Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Words you hate

Spaceman Spiff

"SPO"

or, Sharepoint Online. I'm working a sharepoint site for my customer, and it is a confusing thing if you don't know it.

They have taken to calling the Share Point Online site "SPO", and wonder why the workforce are reluctant to use it. 

~Bang

I hate it when people say “deep state.” I had someone say that to me the other day as an answer to a question. I told them that people only use that term when they can’t explain something and don’t have any knowledge about the subject but they want to pretend their intelligent. If you say deep state to me, I believe that’s a sign that you’re a dumbass. Also, earlier in the thread I talked about cussing. Dumbass is an appropriate use of ass. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, China said:

Orientate.  No, the word is orient.  No need for the extra letters to say the same thing.

53859be0b1ef66b2f22e26e1045cdabc.jpg

i really want to visit the Orientate sometime.   Orientateles are so pretty!

15 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Narrative...

There are certain words that become trendy to use every once in a while. They come across as terminology that make people think they know what they are talking about. Narrative, from my own casual observation, was a word used by conspiracy theorists around the rise of Trump to start a conversation about headlines and stories they didn't like and thought the media was trying to set. Kind of like they just realized through their own expertise, that narrative was some SAT word  that made them look smarter than what they are. Soon others started using it in similar situations and now is also over discussions about everything like sports. 

I hear the word, I cringe and can't wait for the fad of the use of the word narrative to pass. 

narrative has been an abused MBA-speak term in bad leadership-guru-manuals for forever.

we need to think outside the box how on to control this narrative before the Genie..    ( have to stop, it hurts my brain even to pretend)

44 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

narrative has been an abused MBA-speak term in bad leadership-guru-manuals for forever.

we need to think outside the box how on to control this narrative before the Genie..    ( have to stop, it hurts my brain even to pretend)

I'm so glad I don't need to listen to that **** anymore. New hire VPs spewing that **** was an immediate dismissal of anything he/she said. Ever. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

Agree and you're not wrong about its usage prior to its more rampant use in the 9 years. 

Drip. When someone says "he's got the drip", my first thought is that he has some sort of disgusting disease that I don't want to ask about.

Another new one: Malding. That one was fairly short lived, but I still occasionally hear people use it.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bang said:

"SPO"

or, Sharepoint Online. I'm working a sharepoint site for my customer, and it is a confusing thing if you don't know it.

They have taken to calling the Share Point Online site "SPO", and wonder why the workforce are reluctant to use it. 

~Bang

Ah, man, all our on-prems are pretty much gone now, are we next?  My head hurts reading this...

grantorino-clint.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Despite my initial post, my tribal drive compels me to join.

Definitely "woke", regardless of political or cultural or ethnic identity or motive

"confabulate" in any context

"generational" which in stadium threads has come to run an ambiguous range from pretty good to truly awesome

JIzz, jism, ballsack, babe, jocksniffer, rack, boobs, and others of similar nature, which every time I see or hear them reminds me of how quick and easy it is for many supposedly adult males to transform into adolescent morons for a moment 👹 (prove me wrong😁)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Despite my initial post, my tribal drive compels me to join.

Definitely "woke", regardless of political or cultural or ethnic identity or motive

"confabulate" in any context

"generational" which in stadium threads has come to run an ambiguous range from pretty good to truly awesome

JIzz, jism, ballsack, babe, jocksniffer, rack, boobs, and others of similar nature, which every time I see or hear them reminds me of how quick and easy it is for many supposedly adult males to transform into adolescent morons for a moment 👹 (prove me wrong😁)

0EBAA90D-AA19-44C7-99AA-8984A00EEF9D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Bro...really?

I’m not your bro, buddy.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Delicious.

Succulent.

Melty.

I could barely type those, having mini seizures just thinking of them.

Succulent has a special place in my heart thanks to this gem.

Yinz got me thinking about how I write my menus. I’m going to be using a lot of these words.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda glad "dawg" is dead, as in "what's up, dawg...", at 35 I feel like "idk, bark?"

Edit: this man killed it for me and I think it jus took years to realize it...

giphy(37).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1