Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

Summary -

• Wagner chose familiarity with staff over west coach location.  Fills much needed leader in back 7
  • Wagner is a vocal guy even outside gameday (gathers the team at practices and gets on loafers)
  • Seattle played him more that they wanted to vs rotational (team needed to do so)
  • Sees him as a leader who sets the tone
  • Mentioned that Ertz is same kind of guy
  • Older guys are here to establish program identity 
  • Talked about familiarity the coaches have with players and how that plays an important role, especially in FA (strengths/weaknesses/drive/character)
  • Said if Tyron Smith comes here it's because he couldn't go somewhere where he could compete for a "ring"
  • Team does not feel like they need to make a decision on Howell
  • Mentioned Crowder, nice job returning punts and has been close to breaking some
  • He brought up WR Josh Reynolds from Detroit - size and familiary with one of the coaches
  • This group is intent on building through the draft but you can look at the guys that got 3yr deals and see who they want to anchor the team
  • He's expecting a Tackle at some point
  • Need to find a couple corners

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

57 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Spaceman Spiffs here having flashbacks to the glory days of winning offseasons only to **** the bed during the regular season time and time again. 
It’s been awhile, but this feels familiar.

What approach to UFA would have made it feel different?

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d also consider a flyer on Devin White now. Guy can get in the backfield.

With what playing time leftover? Davis, Luvu, Chinn, Wagner. That's 4 guys getting snaps as either starters or in various sub packages when the standard number of LB's on the field is 2. (I know I'm counting Chinn, who will also get some time at SS, but still)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fairness, I wanted to see it suck before declaring that it sucked.

And I got a lot of grief for withholding judgement until it actually sucked.

EB also didn’t help the OL out with play calling.  

Why would we trade up if Caleb won’t play for Chicago?  Make them pick somebody else and pick Caleb at 2.

They could trade the pick to somebody else.

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 FA / Trades - OUT: Thomas, Leno, Gibson, Brissett, S. Charles, Gates IN: TE Ertz, DE Armstrong, C Biadasz, LB Luvu, RB Ekeler, K McManus, LG Allegretti, DE Ferrell, QB Mariota, DE Fowler Jr., LS Ott, S Chinn, LB Wagner BACK: Reaves, Crowder
7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d also consider a flyer on Devin White now. Guy can get in the backfield.

He was quoted as saying he wants to remain a Buc for life. 

That said, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

So we’re rumored to be in on Simmons for FS. Then add a CB. Maybe 2. Hell Fire.

I doubt it.  Another guy who wants the big contract like Curl.  Eagles are out on him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

On NFL network the host said he was texting with Bobby Wagner and he said DQ and Norton obviously were factors as well as Magic Johnson in coming here. 

Magic is such a great asset to have. Closed Kingsbury. Influenced Wagner coming. Magic is pretty tight with the USC program so if they make a move for Caleb he will be involved along with Kliff. I am pretty positive he will also help get a better stadium deal than we otherwise would. 

Love this and totally agree on Magic but FYI the stadium deal is going to be led by Mark Ein. He's super plugged in re: political connections. Dude was Joe Biden's landlord and is neighbors with Tony Blinken. I'd bet a pretty penny he makes the RFK site happen.

(Not to derail this thread with stadium news. Just some context) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Summary -

• Wagner chose familiarity with staff over west coach location.  Fills much needed leader in back 7
  • Wagner is a vocal guy even outside gameday (gathers the team at practices and gets on loafers)
  • Seattle played him more that they wanted to vs rotational (team needed to do so)
  • Sees him as a leader who sets the tone
  • Mentioned that Ertz is same kind of guy
  • Older guys are here to establish program identity 
  • Talked about familiarity the coaches have with players and how that plays an important role, especially in FA (strengths/weaknesses/drive/character)
  • Said if Tyron Smith comes here it's because he couldn't go somewhere where he could compete for a "ring"
  • Team does not feel like they need to make a decision on Howell
  • Mentioned Crowder, nice job returning punts and has been close to breaking some
  • He brought up WR Josh Reynolds from Detroit - size and familiary with one of the coaches
  • This group is intent on building through the draft but you can look at the guys that got 3yr deals and see who they want to anchor the team
  • He's expecting a Tackle at some point
  • Need to find a couple corners

Thanks for the post and recap, HigSkin.  Trying to decipher I'd say LT could be Josh Jones who played for Kliff at Arizona but Kliff doesn't seem to hot for the guy right now.  Also, at CB I'd imagine Jourdan Lewis from Dallas and possibly Gilmore but Gilmore's price might be too steep.  Who know though.  Many surprises.  

12 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Haven't heard anything but I like the idea of Josh Jones from Houston.

Me too and I have mentioned that in other post.  I hope we have our eye on him.  Some tape and he looks like he gets to the next level well in the limited time he's played, CapsSkin but this was from 2020.  Played under Kliff while he was HC at Arizona so he might not be getting a ringing endorsement from Kliff. I don't know.  Most of the tape from Houston in college. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Meanwhile In the middle of a historic free agency...... Rick is ummmmm Just being Rick.

"Amazing Race is starting and I just spotted former Redskins first-rounder Rod Gardner."

Vegas bookmakers say there's a 50-50 chance he wins it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Agreed. My top ywo targets and we've got one in house. I am over the moon blown away.

It's so cool how guys just want to come here.

I keep thinking of the quote about the guy who went from Dallas to Houston, talking about it just Houston being exclusively about football. 

• Like 3

There’s a fake Tyron Smith twitter account going around right now that is clearly a Cowboys fan yearning for his return, and pretending to be him. 

If anyone in here gets duped and posts a tweet from that account, I think we should throw medium-sized rocks at them 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

There’s a fake Tyron Smith twitter account going around right now that is clearly a Cowboys fan yearning for his return, and pretending to be him. 

If anyone in here gets duped and posts a tweet from that account, I think we should throw medium-sized rocks at them 

How about a large boulder the size of a small boulder?

Large boulder the size of a small boulder” falls on Colorado highway,  becomes Twitter sensation | FOX21 News Colorado

• Haha 11
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I doubt it.  Another guy who wants the big contract like Curl.  Eagles are out on him.

I think Simmons would be worth it. If the Eagles are out that’s a good thing.

39 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Interesting decision that IMO.

That saves like 1.5 Mil this year... and I believe we don't get those savings until June 1st so its not like we can put it to use any time soon.

That seems amazingly unnecessary.

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That saves like 1.5 Mil this year... and I believe we don't get those savings until June 1st so its not like we can put it to use any time soon.

That seems amazingly unnecessary.

Yep, 1.5 to 2m this year, kicks in post 1 June.

Maybe unnecessary, but it shows a greater degree of thinking. It more than likely just becomes carry over into 2025, so no harm doing it….just in case….

• Like 1

You people and steak are ridiculous. I like my well done, but I don't get that at a restaurant, I go med well. I think its funny that so many of you get up, get dressed, drive out to a restaurant and pay full price for a raw steak, uncooked steak. I've worked in a restaurant, seen every crazy food combo there is, but people get weird over steaks.

Sorry, I'm like 75 pages behind, I've got a ways to catch up in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2