Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, SkinsFanRob said:

So don’t get me wrong I’m loving these signings. But what’s the deal with signing the older guys on 1 year deals when we are most likely several years from competing. Unless they are hoping we pull a Texans 

Might be something the players and their agents are insisting on.

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

So don’t get me wrong I’m loving these signings. But what’s the deal with signing the older guys on 1 year deals when we are most likely several years from competing. Unless they are hoping we pull a Texans 

Got to change the culture, make it a place guys want to come to. These 1-2 year deals, also don’t hamper the team for years to come.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Trying to get better short term, resetting the culture, and rigging the system for future comp picks if we are unable to resign them next year. It’s a great way to build for the future while also building a competitive team now.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Standig said that Peters is using FA to lift our talent floor and draft for future talent that will take over for the guys we won't or can't resign after their 1 year deals

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

Trying to get better short term, resetting the culture, and rigging the system for future comp picks if we are unable to resign them next year. It’s a great way to build for the future while also building a competitive team now.

Develop your youth behind these dudes as well. Great deal of attention is put on how to develop QBs and such, but much of the same applies to other positions as well. 

• Like 5

Don't matter that we're more than likely going to have a rookie starting at QB. This doesn't feel like these signings are being made by a FO and HC that are looking to win 6 or 7 games this year and be happy with it. It looks more like they're surrounding they're rookie QB with good, solid, high character players and are looking to make an impact on the NFC right now- even with a starting rookie QB.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fearlessNelms said:

Don't matter that we're more than likely going to have a rookie starting at QB. This doesn't feel like these signings are being made by a FO and HC that are looking to win 6 or 7 games this year and be happy with it. It looks more like they're surrounding they're rookie QB with good, solid, high character players and are looking to make an impact on the NFC right now- even with a starting rookie QB.

Sounds like the 49ers model with Purdy...

Edited by Kalu44

8 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Because we have the money to spend and a plethora of roster spaces that need to be filled. 

Why not bring in guys that can make us competitive in the short term while we build for the future through the draft and not hurting our cap down the road?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I thought Wagner was a step slow especially towards the end of the season. Not opposed to it at 6 million.

If nothing else - this signing shows other star players that it's cool again to sign with Washington. That alone makes this a great signing. The production on the field is a bonus

Edited by Kalu44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HoggLife said:

People complaining that we sigh a MLB that we have been lacking since Fletcher retired. Only here can that happen. I swear. 

Good signing. Will draft at least one LB...

Im wearing my sunglasses at night.