numbers going into his 30th birthday.

If he has a big year he’ll definitely be looking for at least a restructure, probably a new contract. He’s going to be out of guarantees so if he gets hurt his contract is really zero dollars, he won’t play on that past this year 

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

based on this physical press corner

If I'm interpreting the graph correctly, although it's not labeled, the 1st quadrant (upper left) I take to mean-- "Not in press a lot, good in press coverage". 

If so, we really misused Kendall Fuller. He should have been in press much more.

Yiadom looks like a true stud press corner.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What do you think we could get for Forbes in a trade?

We’ll see how the rest of FA plays out with corner signings. My current feeling is that he has shown a penchant for interceptions in college and although we reached on him, at worst he was an early second round talent. The staff hasn’t gone out of their way to praise him (like Martin) but given Whitt’s background and Quinn and Whitt’s emphasis on capability to teach and hire other coaches that excel at it I’m optimistic they can get Forbes to buy in. 

Given Whitt’s ability to produce elite secondary play and interceptions, along with their (so far) lack of grabbing top tier outside corners tells me they believe they can get him to play at a high level. At a minimum I’m excited to see what he can do in their defense. But if he has a down year with similar struggles with this staff and in this scheme then I think that will be very telling about his future. 

But by all accounts and hearing him speak he’s a hard worker and an intelligent player so I’m optimistic til I hear otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What do you think we could get for Forbes in a trade?

I think he could probly get us a long-snapper named Cheeseman from the Saganaw, Michigan men's flag football league.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bantu said:

Didn't Forbes improve quite a bit (relatively speaking) after the benching. From an analytics standpoint? I could be remembering incorrectly.

Yes, he was much better when he was on the bench. he doesn’t have that coveted position flex though. That’s the only spot where he thrives.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Didn't Forbes improve quite a bit (relatively speaking) after the benching. From an analytics standpoint? I could be remembering incorrectly.

He was basically a Tecmo Bowl level CB the first half of the season and slightly improved.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yes, he was much better when he was on the bench. he doesn’t have that coveted position flex though. That’s the only spot where he thrives.

He started playing again and posting better PFF grades

9 minutes ago, Bantu said:

His best game of the season was against the Patriots. He then got thrown out of the game early against Seattle, got hurt and then was up and down the rest of the way.

If the scheme is press man here, Forbes is just not a fit. I know that generally, in man, his numbers in college were good but that was a small sample size. 

I will add that he and Deonte Banks finished with basically the same PFF grade

Edited by method man
  • Like 2

There is no sense in trading Forbes. His value is an all time low and it just doesn't make sense. He's still on a rookie contract and has some upside. Lets see if the new coaches can get the most out of him. You don't sell low, you just don't.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think Quan Martin and Forbes will excel under the new regime. But we still need a center fielder to play FS.

Unless they unlock the untapped beast that is…Percy Butler. 😆

Percy Butler.  Yeah.  He reminds me a lot of John Bostic.  Aways seemingly running directly away from the play. 

Though, honestly, it’s tough to really tell because the secondary and defense was so fantastically poorly coached.  When Harris left, we had a HS coach as the secondary coach and Jack was Jack.  

So it is possible with professional coaches, they could do better.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Percy Butler.  Yeah.  He reminds me a lot of John Bostic.  Aways seemingly running directly away from the play. 

Though, honestly, it’s tough to really tell because the secondary and defense was so fantastically poorly coached.  When Harris left, we had a HS coach as the secondary coach and Jack was Jack.  

So it is possible with professional coaches, they could do better.  

Butler sucks. I'd be shocked to see him on the 53.

5 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

When they getting Mike Williams?

Keim keeps saying Josh Reynolds. I hope they don’t go in that direction. If the goal is a tall skinny receiver, plenty of those in this draft

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not sleeping on Forbes. We shouldn't have drafted him where we did, but he was still a first round value and would have gone right after our pick most likely.

Agreed. I’ll never forgive Rivera &co for drafting him over Gonzalez- how nice it would be to go into this year without that CB need. And boy, seeing Forbes on that chart that SIP posted on the last page…

all that said, I’m hoping that we just used him wrong and a better system/coaching will raise his play. I’m not counting on it, but hoping.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Agreed. I’ll never forgive Rivera &co for drafting him over Gonzalez- how nice it would be to go into this year without that CB need. And boy, seeing Forbes on that chart that SIP posted on the last page…

all that said, I’m hoping that we just used him wrong and a better system/coaching will raise his play. I’m not counting on it, but hoping.

Entire CB draft class was loaded and we got the one guy who looked like a tomato can(at least as a rookie). And we completely ignored TE which was also loaded.

Just awful awful awful.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3