Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I could see us packaging our 2 seconds to move up and get the left tackle everyone is looking for. Probably need to get between 15-20 to get someone like Fautuna from Washington. 

Not worth it for a T. Its a loaded T class and we can get a good one at 36.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair... A lot of us (including you and I) also believed that Ron wasn't the only factor in play as it pertained to our poor FA signings. Snyder was a major obstacle. To be honest, I think more blame goes to him than Ron. 

RR was and is a mediocre coach. Look at his record. He was even worse, and possibly one of the worst talent evaluators I have seen in the NFL.

Should DS take some of the blame, certainly. Thats been discussed adequately, however Ron had decision making authority over personal and failed miserably. 

I will always admire him as a human being for what he went through personally, and wish him a long and prosperous life. 

That being said, the proof is in the pudding, he’s not a good coach and he’s horrendous as a GM. 

#httc

• Like 3

Just now, DWinzit said:

Lets enjoy the moment....screw Ron and Dan

Sure Ron probably had PTSD but his roster management was terrible. Overdrafting defense bad picks athletes prioritizing butt flex... clutching onto Cheeseman was the final straw.

• Like 2

The rumors about Patrick Queen still being a target are interesting. I think it shows Davis is not in the teams long term plans. Glad to hear another OL has been added. Dude played 60 snaps in the Super Bowl with a shredded elbow. Is he really going to be ready for camp?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I tend to think a ton of our kicking issues was Cheeseman's crappy snaps.  Slye was a good kicker with an insane leg.  I would have been OK bringing him back.

I wasn't a Slye fan.  Big leg definitely.  But he can miss a kick at any time including extra points.  I don't like that vibe from a kicker.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not worth it for a T. Its a loaded T class and we can get a good one at 36.

Depends on what you are looking for. I think if you are looking for day 1 starting left tackle then top 20 is where you need to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

The rumors about Patrick Queen still being a target are interesting. I think it shows Davis is not in the teams long term plans. Glad to hear another OL has been added. Dude played 60 snaps in the Super Bowl with a shredded elbow. Is he really going to be ready for camp?

Yep a few of the bigger names still available. Let’s keep going.

• Like 3

I have no idea how any fan can't be thrilled with every signing.  Allegretti had a higher PFF grade than Brandon Scherff last season. They have filled a giant hole with a solid starter at a reasonable price.  Eckeler is not washed, he is 28 (Barkley is 27) and was injured and a victim of the disaster that was San Diego last season.  He will provide more explosive plays in his first month than Gibson provided in his entire time here.  McMannus is a proven NFL kicker where Slye was far too inconsistent and that was occurring before Cheeseman started rolling snaps to the holder.  We all know the LB was a slam dunk and did provide an impact player but the rest of the signings were just good smart moves. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am on board with targeting Queen but think its clear AP is not going for the big cats. I suspect I am one of few that has remained down on Jamin since the moment we drafted him. Drafted an inexperienced small program athlete. I haven't bought in after seeing a flashy play once a month ; he looks like a special teams player to me. It's mind boggling how badly two former NFL LBs botched addressing that position.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are there any LT around the league that may be available via trade, cap related or other reasons that could become an option?

Draft is loaded with good O Line, LT could be addressed then, but am leary waiting or banking on rookie. 

There is no risk with Ekeler. You spent 5 million dollars on pro bowl caliber player. If he is washed you will know by training camp. Robinson and Rodriguez are a good duo as well. 

1 minute ago, sebestian said:

Are there any LT around the league that may be available via trade, cap related or other reasons that could become an option?

Draft is loaded with good O Line, LT could be addressed then, but am leary waiting or banking on rookie. 

I thought Ronni Stanley may be cut. He’s been through a lot of injuries but could be a stop gap.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I am on board with targeting Queen but think it’s clear AP is not going for the big cats. I suspect I am one of few that has remained down on Jamin since the moment we drafted him. Drafted an inexperienced small program athlete. I haven't bought in after seeing a flashy play once a month ; he looks like a special teams player to me. It's mind boggling how badly two former NFL LBs botched addressing that position.

This!

Also, a player that jumped up the draft board based on combine results IIRC. 

• Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Still a few of the impending Pukes FAs to purge. 

OT is a must for me, meaning we only have one to unearth in the draft. Alongside another IOL in the draft.

Yeah I am anticipating hearing a DB and T are next up. Both could easily come from the pukes.

That and Oren Burks

• Like 1

Aside from maybe Ekeler because RBs age differently, we're signing guys either entering their prime or on a potential upswing of their careers, and to low-risk contracts. 

Peters is approaching FA in the exact way he said he would for the most part (depending on if you want to call Luvu a "splash signing" or whatever), and bearing in mind that Harris indicated early on that we'd be active. These are savvy moves with a lot of potential payoff. 

Edited by sinews
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Slye needed to go.  Hopefully we can get a kicker who will stay with us long term.  He could kick it into the end zone on kickoffs but he

would have unexpected misses too on field goal attempts.

Plus, I believe the kickoff rule is going to drastically change this year if it passes. The league will be trying to eliminate the kick it through the end zone kickoffs which is Slye's specialty. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought Slye was mostly fine, and probably had his stats and confidence severely hampered by having to play with Cheeseman all year.

Still, I got no problem with starting fresh and trying to upgrade.  I wonder if we'll stick with that replacement long snapper we brought in or get some competition for the spot?

shrug-meh.gif.4f10a63b49a7d06ac673d515849438d9.gif

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1