Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

38 minutes ago, Blanka said:

Re: Allegretti

I wouldn’t trip just off the low snap count. He’s played well every opportunity he’s had. Some guys end up starter caliber in a situation where the opportunity just isn’t there. 

Previous regimes of ours, I wouldn’t trust to make that projection. This one I’ll definitely give benefit of the doubt. 

The Allegretti signing could potentially mean a bunch of different things

1) If they see Allegretti as the starting LG, there is a decent chance they think of Wylie as the starting RT for next year, at least to start

2) If they see Allegretti as the backup, that is revealing about how they view Stromberg

5 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

So anyone know how much Cap left? And what do we need most now? Is it LT, RT, SS, CB,DE and WR? So say we get 4 of those in the draft and 2 more free agents. 

I don't see us operating without a Vet QB either.

Nothing major but something we gotta get outta FA.

53 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

So anyone know how much Cap left? And what do we need most now? Is it LT, RT, SS, CB,DE and WR? So say we get 4 of those in the draft and 2 more free agents. 

Plenty and yes.

6 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Wonder if the plan would be to have Lucas on LT and a rookie on RT. Could see them brining someone in to compete too.

No way. Lucas has been a career backup for a reason. One of the best swing tackles but he gets exposed when he has to play a string of games. Need a proven solution at the position who can keep the young QB healthy. I think Bolles is a possibility given Denver’s serious cap issues

Rumor going around that the Commanders are working on signing Patrick Queen to join Frankie Luvu and Jamin Davis. Reportedly it's down to Seattle and Washington but we would have to get his money down because of all the other needs we still have. I guess we are about to find out just how much cap, payroll and persuasion magic this new, high powered FO we now have can really muster. 

That would be a heckuva a line backing corp if it happened.

Also, there is a good discussion of our kickers here too.

• Like 1

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 Free Agency & Trades Thread - OUT: Logan Thomas, Leno, Gibson, Brissett IN: TE Ertz, DE Armstrong, C Biadasz, LB Luvu, RB Ekeler, K McManus, LG Allegretti
2 hours ago, Stoox said:

Withe the Allegretti move, I'm wondering if they will move Sam Cosmi back to right tackle...

who will play RG in this situation?

I think cosmi will remain there. He was one of the lone bright spots…

Wylie is gonna be the RT unless a draft pick out-plays him. 

• Sad 1

What are people's thoughts on whether to pick up Jamin Davis' 5th year option?

I wonder if we go for a LB like Queen to complement Luvu and decline Jamin's option. We may decline it regardless tbh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

What are people's thoughts on whether to pick up Jamin Davis' 5th year option?

It was a hard no from me when he was facing potential jail time.

I think he dodged that bullet, but I'd still rather risk letting him ball out this year and trying to sign him during the season then locking in a 5th year for a guy who has not played well enough to earn one, especially when your putting him in a new scheme where there is no way to know how he reacts to it. It might improve his play, it could also depth charge it.

Let him play w/o the promise of next year. If he balls out, he balls out.

• Thumb up 1

So far I really like all the signings except the Ekeler one. It's not bad either because it's not super expensive but I just don't see the need to spend a couple of millions on a guy who really looked washed last year. I generally dig the approach to help a rookie QB with a decent pass-catching RB. Just would have preferred to address that position late in the draft. We have no speed at RB and Ekeler looked slow as hell last season.

Really wanted Onwenu but looks like he wanted to stay. Biggest needs now seem to be tackle and DB. But we put ourselves in a nice position to enter the draft with all options in the table with yesterday's signings. 

Good stuff so far. Filling in big time needs with rock solid guys, without breaking the bank. What they've done so far in free agency makes me look even more forward to what this FO is going to do in the draft- think they're going to crush it.

• Like 2

Is there a reason some of yall are acting like we are done signing offensive linemen that I'm missing?

5 hours ago, spjunkies said:

So this is a thing. 

Bengals done lost they mind on that one...

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is there a reason some of yall are acting like we are done signing offensive linemen that I'm missing?

Bengals done lost they mind on that one...

I think the Panthers totally screwed up their free agency. They got a second and a fifth for Burns after turning down the Rams offer in 2022, absolute snyderesque move (Trent).

"It has been widely reported that the Los Angeles Rams offered two first round draft picks (2024 and 2025) and a second round pick (2025) to Carolina in exchange for Burns."

Now they weakened their team getting rid of 3 LBs, and made us better with Luvu https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/frankie-luvu/51028

Edit : I'm surprised Danielle Hunter is still available, thought he would have been signed on day one.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Two signings for the oline.......me thinks they are 99% drafting QB at #2 now. My hopes of trading back for a kings ransom is gone. Daniels or Maye, and I will be ok with it. Williams feels like an eventual Sua Cravens to me.....but that's just me.

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If you’re 🍀 lucky, at best you’d get a 4th. No one going to give a 3rd for him.

I found an article saying several GMs saying they're willing to give at LEAST a 4th.  So that suggests either going higher or giving a second pick

• Like 1